BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do they get 11 televised games from? As far as I can remember we have had: -

The list you said + Chelsea at home. (Doesnt include cup games) - so we are on 11.

You would also think that maybe both United & Arsenal at home could be added too - giving us another £1m into the pot!

The TV money from Villa is extra cash that will of already been banked by us....not sure how much though?

500K really is a ridiculous amount of money for one game.

Obviously Rovers can't turn that down as it pays the wages of someone like Zurab for half a season and we can now put that money together with the Benni money and maybe buy someone in the summer. Providing we don't slip down the table of course.

The reason why the TV money is now a different matter........

"The home game against Bolton - originally scheduled for Monday night - has been switched to this Sunday at noon to enable Rovers to retain the television fee of almost £500,000, although it has emerged that the visitors will not pick up any fee for the game.

Each Premier League team is guaranteed close to £6m for 10 televised games at the start of the season - whether the full 10 matches are screened or not - and only when clubs get above that figure of 10 do they start to earn in the region of £500,000 extra per game.

Rovers have now had 11 televised matches confirmed this season, while Bolton have currently only had six scheduled and Lancashire rivals Burnley have eight games pencilled in." LT

Why is it that they don't realise just how bad we are to watch? Surely we must be right down the bottom of the 'desirable viewing' league within the prem.

Still, 2.5m extra over the season, and particularly good fortune if you've spent it all outside the country!

Why is it that they don't realise just how bad we are to watch? Surely we must be right down the bottom of the 'desirable viewing' league within the prem.

Still, 2.5m extra over the season, and particularly good fortune if you've spent it all outside the country!

£2.5m?! :blink:

Maybe they like watching us lose, hence why they tend to pick our away games?!

I suspect a positive side to be put out this game. Dunno why, cos with Bolton it's almost a CERT to be 4-5-1/4-3-3.

My heart says:

-----------Robbo

Jacobsen-Nelsen-Givet-Chimbonda

Hoilett-----Grella-----Olsson

------------Pedersen

---------DiSanto---Kalinic

My head says:

-----------Robbo

Chimbonda-Nelsen-Givet-Olsson

Emerton-Grella-NZonzi-Diouf

------------Pedersen

----------Kalinic

To explain my formation, it is both defensively solid with a somewhat adventurous attack. Jacobsen needs a go at RB, as Chimbonda needs to be played on his weaker foot to be a stronger player (that made sense :wacko: ). Keeper and CBs are self-explanatory. Emerton hasn't been himself the couple of games, so I;d give Hoilett a start. Grella is now fit, so ought to start ahead of R Keef, while N'Zonzi needs a well-earned rest. Olsson and Pedersen are self-explanatory. DiSanto an Kalinic up fornt is something many of us have been crying out to be tried for a while now, and the Bolton game may be the perfect chance to do this. They have lost their best defender (Get well soon Gary, not that you read this) and may be suspect to being made to work hard (no doubt the pace and movement of both players will acheive this, and maybe give Kalinic the chance to score, or open up space for Pedersen and the wingers to attack).

To explain the second formation, it's Sam Allardyce.

The reason why the TV money is now a different matter........

"The home game against Bolton - originally scheduled for Monday night - has been switched to this Sunday at noon to enable Rovers to retain the television fee of almost £500,000, although it has emerged that the visitors will not pick up any fee for the game.

Each Premier League team is guaranteed close to £6m for 10 televised games at the start of the season - whether the full 10 matches are screened or not - and only when clubs get above that figure of 10 do they start to earn in the region of £500,000 extra per game.

Rovers have now had 11 televised matches confirmed this season, while Bolton have currently only had six scheduled and Lancashire rivals Burnley have eight games pencilled in." LT

If that is the case then we won't get any money for the away games that have been shown live? If not, then why don't Bolton pick up any money? :wacko::blink:

Re the TV debate on here, isn't the Bolton game on Sunday at home.

Irrespective of the actual number, we are over the minimum so losing the TV coverage of Notlob would have cost us £500k. With us playing so many clubs in interesting positions in the remainder of the season, we might find ourselves cleaning up in the TV stakes this year. And I'm all for us keeping in a boring position as well!

Re the TV debate on here, isn't the Bolton game on Sunday at home.

Irrespective of the actual number, we are over the minimum so losing the TV coverage of Notlob would have cost us £500k. With us playing so many clubs in interesting positions in the remainder of the season, we might find ourselves cleaning up in the TV stakes this year. And I'm all for us keeping in a boring position as well!

and I don't blame the Club at all, but having a game switched to noon on a Sunday at six days notice is all that's bad about the modern game.

Can't see it inspiring a rush of subscriptions to ESPN either!

If that is the case then we won't get any money for the away games that have been shown live? If not, then why don't Bolton pick up any money? :wacko::blink:

Bolton haven't got to the magic 10 games yet so they get no extra for the game with us. We are already there so any new game means we get an exra £500K on top of the guaranteed c£6m.

Bolton should be fired up for this as they badly need to start putting a series of winning results together otherwise they will be fighting against relegation right up until the end of the season. I'm expecting a win for Rovers though, Bolton have some threats namely Davies and Klasnic (if he's fit) but i feel overall we are the better side and should be going for the win.

Expecting the usual poor performance and tripe served but a 1-0 win that puts us closer to safety.

I like your optimism, but Hughesy we cannot expect anything away with our record.

I think our away form will improve. Benni is gone, Kalanic is coming along, EHD looks like he's walking up, and MGP is playing for a new deal (likely with a club other than the Rovers). So I predict that we'll get more than a few away points.

After last night's Wigan v Bolton game I fear this is going to be an awful bore draw. Bolton could take the game to other teams even under Megson so I think Sam will go safety first. In all fairness, only a defeat would damage our survival prospects so this is another must not lose rather than a must win to stay up.

However, it would nice to think Sam had an eye on having a transfer budget this summer in which case a win could come in very handy ta very much.

Sorry to have changed my tune on this one but OC set Coyle up not to lose at Wigan and I think he will do the same at Ewood.

Sorry to have changed my tune on this one but OC set Coyle up not to lose at Wigan and I think he will do the same at Ewood.

He set himself up!? :blink::wacko:

Anyway I agree its a must not lose, however given our games, a win could prove pivotal and could put some real daylight between us and the bottom clubs. It would give us an 11 point cushion on Bolton, and more than likely on Burnley too!

Well if we win....and Burnley, Hull & Wolves lose then it will look like....

Blackburn P 27 - Points 34

Wolves P26 - Points 24 - Still have Villa, Chelsea, Arsenal & United to play too

Hull P27 - Points 24

Burnley P26 - Points 23 - 6 home games left which is the only place they seem to pick points up (Includes City, Liverpool & Blackburn)

Bolton P26 - Points 23

Pompey - P26 - Points 16, max of 19

A win for us could also open up an 8 point gap between us and 13th (Target)....which would also be good and allow us to look up and try and fight for as high as 8th...

I have a bad feeling about this one purely as the whole Coyle yet to win away from home in the PL factor. It's a typical story for the ex Burnley boss to finally do it with his new club at Blackburn etc.

A win however and we are safe for another season by the end of February, an achievement that IMO would make questioning the managers ability to do the job completely ludicrous.

Archived