BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

Well if we win....and Burnley, Hull & Wolves lose then it will look like....

Blackburn P 27 - Points 34

Wolves P26 - Points 24 - Still have Villa, Chelsea, Arsenal & United to play too

Hull P27 - Points 24

Burnley P26 - Points 23 - 6 home games left which is the only place they seem to pick points up (Includes City, Liverpool & Blackburn)

Bolton P26 - Points 23

Pompey - P26 - Points 16, max of 19

A win for us could also open up an 8 point gap between us and 13th (Target)....which would also be good and allow us to look up and try and fight for as high as 8th...

The only thing that you can guarantee at the end of the season is that there will be some performances that no one expects from teams down at the bottom. Our greatest danger of losing games we should win is an increasing belief that we are safe.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if we win....and Burnley, Hull & Wolves lose then it will look like....

Blackburn P 27 - Points 34

Wolves P26 - Points 24 - Still have Villa, Chelsea, Arsenal & United to play too

Hull P27 - Points 24

Burnley P26 - Points 23 - 6 home games left which is the only place they seem to pick points up (Includes City, Liverpool & Blackburn)

Bolton P26 - Points 23

Pompey - P26 - Points 16, max of 19

A win for us could also open up an 8 point gap between us and 13th (Target)....which would also be good and allow us to look up and try and fight for as high as 8th...

Bolton will stay above Burnley unless we beat them 9 nil. ;)

The only thing that you can guarantee at the end of the season is that there will be some performances that no one expects from teams down at the bottom. Our greatest danger of losing games we should win is an increasing belief that we are safe.

But for us to go down all the teams below us need to be winning whilst we're losing and I can't see that happening especially with the likes of the following games yet to be played;

West Ham v Hull

Pompey v Stoke

Bolton v Wolves

dingles v Pompey

West Ham v Bolton

Sunderland v Bolton

dingles v Wolves

Pompey v Hull

Wigan v dingles

Hull v dingles

Wigan Pompey

Need I go on? they are all games where teams below us will be taking points off each other while we have the chance to take points from Brum, dingles, Pompey & Wolves.

But for us to go down all the teams below us need to be winning whilst we're losing and I can't see that happening especially with the likes of the following games yet to be played;

West Ham v Hull

Pompey v Stoke

Bolton v Wolves

dingles v Pompey

West Ham v Bolton

Sunderland v Bolton

dingles v Wolves

Pompey v Hull

Wigan v dingles

Hull v dingles

Wigan Pompey

Need I go on? they are all games where teams below us will be taking points off each other while we have the chance to take points from Brum, dingles, Pompey & Wolves.

Absolutely, but I don't really think we are in danger of relegation. What could happen though is that we could slip down a few places from where we are now unless we concentrate and don't go into cruise control. It happens with some teams every season.

don't go into cruise control. It happens with some teams every season.

Thats what seems to of happened with Brum abit... although their where on abit of a false run, purely based on confidence.

Hopefully Brum, Fulham & Stoke are the teams to have that cruise control and fall further down.

Thats what seems to of happened with Brum abit... although their where on abit of a false run, purely based on confidence.

How can it be a false run? The results and league table don't lie. I think they deserve every credit for what they have done.

How can it be a false run? The results and league table don't lie. I think they deserve every credit for what they have done.

Perhaps not a 'false run', but the run put them into a position they were never going to hold for the entire season.

They were scrapping wins by the odd goal, often with a bit of good fortune thrown in. They'll slowly start slipping down the league from now to the end of the season, it wouldn't surprise me if we finished above them.

Absolutely, but I don't really think we are in danger of relegation. What could happen though is that we could slip down a few places from where we are now unless we concentrate and don't go into cruise control. It happens with some teams every season.

That is the biggest danger for us, every position is big bucks to a club of our size and to finish in 11th or 12th position would be a huge success for a season where we all know we could have and should have done better in certain games.

Given a little backing in the summer, hopefully Sam will go into next season with a different outlook on certain games and go for the kill. An extra 9-12 points (that we could easily have had this season West Ham at home, Sunderland away, Fulham away + a couple of draws) would have seen us in 7th or 8th position. Now that is nose bleed material!

Let's get another one over on Bolton and Coyle by not just beating them but doing them 3-0, a convincing victory would set us up well for the run in. It would also win me another £10 from my Notlober colleague.

:mellow::mellow: Met office forecasting temperatures in Blackburn could go as low as -6 degrees during the early hours of sunday. This will probably wipe out the local sunday league fixtures.

So I hope the clubs undersoil heating system works because of the early kick off.

:mellow::mellow: Met office forecasting temperatures in Blackburn could go as low as -6 degrees during the early hours of sunday. This will probably wipe out the local sunday league fixtures.

So I hope the clubs undersoil heating system works because of the early kick off.

Pfffffft after all that fuss about sunday league players not making the match, eh? Luck DOES even out ;) (not directed at you JAL, btw)

What like Hull 4th last season near Xmas but they just avoided relgation at the end of the season!? :blink:

Hull got to 4th because they did well, it wasn't false because it happened!! I never for once said that Brum couldn't go on a bad run either.

After last night's Wigan v Bolton game I fear this is going to be an awful bore draw. Bolton could take the game to other teams even under Megson so I think Sam will go safety first. In all fairness, only a defeat would damage our survival prospects so this is another must not lose rather than a must win to stay up.

Bang on.

Might help the attendance a bit though.

I take it ice has not made an appearance then despite the cold weather? If it gets to -6 after rain sheet ice could force the game to be postponed.

It was very icy this morning near ewood - but it should of gone by now with the sun.

Wouldnt imagine we would call a game off for icy conditions, unless it was covered with snow too!

This issue would be simpler (imo) if the club did NOT regard the weather outside the stadium. In terms of pitch conditions and INSIDE the ground, safety should be prime concern, of course. But otherwise, it should be up to us whether or not we want to risk going. That way, those who can make it can still go and arrangements don't have to be re-done. If you hace to miss out, you should be allowed to refund you're ticket.

0-0

an end to end feast of brazilian free flowing passing from one superstar to the next.

If it's superstars you want you wanna start staying at home and watch some dvd's or something.

It's not all doom and gloom Abbey. if we all go into the game with that attitude it's going to be a great day out isn't it.

We are going into the game odds on favourites for a reason, we have very good form at home and we have every chance of putting more pressure on Coyle's Wanderers.

Get you're head up and get behind the lads on Sunday, let's make it a great atmosphere and hope for a result to match.

Archived