BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Vs Rovers

Iceman

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The saves in the first half were bread and butter really. Neither were fantastic saves.

Bit tight, both full length finger tip saves.

Obviously he should have stopped the 2nd one, but the first one I think others are more at fault.

Brown has done well for us in the past also

Are people actually happy watching this dross?

They don't really need a goalkeeper on the pitch and Salgado is beyond embarrasing.

W1 D3 L16 last 20 away games.

But of course "the expert" is doing a great job.

And our home record? Where are we in the league?

Well, the bright side is we're likely safe. If the season ended today I would be more than happy - it's become a real chore to drag myself to Ewood these days to watch largely negative dross. I will still get a season ticket next season, but I know there's plenty round me who are in two minds.

My hope is we stay up, say thanks but no thanks to BFS, and start to rebuild the club from the bottom up with a forward-thinking, modern manager/coach in charge - and before you ask I don't know who that is!! We've had the up-and-coming but old-school in outlook (Ince) that didn't work, we've got an old-school, backward thinking but experienced manager in BFS and if scraping 17th or just above is your target then that's been a success. Personally I think we've got the players to aim higher - we just need a manager capable of taking us forward.

And right on cue, Bert goes off for Andrews - that sub sums up BFS in a nutshell.

Brown and Andrews asre totally out of their depth.

We are 2-0 down and have a quality midfielder on the bench who can PROVIDE so what does Sam do ? Bring on a muppet.

How he can justify his decision making process for this substitution is beyond me.

As for dross ? Rovers are missing a creative spark and Basturk could have done that.

Are people actually happy watching this dross?

They don't really need a goalkeeper on the pitch and Salgado is beyond embarrasing.

W1 D3 L16 last 20 away games.

But of course "the expert" is doing a great job.

And our home record? Where are we in the league?

Where could we be with just a few away wins ??

I agree with RevidgeBlue

Created sweet FA all game (Dunny penalty run only clear attacking move). I'm sorry but this lone striker formation only works when we support the lone man, if we don't we won't score.

Today has further reinforced my view about Pedersen, we would be far better with a proper central midfielder or attacking midfielder playing there than him.

And right on cue, Bert goes off for Andrews - that sub sums up BFS in a nutshell.

And that comment sums up your laughably bad posts in a nutshell.

Anyone half rational would probably agree that Sam's decisions are a mix of inspired and poor, with more being good than bad which is a reason why we're still fairly comfortable. Trouble is you can see the poor decisions far too readily and refuse to acknowledge when he's doing things well.

This just so happens to be one of his bad days, but then the team have played shockingly, passes have gone astray, little openings have been wasted, and those problems are still far more down to the players on the pitch. Putting Salgado vs Bale however is a decision that can be placed on Sam.

Why was Brown favoured over Bunn. He is useless. BFS probably happy at only 2-0 at this stage.

Bunn needed experience before he was in a position to play in this league. He wasn't going to get it at Rovers, so sending him out on loan was a good move.

Has anyone said anything on here that makes it sound like they're happy?

What a f**king stupid question.

What a f**king stupid reply - several posters have expressed the opinion we haven't done too badly today.

Can't agree I'm afraid. Aimless pointless head tennis doesn't even start to describe our play away from home under Allardyce.

Archived