BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Standup Comedy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Evans is about as funny as skinning your ballsack and dipping it in vinegar.

Agreed but rarely have I seen a comedian that splits opinion so much. Hardly anyone thinks "he's OK" rather he's the best since sliced bread or just seriously not funny in anyway. He must just appeal to certain peoples sense of humour leaving the rest of us completely bewildered.

I've just finished watching Ricky Gervais - Science on dvd. I found it really funny, although I know a lot of reviews have slated his performance.

Maybe I liked it more because I'm a big fan of his anyway and love listening to his podcasts.

Got that for Xmas, and while funny I think it's the weakest of the 4 stand-up routines he's released on DVD. The extra bits with Karl Pilkington are as good if not better - particularly the one with Warwick Davis.

Off to see Rhod Gilbert tomorrow ....

Watched Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge and Other Less Succesful Characters on Channel 4 recently, and good gravy it was awful stuff. Even Partridge couldn't save it, though he did get the only decent gags. Just goes to show there's more to a good show than just the performer, he's powerless without Armando Ianucci in the background.

Watched Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge and Other Less Succesful Characters on Channel 4 recently, and good gravy it was awful stuff. Even Partridge couldn't save it, though he did get the only decent gags. Just goes to show there's more to a good show than just the performer, he's powerless without Armando Ianucci in the background.

I haven't seen that, but I was watching Alan Partridge's web series on Youtube and I think Coogan's lost the character. The cracks were starting to form as early as Series 2 of 'I'm Alan Partridge.'

I haven't seen that, but I was watching Alan Partridge's web series on Youtube and I think Coogan's lost the character. The cracks were starting to form as early as Series 2 of 'I'm Alan Partridge.'

You are kidding me? The latest web series as Partridge is the funniest thing he has ever done!

Up there with Saxondale for me (VERY underrated), the humour can be quite subtle at times but the man is a genius as both a comedian and an actor.

You are kidding me? The latest web series as Partridge is the funniest thing he has ever done!

Up there with Saxondale for me (VERY underrated), the humour can be quite subtle at times but the man is a genius as both a comedian and an actor.

It has its moments but there's still too much Coogan and not enough Partridge.

Watch the first series of I'm Alan Partridge and then watch the later stuff. You'll see.

It has its moments but there's still too much Coogan and not enough Partridge.

Watch the first series of I'm Alan Partridge and then watch the later stuff. You'll see.

I have to agree with Topman. The first series was pure genius from beginning to end. He'd become a caricature of himself in season 2.

• 2 months later...

I went to the Comedy Store in Manchester on Saturday and what entertainment it was. For £20 4 comediens plus a cracking compere made it well worth the entry fee.

drinks reasonably priced and a complete sell out.

been there and the frog and bucket loads of times. |You cant fail to have a bad night there... unless youre miserable

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Went to a sportsmans dinner tonight, John Stiles (son of nobby) was the after dinner speaker, very very funny although totally un PC but I suppose a sportsmans do is one of the only times you can get away with that kind of thing these days.

Guest linganzi

Just to clear things up

Frankie boyle truly awful as is Sarah millican

Steven k amos Kevin bridges over exposure

Good, Daniel kitson mark Watson jonny Vegas is absurd live as is Angelos epitethemiou who I saw recently

• 2 months later...

Went watching half of the Amateur Transplants last night at The Lowry. The other half is actually sitting his exams at the moment, but Adam was brilliant by himself.

This is probably their most famous song -

(wear headphones if kids are around!!)

Archived