BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not just the value of players sold?

Thanks for that. Obvious when you point it out. Whilst I was willing to believe that Benitez had spent £39 million in the transfer market, I was not expecting him to recoup £45 million. I think the figures illustrate the turnover in the team but do not confirm by predjudices about his poor financial dealings. - which I am sure are right

That is P8 W2 D4 L2 (And this is including counting there game v us a Draw not a loss) - The 2 they have won are both promoted teams also so I think we have a better chance at home v chelsea than away to liv & spurs, I would accept 2 points out of these 3 games and anything+ is a bonus :)

Pedderz0912, you are brilliant. And you have reinforced my faith that Sam will take us to a top ten finish. Thank you. :):tu:

look at chelseas last couple of away games you maybe surpirsed ;-)

They got beat at Ewood in late december in the cup (What a night!!!)

Then got beat 2-1 at city

Then 1-1 draw at west ham - Chelsea got a penalty awarded for next to nothin here and lampard retake 3 times :)

Then drew 0-0 at birmingham.

then scraped a 2-1 win at burnley

Then drogba rescued a point for them at hull

Then everton (Saha) beat them 2-1

Then beat wolves 2-0 this weekend..

Thats what you class as a "couple"? Bed time must be fun in your house.

:rover: WITH nelsen being injured means samba will be back,so it will be HOOF BALL rovers again,i will be watching the match with the rishton reds so i will be happy with a 3-0 defeat :blink::brfcsmilie:

just because you start and end every post with blackburn colours on display, doesn't mean anybody here is fooled.

Fully hope Andrews plays no part in sundays game, ok he may have been against Bolton but Liverpool is too big a step up for him.

Fully expect not to see Chimbonda either after several months of weak under strength performances from the limp wristed Frenchie.

Other than that, can Samba come back in and play without his head being firmly stuck up his back side and will Bret Emmertons EMPTY HEAD be filled with ideas on how he should play so that he can make a positive contribution to the team.

Just to set the tone for sundays game, Grella HAS TO get stuck into or put a foot into Gerrard and Macherano at every opportunity.

Meet all these and I think Rovers currently couldnt really do anymore B)

:rover: WITH nelsen being injured means samba will be back,so it will be HOOF BALL rovers again,i will be watching the match with the rishton reds so i will be happy with a 3-0 defeat :blink::brfcsmilie:

I think you will be proved wrong. Rovers have the points in the bag, therefore may just go for it, knowing they have the points cushon. Play as they do at home - Sam has already indicated that games against the top 4 are bonus points.

anybody happy with a Rovers 3 0 defeat has to ask themselves if they really are a Rovers supporter. Waggy, are you a dingle in disguise?

Pedderz0912, you are brilliant. And you have reinforced my faith that Sam will take us to a top ten finish. Thank you. :):tu:

Smoss thank you!! Heres to a top 10 finish :)

I know we have a tough fixture list now, but hey lets enjoy it and give each game a real go - Watched liverpool v that romanian team and they arent fantastic however with our current away form & torres back i think 3-1 liverpool :(

I really hope we start with two up front, because as Sunday proved (when Roberts came on and we played two up top) that's when we play football, look more dangerous and I feel if we were positive we could give Liverpool a problem.

However, deep down we all know that we are going to start with Niko up on his own, hoof aimless balls in his vague general direction (like the first half on Sunday), or try to win free-kicks/thrown-ins/corners in Liverpool's half, and lump it up to Samba. When we inevitably go two goals down we'll either put two up front and give it a go, or retreat further and get mullered 4 or 5-0.

Cue Sam's loverboys now leaping to his defence and reminding everyone he's the greatest tactical genius since Lord Nelson, and that hoofball 4-5-1 is the greatest tactical masterstroke since the Trojan Horse. ;)

I really hope we start with two up front, because as Sunday proved (when Roberts came on and we played two up top) that's when we play football, look more dangerous and I feel if we were positive we could give Liverpool a problem.

However, deep down we all know that we are going to start with Niko up on his own, hoof aimless balls in his vague general direction (like the first half on Sunday), or try to win free-kicks/thrown-ins/corners in Liverpool's half, and lump it up to Samba. When we inevitably go two goals down we'll either put two up front and give it a go, or retreat further and get mullered 4 or 5-0.

Cue Sam's loverboys now leaping to his defence and reminding everyone he's the greatest tactical genius since Lord Nelson, and that hoofball 4-5-1 is the greatest tactical masterstroke since the Trojan Horse. ;)

Heard you the first time.

You were talking @#/? that time too.

I think this how we will start the game v Liverpool:

--------- Robinson ---------

Salgado Samba Givet Ollson

Nzonzi Grella

Emerton Pedderz Diouf

Niko Kalinic

However I would love us to start with the same side as above but Dunn/basturk instead of diouf (Then swap with Pedderz), I also enjoy olsson going down left mid so Chimbonda at leftback and ollson further forward wouldnt be a disaster. I still think 3-1 Liverpool but lets hope we show up this time. Im there again this season - Lets hope better than last - Can I also say torres 1st goal last year was absolutely awesome lets hope he picks up a niggle in between now and weekend :)

I think this how we will start the game v Liverpool:

--------- Robinson ---------

Salgado Samba Givet Ollson

Nzonzi Grella

Emerton Pedderz Diouf

Niko Kalinic

However I would love us to start with the same side as above but Dunn/basturk instead of diouf (Then swap with Pedderz), I also enjoy olsson going down left mid so Chimbonda at leftback and ollson further forward wouldnt be a disaster. I still think 3-1 Liverpool but lets hope we show up this time. Im there again this season - Lets hope better than last - Can I also say torres 1st goal last year was absolutely awesome lets hope he picks up a niggle in between now and weekend :)

i am puzzled how anyone can say drop diouf after the last couple of displays he has put in!!

I'd be looking to play:

--------------Robbo

Salgado-Samba-Givet-Chimbo

--------Grella-NZonzi

--Diouf------Peds------Olsson

--------------Kalinic

Diouf could be replaced by Bert or Hoilett depending on preference, but I opted for Diouf based on his last couple of games. Having said that, I would have no qualms with the line-up by Pedderz0912 either! Feeling confident of a draw IF Torres isn't yet fit. Other wise, I'm guessing 2-0 loss after battling hard.

Archived