BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

i am puzzled how anyone can say drop diouf after the last couple of displays he has put in!!

It is simply hes defensive qualities - I suppose he has had 2 decent games so maybe against his old club might prove worthwhile - But its the sort of game you can imagine him going missing a few times :( and 2 good displays in what his last 10-15 isnt consistant enough and it is a shame cus he is 1 of our most talented players at the club. But yea current form give him a start and hope he continues it for a while for once ;-)

However if we go on form I think wed have to start andrews (Not his biggest fan) however when he cam eon at west ham he did quite well , v Hull again steadied away and against bolton he showed heart and a solid performance (Along with some fantastic positioning and decision making)_ 3 games we didn't concede a goal also. so on form that would be Andrews instead of Emerton in the team I picked - Shame tho cus Brett was looking gud before that injusry and since it he hasnt hit off yet...

So yea Robbo, Ollson, Givet, Samba, Salgado, Pedderz, Nzonzi, Grell, Andrews, Diouf and Niko..

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting how virtually everybody picks a different team, no wonder so many people disagree when the teams are announced.

Got a feeling we'll get at least a draw in this. Liverpool are low on confidence and I think they'll get very edgy if we can stop them playing for the first half an hour.

As for the line-up, I'd go with the following (assuming Dunn/Basturk aren't fit enough to start)...

.............. Robinson

Salgado Samba Givet Olsson

......... N'Zonzi Grella

.. Emerton Pedersen Diouf

............... Kalinic

I've got a feeling Andrews will start ahead of Grella though.

I have a good feeling about this one.

Liverpool are weak at present and playing negatively, theres a great opportunity for the team this weekend to end our "big team" hoodoo.

--------------Robbo--------------

Salgado----Samba--Givet----Olsson

--------------Grella-------------

Hoillet----Dunn---Pedersen--Diouf

--------------Kalinic------------

I'm not sure junior will start since he featured last night, but you never know. If not N'zonzi will be in with Diouf on the right and Pedersen wide left. Pity because we have pace down both flanks when he does.

I'm not sure junior will start since he featured last night, but you never know. If not N'zonzi will be in with Diouf on the right and Pedersen wide left. Pity because we have pace down both flanks when he does.

Junior limped off last night towards the end and I would assume that might well rule him out of even sitting on the bench on Sunday.

Fully expect the same team as last week with the exception of Nelson.

Andrews, bless him, did well last game having been turned into an emergency center back. But I'd be really disappointed if he started against the hubcap stealing scum this weekend since all of our midfield options are fit for a change.

I'd go with

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Givet - Jacobsen/Chimbonda

Grella

Diouf - Dunn - Pedersen - Olsson

Kalinic

Would rather see Olsson on the flank than at left back for this one. I'm still not entirely convinced about his defensive qualities, but I think he's much better on the wing anyway. Diouf has got to play seeing as it's at his former stomping ground and he's having a bit of a purple patch at the moment. Salgado's played well recently and his experience will be crucial for this one, so I'd definitely keep him in the side. I think Jacobsen's been a far better player for us than Chimbonda and not got the credit he's deserved, but I'm not too sure what he'd be like at left back whilst Chimbonda at least has some experience playing there. I'd have both Dunn and Pedersen playing off Kalinic as Liverpool are not the side they used to be and if we stand up and fight then I'm sure there's something to be had from this game.

Attack them and I reckon we'll get something. Sit back and they will crap all over us and the illiterate fools in shell suits will start crying 'Top 4' again.

There, this management lark's easy...

I really hope we start with two up front, because as Sunday proved (when Roberts came on and we played two up top) that's when we play football, look more dangerous and I feel if we were positive we could give Liverpool a problem.

However, deep down we all know that we are going to start with Niko up on his own, hoof aimless balls in his vague general direction (like the first half on Sunday), or try to win free-kicks/thrown-ins/corners in Liverpool's half, and lump it up to Samba. When we inevitably go two goals down we'll either put two up front and give it a go, or retreat further and get mullered 4 or 5-0.

Cue Sam's loverboys now leaping to his defence and reminding everyone he's the greatest tactical genius since Lord Nelson, and that hoofball 4-5-1 is the greatest tactical masterstroke since the Trojan Horse. ;)

Thats been the way for the past 12 months, no reason to think Sunday will be any different.

Then again with points in the bag, Allardyce may try to have a go :o

0-3

?!?! 3rd bottom?!

This is an appalling inditment of Keanes performance in the transfer market and to a lesser extent of Bruces managerial abilities. I had thought that Bruce had bought well - would certainly wlcome Darren Bent to Blackburn - but can't see why Sunderlands results of late have been so poor.

This is an appalling inditment of Keanes performance in the transfer market and to a lesser extent of Bruces managerial abilities. I had thought that Bruce had bought well - would certainly wlcome Darren Bent to Blackburn - but can't see why Sunderlands results of late have been so poor.

Agree, the wheels have well and truely fallen off. They had some great results and have just fell away. Maybe they used all their luck up on the beachball incident!!!!

I don't think our usual tactics will be the way to approach this game. There is something fundamentally wrong with our tactics away from home, that much is clear, and I'm hoping our safety cushion will allow Sam to add some adventure to our play. Playing Kalinic on his own works fine at home, because the onus is on us to get the ball forward. He isn't going to see much of the ball at Anfield, which is why I'd like someone up there with him. I'm not expecting a result from this game, but I want us to give it a go and not attempt to soak up all the pressure - because it's proven time and time again that we CAN'T.

how about just trying to keep the line up the same or as near as possible as the last couple of games and try and get some consistency and understanding and see how it goes.

Samba for Nelsen the only enforced issue really - so unless no option try and keep a winning team and take it from there.

If it doesn't work - change it during the game - as that is what we would be doing anyway as swapping and changing as not done us any good this or last season.

Lose again after changes and it would be the same old why do we keep messing about with the line up

Its a simple game that you just need to work at - lets not complicate.

how about just trying to keep the line up the same or as near as possible as the last couple of games and try and get some consistency and understanding and see how it goes.

Samba for Nelsen the only enforced issue really - so unless no option try and keep a winning team and take it from there.

Sort of agree, although I would put Grella or Basturk in for Andrews.

------------ Robbo

salgado samba givet olsson

--------nzonzi grella

emerton dunn pedersen

------------kalinic

think that would be my starting team!

heard weve only sold around 600 for this ?

Diouf in Bert's place on recent performances. Other than that, it actually sounds a reasonable line-up prediction :tu:

At £40 a pop I cant say im suprised! Id be going but for the price....not because I cant afford, but because I refuse to pay for it! Hell that would usually get you 3 games at Ewood!

While I agree with you (I'm not going for the same reason) I believe this is part of how are fans may become further spoilt. A small rise shouldn't be too much for the average fan to pay?

I don't want to sound like I'm on a crusade here btw.

Can't expect too much from this fixture so I'm not going to. Nothing to lose so let's have a good look at Basturk please. A good attacking formation with Grella holding.

Can't see us being hurt too much (unless Kuyt hits one of his hail mary's) until Torres comes on as a sub late on, then he'll probably score one.

Strangely relaxed at the prospect of losing as long as we play well, I'll go 1 - 0 to Liverpool but hope for an entertaining draw.

While I agree with you (I'm not going for the same reason) I believe this is part of how are fans may become further spoilt. A small rise shouldn't be too much for the average fan to pay?

I don't want to sound like I'm on a crusade here btw.

£40 for Liverpool away is too expensive - to them we should be classed as a Cat B game and they shouldnt be charged at more than around £30. £40-£45 for a top game like United v Liverpool I understand, but Rovers at Home, a game they are expected to win? They are simply exploiting the fans!

There are also some very poor views at Liverpool too, really low seats or right at the back where you cant see alot of the ball in the air.

£40 for Liverpool away is too expensive - to them we should be classed as a Cat B game and they shouldnt be charged at more than around £30. £40-£45 for a top game like United v Liverpool I understand, but Rovers at Home, a game they are expected to win? They are simply exploiting the fans!

There are also some very poor views at Liverpool too, really low seats or right at the back where you cant see alot of the ball in the air.

Police aren’t the best either:

Last visit I made, I was finishing up my pint under the stand, when one of Liverpool finest aimed his a stick at the said pint, missed, and told me in no uncertain terms to drink up as I'm causing a fire hazard :wacko:

Now I’ve put weight on in recent times, but me causing a fire hazard where 500 had been stood 2 minutes earlier!

The joys of being a football supporter.

Archived