BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

I'm praying Chimbonda doesn't get anywhere near the starting 11. I'd love to see Grella start but only if he is match fit. I really believe we need to be alittle more attacking than usual away from home in this game, Liverpool have major defensive worries so lets not play to their strengths and let them attack us. I'd be delighted with a draw but expect a narrow defeat in a close game.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree with you (I'm not going for the same reason) I believe this is part of how are fans may become further spoilt. A small rise shouldn't be too much for the average fan to pay?

I don't want to sound like I'm on a crusade here btw.

Totally disagree, I am the first to shout 'spoilt fanss', the Villa Semi being a prime example but not for this game.

I know lots of good fans who have been to Anfield countless times but cannot justify spending £40.

Look at the evidence, we have in all likelyhood secured safety, its FOURTY POUNDS and most importantly- the team have failed to turn up again and again and again away from home- especially against the big 4.

Saying that I'm going, Christ knows why!

Totally disagree, I am the first to shout 'spoilt fanss', the Villa Semi being a prime example but not for this game.

I know lots of good fans who have been to Anfield countless times but cannot justify spending £40.

Look at the evidence, we have in all likelyhood secured safety, its FOURTY POUNDS and most importantly- the team have failed to turn up again and again and again away from home- especially against the big 4.

Saying that I'm going, Christ knows why!

I was referring to a point about ROVERS on the ST 2010/11 thread. I didn't mean that 40quid was an acceptable price. But more that maybe we should come to expect to pay such prices at somepoint in the near future. While rovers have reduced the prices lately, I fear we might be having to seriously UP the prices if we are to remain as stable as we currently are. We (as a club) need to go with the trends set by other clubs and up the prices when it is eventually called for. I just think there's something going to happen in relation to ticket pricing fairly soon (say, within the next 5 years).

But yes, 40quid for Liverpool away is a rip off.

40 pound is a shambles... we should charge the away fans the same prices as they charge us... play them at theyr own game..

And what has happend to Chimbonda? hes gone off the boil in recent games and then frozen out of the side ...

Although i am liking pedersen in his new position , showing bit of " bottle " and willingness to play for the club now....

• Backroom

I know it's early days and we are not safe yet but I'd tell them to go out and enjoy themselves tomorrow.

If we set up like we have often away at the big 4 we could get mullered again.

2-1 Liverpool

Living in Liverpool I always go to the Anfield and Goodison matches.

This game I was unsure about, due to the fact it is £40 and our recent history away from home.

I bit the bullet and ordered my ticket yesterday morning just in time for me to receive the ticket before the game.

The company I work for has a box at Anfield but all the Directors normally have it and entertain the banks in it, I put the feelers out last week but was told it was full and no chance basically.

Late yesterday afternoon I got a phone call saying I could have a ticket for the box as a client wasn't coming, free booze and food thrown in!

My Dad is now having my ticket as an early father's day present.

Sod's law and all that.

Robinson, Olsson, Salgado, Givet, Samba, NZonzi, Diouf, Pedersen, Kalinic will all definately play (barring injuries or whatever). So two spots are up for grabs really - a central midfielder and either a striker (if we go 442) or an attacking midfielder/winger if we go 4231.

Probs Grella for CM. Then a massive toss up between Hoilett, Emerton, Di Santo, Dunn, Roberts, Reid and Basturk for the AM/Winger/Striker role. No way to choose between them apart from fitness and who has been doing the business in training.

Andrews did a good shift at CB but he should definately not start on Sunday. Also I hope Jones is on the bench.

Salgado at right back could be a problem if Babel starts, he is starting to show some form and could torment Salgado with his pace.

If Torres starts then i think it will be difficult for us to get anything from this game, if he doesn't then i feel we could sneak a win with a set piece. Liverpool's zonal marking system has come under a lot of scrutiny this season, if we can really test it then chances will come.

Looking at our away record and our record against them it points to a Liverpool win, however i just have this gut feeling we might win this. Rovers to win 1-0.

Please Mr. Allardyce DONT play Keith in this one, plus if your going to play Emmerton make sure you coach him so that he understands what hes got to do, rather than simply run around like an headless chicken, it shows you know :glare:

cheers JAL.

Only Rovers fans would want arguably our best performer in the last game drops in this one, who else in our midfield has the energy to track gerrard ?

Well he hasn't been our best performer by any assessment, he's done quite well for him that's all and thanks to him for that. My question to you is: if he tracked Gerrard what would he do when he found him? Close him down? Tackle him? Or run around in the vicinity pointing? I hope we can play Dunn, N'Zonzi and Grella in the middle. The thing is that would put Pedersen on the wing where I'd sooner have Olssen. Seems like we have competition for places at last.

I think we actually have a better chance in this game then in our next 2 ones.

Robinson

Jacobsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

Holiett/Emerton Nzonzi Grella Ollson

Dunn

Kalinic

would be my team. I really think Ollson should be playing as a midfielder, as his strong side is definitely his pace and dribbling skills. Not sure of Chimbonda is back in form though...

and I guess if Dunn still isn't 100%, Pedersen can replace him.

I'd keep Andrews out of this one as well, he struggles against the big four, although he did pretty well against Liverpool at home this season.

??????????????? Engage brain before opening mouth ?

I'd have a word in Samba's ear - he needs to get his act together. We can't afford another lengthy suspension with Nelsen out for a while. I think he may have found himself on the subs bench today if Nelsen had been fit.

Lawrenson predictably is going for a home win, although I suppose you can't blame him for once. I do think a win is unlikely, however like others on here I do have a funny feeling there could be something in this game for us.

The BBC website preview mentions the crop of good young players we have coming through, are we finally getting some credit?

Although a very vocal minority of our fans seem to have a pathological need to pick holes in everything we do, we should be enjoying this current run. Right now is the best feel good factor I have had following Rovers for probably about 3 years.

Admittedly it can all come to a halt in 90 minutes but looking up and down out league our fans have a lot more to be happy about, relatively speaking, than most others, and that includes tomorrows opponents.

Our record at Anfield, and indeed most away grounds these days is terrible, but similar to BigUts I fancy a sneaky win with Kalinic keeping up the momentum and enhancing his growing reputation with a goal...heart over head says 1-0, late goal from Niko.

Archived