BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

Only one change, Samba for the injured Nelsen.

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Givet, Olsson, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Diouf, Kalinić.

Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, Dunn, Roberts, Grella, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

LIVERPOOL: Reina, Agger, Gerrard ©, Torres, Aurelio, Benayoun, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Carragher.

Subs: Cavalieri (GK), Aquilani, Babel, Insua, Ngog, Kelly, Ayala.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very strong side out from Liverpool but I think we can give a good account of ourselves.

Enjoyed this on the Beeb:

1448: And while we're at it, I quite enjoyed this from Sam Allardyce as well: "People just think Sam Allardyce and long ball but that is not fair on my players. We are playing some good stuff at times... It's not my players fault, it is mine. Actually no, it is you guys who write about perception and not reality."

1443: Anxious groans from the home fans as Johnny Heitinga swings over a corner and Phil Jagielka is left unmarked to head over. Just on Big Sam v Rafa, Allardyce has been in fine form this week, accusing Liverpool of copying his Bolton tactics to climb up the table. "They've had to go back to basics and the pretty stuff goes out of the window until you start winning. They have been professional and dogged enough to slowly improve over recent weeks."

From timbotouch on Twitter: "I wonder if Benitez will walk past Big Sam's outstretched hand. Cameras will be on that one too."

Why 1 up front again? The Bolton game summed our season nicely - first half, one up front, long ball, percentage, dross. Second half, 4-4-2, nice football in spells, opposition pinned back, several chances, comfortable win.

So what does The Expert do? Pick the former, against a very average Liverpool team who just played in Europe, in a game where anything at all is a bonus - why not attack them and at least try to win? Clueless - absolutely, fooking clueless. With this line-up, and 1-0 down already, I can only see a heavy defeat for us here.

Oh well, who's up next?

We're going to do a Man City.

I really hope you mean Man City at Chelsea yesterday, and not our pathetic capitulation at Man City! :unsure:

• Backroom

Was to be expected and our brilliant home results have afforded us a bit of space to breathe in the games against the big 4, the 'bonus games' if you like.

Just hope we don't capitulate

Archived