BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Home Fans Arrested ?

bobbarton

Apparently someone had a load of toilet rolls and were throwing them around in the Darwen End. Some of them arrived around the fans in the DE. When they picked them up and threw them back - in a light-spirited atmosphere - the stewards/police took note. During half time when it was calm they collared the individuals and threw them out. No warning given prior to that.

Anyone know what happened with the bloke in no1 as well he seemed to have a funny do of sorts

He came back from the bar and fell asleep at his seat, the people round him got a bit worried when he wouldn't wake up so got St John's involved, he got took to an ambulance, but decided he didn't need treatment when he had sobered up a bit

Ejecting them is harsh (though i don't have too much sympathy for them) and they should take it up with the club but they weren't arrested so the thread title should really be changed before the usuals come in and go crazy about how it's ridiculous and they should all be allowed to chant racist remarks and vandalise anything and everything they want every game.

Either way, idiocy and provocative behaviour from our fans is definitely on the rise.

Agreed. The police rarely (i say rarely because there are obviously extreme cases, but these are not the cases i believe we have witnessed at recent rovers games) arrest people for no reason unless under mistaken identity, and although they can be harsh given recent events at rovers matches why give them an excuse. it isn't hard to watch a football match without getting arrested or ejected

Can understand some of the sensitivity given recent events, but come on, what is the problem with chucking a toilet roll for Gods Sake?

Never thrown one at a match myself, or anything else for that matter, but it has been done for years at games, all part of the atmosphere...

I remember in the title winning days people used to spend all week shredding up old newspapers to throw at the game, it was great!

Sense of perspective needed here.

Can understand some of the sensitivity given recent events, but come on, what is the problem with chucking a toilet roll for Gods Sake?

Never thrown one at a match myself, or anything else for that matter, but it has been done for years at games, all part of the atmosphere...

I remember in the title winning days people used to spend all week shredding up old newspapers to throw at the game, it was great!

I thought this was on the concourse or in the bogs, or something.

If it's the old 'throw the bog roll onto the pitch to make a streamer' thing then it seems harsh to be arrested for it.

I thought this was on the concourse or in the bogs, or something.

If it's the old 'throw the bog roll onto the pitch to make a streamer' thing then it seems harsh to be arrested for it.

I saw one getting thrown in the Darwen End from my seat in the BBE and presume that is what we are talking about.

Fair play if people are arseing about in the concourse, after what went on at Stoke, then they should have more sense but I don't think this was the case here.

Wow. Thanks for bringing back some fine memories! Never seen anything like that. Bring it back!

Depends on if your sat on the pot looking for some paper post your ablutions, then you realise some chavs chucked them all.

Or if somebody has forgot to untie the puppy before throwing the roll.

Ejecting them is harsh (though i don't have too much sympathy for them) and they should take it up with the club but they weren't arrested so the thread title should really be changed before the usuals come in and go crazy about how it's ridiculous and they should all be allowed to chant racist remarks and vandalise anything and everything they want every game.

Actually, they were arrested as well but let go without charge. It was for throwing toilet rolls that they didn't bring in but someone else was throwing around.

Obviously the police and stewards are very sensitive after what happened at Stoke and understandably so but there is no comparison between a heavy bin and a toilet roll.

Archived