BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Evening Telegraph

waggy

it's advertising space.

man united paid for it. hardly a disgrace. united can't sell their tickets and use some feeble excuse like returns to save face. i find it funny more than anything. they will have bought advertising all over the north west, not just here. they have 'fans' everywhere. i'm sure the LET got a good deal.

what's the problem?

:rover: picked up saturdays telewag this morning and low and behold MUFC are advertising match tickets on the front page for tuesdays match,i reckon this is a disgrace,the LET is for the east lancs area not south london :unsure::brfcsmilie:

I thought they had 4 trillion fans on a waiting list for tickets?....or maybe that's just the excuse "pretend" fans give for not going.

The Telegraph has definately gone down-hill... more so because of their apparent favoritism of the Dingles.

One example I think i've mentioned before is that in their version of the Monday sport pull out it's named "The Claret" where-as ours is called "Full Time".

As for advertising in out of town local papers, I think Rovers should do it throughout the Lancashire area when they put offers on... Rossendale, Preston, Blackpool for example.

rover.gif picked up saturdays telewag this morning and low and behold MUFC are advertising match tickets on the front page for tuesdays match,i reckon this is a disgrace,the LET is for the east lancs area not south london

Its a disgrace i agree, this is the second time although last time it wasnt on the front page. What next a full front page spread.

Are you aware Rovers advertise in the local papers of the clubs that are visiting Ewood to encourage away support to come to Ewood? There have been several occassions when the club have been offering a good ticket deal and have paid for advertising to encourage away support to take up the offer.

I suppose you think this is A DISGRACE?

As for advertising in out of town local papers, I think Rovers should do it throughout the Lancashire area when they put offers on... Rossendale, Preston, Blackpool for example.

They do.

The Prestonians go mental when we take out big ads on the back of the Evening Post.

They come out with "its a disgrace" :lol:

:rover: picked up saturdays telewag this morning and low and behold MUFC are advertising match tickets on the front page for tuesdays match,i reckon this is a disgrace,the LET is for the east lancs area not south london :unsure::brfcsmilie:

I think it comes under business. How can a paper turn down a fee for advertising. You are of course entitled to your opinion, even if I think it is daft. Every business has to do all it can to increase revenue, the LET is no different. I live 65 miles away from London, yet Charlton have a coach that comes to my area for every match to pick up supporters - at a charge of course. I supose you think they should just keep to the London area. Business is business in my view.

rover.gif picked up saturdays telewag this morning and low and behold MUFC are advertising match tickets on the front page for tuesdays match,i reckon this is a disgrace,the LET is for the east lancs area not south london

Free world old chap (or at least until the sad day when the Tories are re-elected) and businesses and individuals are at liberty to advertise wherever they want.

You could advertise in the LET your willingness to replace Mr Allardyce if you wish. Don't expect any response mind.....

I did notice a picture of Big Sam on the back of the LT a couple of weeks ago, which was taken showing him looking half cut, with one eye open.

I remember as soon as I saw it thinking that it was either a)a very bad choice of photo chosen by a poor editor of a poor newspaper, or b)someone at the LT trying to make Rovers/Big Sam look stupid.

I suppose either could be true, or both...remember the Big Sam "I don't understand the rules of football" headline recently?

Either way as a sometime online reader and former contributor to the Rovers section of their website I can tell you it is a really poor publication and I am surprised that anyone still buys it.

I did notice a picture of Big Sam on the back of the LT a couple of weeks ago, which was taken showing him looking half cut, with one eye open.

I remember as soon as I saw it thinking that it was either a)a very bad choice of photo chosen by a poor editor of a poor newspaper, or b)someone at the LT trying to make Rovers/Big Sam look stupid.

I suppose either could be true, or both...remember the Big Sam "I don't understand the rules of football" headline recently?

Either way as a sometime online reader and former contributor to the Rovers section of their website I can tell you it is a really poor publication and I am surprised that anyone still buys it.

Would agree. The tone of the paper is all wrong for Rovers supporters with headlines quite often written from the wrong angle.

Local newspapers sports reporters have to be "supporters with typewriters" and you get the feeling reading the LET that the editorial staff is not on our side. The editor (not sports editor) is at fault here and it's his funeral with lost sales and a declining readership.

there's more to the LET than the sports section ya know.

Local newspapers sports reporters have to be "supporters with typewriters"

have you read the burnley supporters pieces in the LET? i'm sure the burnley fans find it embarrassing. i would not want the rovers section to go that way. though if they are biased against us that is a great shame and needs to be addressed. i have not noticed it however.

there's more to the LET than the sports section ya know.

I would be willing to bet that if you took the Sports section out, sales would fall enough to cause the paper to have to seriously continue consider stopping printing.

In Peter White's days the percentage of sales solely due to Rovers coverage would have been even higher.

I would be willing to bet that if you took the Sports section out, sales would fall enough to cause the paper to have to seriously continue printing.

In Peter White's days the percentage of sales solely due to Rovers coverage would have been even higher.

every daily newspaper sales would fall rapidly if they took the sports section out.

i don't know how you are going to arrange that bet though. contact the LET and see if you can set it up :wacko: .

to stop buying the LET based purely on the sports section is a little odd though considering it offers people much more than just that (and i find it offers enough from that section anyway). there are no other good local newspapers daily so if you want daily local news what else would you buy?

Would agree. The tone of the paper is all wrong for Rovers supporters with headlines quite often written from the wrong angle.

Local newspapers sports reporters have to be "supporters with typewriters" and you get the feeling reading the LET that the editorial staff is not on our side. The editor (not sports editor) is at fault here and it's his funeral with lost sales and a declining readership.

Totally agree.I have noticed on more than a few occasions this season the reporting of Rovers news to be rather 'distant' if you understand my point.

Oh for the days of Peter White.

Free world old chap (or at least until the sad day when the Tories are re-elected) and businesses and individuals are at liberty to advertise wherever they want.

You could advertise in the LET your willingness to replace Mr Allardyce if you wish. Don't expect any response mind.....

Aye, because Liebour are all about openness and transparency!

Anyways, the Telegraph defintely has a Dingle bias this season, as does Radio Lancs, possibly because it's their Premier League debut? Another reason to want them to rejoin the wilderness.

Also, it is not helped by Andy Cryer, the first time in decades that the Rovers reporter isn't a fan, and it shows.

Correct Manc rover. Nothing sinister about it, it's just obvious to anyone with a modicum of sales experience. Market research will have identified and informed the very professional marketing dept at Old Trafford that Man Utd is a very popular club amongst young muslims. Where better to advertise than in Blackburn and similar towns with a large muslim population?

Archived