BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kits 10/11

Hughesy

O2G - Can you ask where the club stand on away kit being halved....alot of fans appear to want it. Also wasntit mentioned before that the club had already picked next seasons designs!?

The club and Umbro are already aware as we have told them several times. I think the reality is that for commercial reasons they need shirt designs that are different each year.

Next season's designs will have been agreed at least 6 months ago, probably longer. It won't be long before the deadline for 2011/12 arrives but we will hope to have some input through the Forum before then, probably in April.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

After we got promoted at Wembley I've always been a big fan of yellow away kits.

One of my first memories of Rovers was Tranmere away on the terraces all the fans singing 'yeeeellows'

I'd like to see some sort of memorial to Jack Walker on the kits this year. 10 years since his passing. Maybe his name under the badge or at the bottom of the shirt.

Surely this idea still has enough time to be implemented? It would be a brilliant tribute to the man and I think it would also help ship a good few extra shirts to boot :rover:

Red and Black halves, 1 part of the shorts red, the other black, 1 red sock, the other black. Much like Racing Santanders kit :) could somebody post that kit of Racing? Or Yellow and Black halves. Good idea for the uncle Jack tribute. At the bottom of the shirt, or at the top, have "there's only 1 Jack Walker" on another note, bring back Kappa

I'd like to see some sort of memorial to Jack Walker on the kits this year. 10 years since his passing. Maybe his name under the badge or at the bottom of the shirt.

It's a good idea but unless the club have already thought of it it's almost certainly too late now. The shirts are probably in a container from the Far East right now.

It's a good idea but unless the club have already thought of it it's almost certainly too late now. The shirts are probably in a container from the Far East right now.

Its for uncle Jack, send the container back. ;) If the club havent thought of it, then its not good.

Container or not....it wouldnt cost much to add some simple embroidery at a local factory im sure.

O2G - Can you suggest a vote for future kits please...simple way to allow fans to have a say...maybe even a design competition which is then taken to a vote!

Red and Black halves, 1 part of the shorts red, the other black, 1 red sock, the other black. Much like Racing Santanders kit :) could somebody post that kit of Racing?

Not a fan Icers...although the blue n red could work.....

racing_0910-kits2.jpg

You have got to be joking, that would mean that both us and Umbro were organised and there would be a chance of them being on sale before the season end.

With the anniversary I think it is only fitting that we encorporate Jack's name into the badge area or the back of the shirt.

I heard a rumour that our next kits will be made of the same material Umbro have used for the new England and City kits.

Has anyone heard anything for definite?

I have a feeling that all Umbro kits will be tailored from this year. Republic of Irelands new home kit is taliored and a number of South American teams who have Umbro kits have tailored kits too.

Container or not....it wouldnt cost much to add some simple embroidery at a local factory im sure.

O2G - Can you suggest a vote for future kits please...simple way to allow fans to have a say...maybe even a design competition which is then taken to a vote!

racing_0910-kits2.jpg

2,3,1 in that order. As for the kits - I prefer the first design... ;)

The away kit should be halved. One of the halves should be pink:

1. for breast cancer awareness;

2. To stand out; and,

3. to appeal to all the small girls who wouldn't otherwise care for football but who'll grow up to be Rovers fans because their parents bought them a pink team shirt;

4. to embarass the squad and put them in a fighting mad mood come away game day.

Agree totally!

Also to add

5. Tailored polo shirt like the England kit

6. Maybe yellow should be the other half after the comment by TCO.

racing_0910-kits2.jpg

I like that green and black halves, except maybe with both green or both black socks. Does anybody, think an all Black kit could work, or an all red kit? With the Crown Logo printed in white, and in the same manner as the away shirt.

I definitely agree the kit should be halved. The red and black halves were my fave away kit for quite some time. I think pink and black halves might look slightly tasteless as would yellow and black (no offence, guys). In terms of a perhaps charitable colour scheme, the green and black halves above (with a slightly darker green) could be a tribute to the NSPCC?

If I were making the away kit purely out of instinct, I'd be going for the design of our home kit, but have black where it's white. Although I do like the idea of black and red hoops.

In terms of the Jack Tribute. What about if 'Only One Jack Walker' was added in smaller letters above 'CROWN' in such a way that the little crown on the top would be above 'Jack'.

In order for Rovers to move themselves away from this term UGLY football thats reared its ugly head the new kit must have WHITE socks to give a more appealing look.

No way, for goodness sake keep the blue socks for the home kit, it looks miles better than white socks.

No way, for goodness sake keep the blue socks for the home kit, it looks miles better than white socks.

Disagree, the blue socks look dirty, but the white socks was aimed at the new away kit earlier in this thread.

Socks should look bloody dirty on a football pitch!!! I'd be ###### off if a player came off the pitch after a game looking pristine!

Dirty kit, ugly football.....not a good image. White is pure, white is good, the opposite of dirty and ugly, what i'm trying to say is this is one way of changing the ugly image through selecting the right colour.

You must remember premeirship pitches are clean, green and mostly immaculate pitches were also tackles are frowned upon.

Dirty kit, ugly football.....not a good image. White is pure, white is good, the opposite of dirty and ugly, what i'm trying to say is this is one way of changing the ugly image through selecting the right colour.

You must remember premeirship pitches are clean, green and mostly immaculate pitches were also tackles are frowned upon.

A very reasoned argument....but I'd still get annoyed if players came off the pitch cleaner than when they went on it! I guess the right colour thing MAY work, but I can;t really see what difference it makes. ManUre play in Red and black. Dirty @#/?s! And bolton play in all white :rock:

Archived