BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kits 10/11

Hughesy

In terms of apt memorial for Jack, I would like to mention again the idea of a 'JAck's Rovers' vs 'Current Rovers' on the anniversary of his passing. Apologies for forgetting whoever thought that up a few weeks back, but I think it's a wonderful idea. And the 'transfer' idea sounds a little naff if I'm being honest :\ Not that I can think of anything better, mind :unsure:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that last season we ordered the shirts in about September/October for them to be ready at the end of the season.

The one year the club are actually organised and someone comes up with a great idea. I could have sworn when we voted on the away kit design that year it was quite late on, maybe christmas time.

The one year the club are actually organised and someone comes up with a great idea. I could have sworn when we voted on the away kit design that year it was quite late on, maybe christmas time.

Twas - think it was going on when we face Coventry at home in the cup....which would of been early Jan. Dont ask me how I remember that, but I just do!

Twas - think it was going on when we face Coventry at home in the cup.

Oh brilliant thanks for bringing that up, just about forgotten that one. That was a brilliant car journey back to the midlands with 2 Cov fans.

At least the club are organised and will have the kits out early. It is good that they have finally managed it.

Oh brilliant thanks for bringing that up, just about forgotten that one. That was a brilliant car journey back to the midlands with 2 Cov fans.

At least the club are organised and will have the kits out early. It is good that they have finally managed it.

Has the opening of the club shop in the town centre prompted shorter lead times. Went into the club shop today and they didnt have the current home kit on sale as they'd sold out, only at the town centre shop and other sports shops could you get the current kit.

Has the opening of the club shop in the town centre prompted shorter lead times. Went into the club shop today and they didnt have the current home kit on sale as they'd sold out, only at the town centre shop and other sports shops could you get the current kit.

We talked about shop stocks at the Forum - this is the minute: -

ND expressed concern about low stock levels in the Roverstore, particularly for childrens’ replica kits. SW acknowledged the problem, Sales of shirts had increased as a consequence of the increase in season ticket holders and the opening of the new town centre shop. This had been exacerbated by a lack of historic sales information following the split with Sportsworld. The current white away shirt had also been particularly popular.

It was simply not possible to place extra orders for replica kits as the lead time would be months and costs higher than would be commercially viable. For other lines such as t-shirts, which were sourced in the UK, lead times were very much shorter and stocks could therefore be adjusted rapidly. Orders placed for next season would mean more stock but the club had to continually balance the desire for constantly available stock with the need to ensure that excess stock was not left.

We talked about shop stocks at the Forum - this is the minute: -

ND expressed concern about low stock levels in the Roverstore, particularly for childrens’ replica kits. SW acknowledged the problem, Sales of shirts had increased as a consequence of the increase in season ticket holders and the opening of the new town centre shop. This had been exacerbated by a lack of historic sales information following the split with Sportsworld. The current white away shirt had also been particularly popular.

It was simply not possible to place extra orders for replica kits as the lead time would be months and costs higher than would be commercially viable. For other lines such as t-shirts, which were sourced in the UK, lead times were very much shorter and stocks could therefore be adjusted rapidly. Orders placed for next season would mean more stock but the club had to continually balance the desire for constantly available stock with the need to ensure that excess stock was not left.

Cheers for that only two g's. Very positive !It is a business afterall so its vitally important that costs and level of stocks are controlled to maximise the club's bottom line.

When told today that the shirts had all been sold, must say was mightly impressed, looks like the club are manageing stocks pretty well. Plus, if they bring out the new kit before the school holidays then they, the club, are onto a winner for the first time in a long while and in such testing economic times.

A big well done must go to the management of this area of the club.

Would have thought though they can marry up the season ticket database with current ages and what they buy, along with the general public and their history of purchases to guide them forward to a greater future bonding betwen the fans and the club .

Hughesy's thread on merchandise ideas was a great brainstorming thread for inputting what the fans would like to see in the club shop.

The traditional blue and white scarf in the club shop at £7.99 is a great clothing item well done to the club for this.

Lets hope we can go from strength to strength now.

Cheers for that only two g's. Very positive !It is a business afterall so its vitally important that costs and level of stocks are controlled to maximise the club's bottom line.

When told today that the shirts had all been sold, must say was mightly impressed, looks like the club are manageing stocks pretty well. Plus, if they bring out the new kit before the school holidays then they, the club, are onto a winner for the first time in a long while and in such testing economic times.

A big well done must go to the management of this area of the club.

Would have thought though they can marry up the season ticket database with current ages and what they buy, along with the general public and their history of purchases to guide them forward to a greater future bonding betwen the fans and the club .

Hughesy's thread on merchandise ideas was a great brainstorming thread for inputting what the fans would like to see in the club shop.

The traditional blue and white scarf in the club shop at £7.99 is a great clothing item well done to the club for this.

Lets hope we can go from strength to strength now.

I think the club would feel that they should have quite a few more shirts but it's understandable why they haven't. My impression from the meeting is that this year's order will be considerably bigger and that it should be on sale during May. Whether that's both shirts or just the away one I don't know but most likely the latter.

blackburn20100223155870.jpg

blackburnaway2010022310.jpg

I quite like both of those :tu:

Where`d you get them/do them?

Rovers should have a 'design a shirt' competition for the fans. maybe they`ll get some good ideas. Plus they`ll get a better idea of 'what the fans want' :huh:

I have always thought that ALL our shirts should be halved.

Blue/White. Green/Black. Red/Black. Light/Dark whatever.

If, as we are always told, it is about worldwide branding, then,

we must become known as the English team that plays in halved shirts.

I do like the idea of a 'Jack' shirt.

Archived