BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2010/11

BigUts

After reading the thread regarding kits, I wondered what people thought about the possibility of us keeping the price the same and retaining a lot of the supporters from this season??

Every game seems to be a few thousand of 20k for almost every PL game which can only be good in terms of finances and also the team performing on the pitch.

And with us pretty much safe now, when do we anticipate the sale of season tickets to commence? (Can you tell I'm excited having had my first full season ticket this year?!?)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope there is a price freeze for at least those who have season tickets this year if not new purchasers as well. It would be a shame to build up such a good following at home to them stick the prices back up and lose a lot of them.

Im sure once survival is gauranteed then the club can then look at the possiblities for next season and then come up with something official.

Either way il be renewing my 2 tickets, + getting 1/ possibly 2 extra

Stop eating, get some exercise and you'll fit into just one, so we can get a few more people in rather than you taking up space ;):P

I hope there is a price freeze for at least those who have season tickets this year if not new purchasers as well. It would be a shame to build up such a good following at home to them stick the prices back up and lose a lot of them.

I'd reckon the best policy would be a freeze for this seasons STH's with a slight advance for new fans. So if current STH's pay 200quid, new fans pay 220quid or something. Still bloody cheap!

Burnley season tickets up by roughly 10%.......the freebie brigade at the tiny Turf are not happy!

Have the freebie brigade even got their cash back yet??

If its up 10%, that probably means that should they stay in the prem, it could well be £40 a ticket there next season!

We had a discussion about next year's season ticket pricing at the Fans Forum on Tuesday. Nothing has been decided yet and the club were just keen to consult us about our expectations. There were, however, some interesting numbers quoted by Simon Williams. This is the minute: -

SW stated that no decisions had yet been made about the pricing of season ticket and matchday tickets for the 2010/11 season. He hoped to hear some feedback from members of the Fans Forum at the meeting as part of the process of making these decisions.

Of the 19,200 season ticket holders, 6,800 were new. Of these 1,500 had returned after not having bought a season ticket for many years in some cases. 4,200 were completely new to the club. As a result average Premier League attendances were at 25,200, which is 80% of capacity.

The Darwen End experiment had been a qualified success with 1,500 season tickets sold and a singing area developing well, which had been much appreciated by the players. Matchday prices had risen slightly, giving a clear savings differential for season ticket holders.

The Forum had a wide ranging discussion about the approach for next season, particularly in respect of how to encourage further growth in Darwen End sales without reducing sales in the other three stands.

We had a discussion about next year's season ticket pricing at the Fans Forum on Tuesday. Nothing has been decided yet and the club were just keen to consult us about our expectations. There were, however, some interesting numbers quoted by Simon Williams. This is the minute: -

SW stated that no decisions had yet been made about the pricing of season ticket and matchday tickets for the 2010/11 season. He hoped to hear some feedback from members of the Fans Forum at the meeting as part of the process of making these decisions.

Of the 19,200 season ticket holders, 6,800 were new. Of these 1,500 had returned after not having bought a season ticket for many years in some cases. 4,200 were completely new to the club. As a result average Premier League attendances were at 25,200, which is 80% of capacity.

The Darwen End experiment had been a qualified success with 1,500 season tickets sold and a singing area developing well, which had been much appreciated by the players. Matchday prices had risen slightly, giving a clear savings differential for season ticket holders.

The Forum had a wide ranging discussion about the approach for next season, particularly in respect of how to encourage further growth in Darwen End sales without reducing sales in the other three stands.

could you shed anymore light on what was actually discussed for the darwen end as i am in there ie would they like to leave us in there for all 19 games as you the players appreciate it.

Some ideas which I think would be good:

• Keep the prices the same
  • Introduce an official singing area - which comes with a warning about the fact people more stand and sing more in that area
  • Keep the un-reserved seating in the darwen end
  • Split the Darwen End into 2 - for all games - giving both sets of fans around 4000 tickets each!
  • Maybe a special discount to OAP's to sit in the riverside.
  • Offer a longer season ticket - maybe a 3 or 5 year one at a agreed price...with no back-out for fans

I would think you mean 'keep prices the same' for, say, current STH's with a slight increase on price for new STh's? Would the club be able to afford keeping our tickets as cheap as they are?

£1m extra TV money so far....+ extra TV money from next season :rock:

As for prices....check this out - £200+ dearer than us!! And very possible they could be watching Championship football!! :lol::lol:

"Tickets are now on sale and current season ticket holders have until March 31 to purchase at ‘early bird’ prices.

Adult tickets bought before that date range from £345 in the Jimmy McIlroy Stand lower tier to £426 in the Bob Lord Stand and the James Hargreaves Stand upper tier.

After the March 31 deadline, adult tickets will range between £409 and £512"

Some ideas which I think would be good:

[*]Split the Darwen End into 2 - for all games - giving both sets of fans around 4000 tickets each!

We've just got the away fans to where they should have been for the last 10 years Hughesy. Leave 'em there and claim back Ewood for the home fans.

Okay don't get cocky, I forgot about the TV money ;)

And I'd prefer most of that money goes into the squad. Surely us fans can afford to pay another, say, 20quid more than last season? In as much as I love how cheap the tickets are, they can't stay too cheap for too long or the club will begin to suffer again when prices DO eventually rise.

Okay don't get cocky, I forgot about the TV money ;)

And I'd prefer most of that money goes into the squad. Surely us fans can afford to pay another, say, 20quid more than last season? In as much as I love how cheap the tickets are, they can't stay too cheap for too long or the club will begin to suffer again when prices DO eventually rise.

You would think so wouldnt you....I was happy to pay the £299 from the previous season to be honest!

If they do rise, you can gaurantee some will use it as their excuse to not renew.....

I hope the club keep it £200 for 1 more season - that way it gives us a chance to grow our support further, before slight increases start to happen!

You would think so wouldnt you....I was happy to pay the £299 from the previous season to be honest!

If they do rise, you can gaurantee some will use it as their excuse to not renew.....

I hope the club keep it £200 for 1 more season - that way it gives us a chance to grow our support further, before slight increases start to happen!

I think the 'one more season' of 'too cheap' tickets is a happy compromise :tu:

Have the freebie brigade even got their cash back yet??

If its up 10%, that probably means that should they stay in the prem, it could well be £40 a ticket there next season!

They are also running an 'early bird' scheme by the end of March...the fans wont even know which division they will be paying to see.

Take a look at those prices!!

Archived