BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2010/11

BigUts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could you shed anymore light on what was actually discussed for the darwen end as i am in there ie would they like to leave us in there for all 19 games as you the players appreciate it.

No I can't. As I said above they haven't made any decisions yet, let alone shared them with us on the Forum. Certainly offering a 19 game ST for the Darwen End is something they will be thinking of but for example they also have to consider the income loss from offering United, Liverpool and City 8,000 tickets at £35 each if they sell more than a certain amount. As the minutes says they also need to be aware of pushing extra sales in the Darwen End at the expense of the other 3 stands.

Some ideas which I think would be good:

• Keep the prices the same
  • Introduce an official singing area - which comes with a warning about the fact people more stand and sing more in that area
  • Keep the un-reserved seating in the darwen end
  • Split the Darwen End into 2 - for all games - giving both sets of fans around 4000 tickets each!
  • Maybe a special discount to OAP's to sit in the riverside.
  • Offer a longer season ticket - maybe a 3 or 5 year one at a agreed price...with no back-out for fans

Why do we need an official singing area when we already have a thriving unofficial one. Things like this will always work better if they grow organically rather than are imposed by the club.

Splitting the Darwen end in two would cut down on occasions like last Sunday, when they could close half of the lower tier and have consequent staff savings.

Why do we need an official singing area when we already have a thriving unofficial one. Things like this will always work better if they grow organically rather than are imposed by the club.

Splitting the Darwen end in two would cut down on occasions like last Sunday, when they could close half of the lower tier and have consequent staff savings.

Just not all fans read messageboards and therefore if it was made known to all - it may attract more 'like minded' people to that area.

As for last sunday - didnt they have staff upstairs for the 2000 bolton fans? Where as they could have completely shut the top tier - and created much more banter in the lower tier!

Also splitting it in two would make it easier for when the big teams come....if we havent sold our 2000+ tickets then they could have the whole top + half of the bottom - rather than the full 8k - and therefore leaving our singing area intact for the whole season?!

Just not all fans read messageboards and therefore if it was made known to all - it may attract more 'like minded' people to that area.

As for last sunday - didnt they have staff upstairs for the 2000 bolton fans? Where as they could have completely shut the top tier - and created much more banter in the lower tier!

Also splitting it in two would make it easier for when the big teams come....if we havent sold our 2000+ tickets then they could have the whole top + half of the bottom - rather than the full 8k - and therefore leaving our singing area intact for the whole season?!

And do you think those not on messageboards haven't spotted the fact that there's a group of fans singing in the Darwen End? Are they all sat at home thinking "I would go down to Ewood if only there was somewhere I could sing?".

Part of the reasoning for having the away fans in the top tier is that they are a long way from the pitch and they find it harder to be heard. Away fans have definitely been quieter this season because of this.

And do you think those not on messageboards haven't spotted the fact that there's a group of fans singing in the Darwen End? Are they all sat at home thinking "I would go down to Ewood if only there was somewhere I could sing?".

Part of the reasoning for having the away fans in the top tier is that they are a long way from the pitch and they find it harder to be heard. Away fans have definitely been quieter this season because of this.

I agree its been quieter - but its also been quieter in the home ends too!

As for 'other' fans - not all will be aware no - like most of them around me until I told them what they was trying to achieve - alot of people just think they are the fans with the cheap deals like 3 for £30 on a p!ss up! I just think if it was made by an official announcement then the area/ atmosphere would grow.....if it did, Great - as it would then increase our number of home fans and get rid of the need for 8000 mancs to be paying £35 a ticket every year & then over-running the surrounding towns.

The Darwen End experiment had been a qualified success with 1,500 season tickets sold and a singing area developing well, which had been much appreciated by the players.

....it`s a pity the BBE don`t join in the singing too :rolleyes:

I do were i sit in the BBE

....Oh, so it`s you is it? :rolleyes:

I bet you really annoy the rest of them with your noisy antics. I`m suprised they haven`t complained about you yet! :blush:

It wouldn't do any harm if the club mentioned the new singing area, but as for splitting the Darwen End down the middle, nah it works well as it is now. It's been very rare this season that an away club has needed more than 3k when the DE has been split (only Sunderland. Tottenham didn't quite sell out) and I doubt any others will except maybe Everton.

....Oh, so it`s you is it? :rolleyes:

I bet you really annoy the rest of them with your noisy antics. I`m suprised they haven`t complained about you yet! :blush:

Yawn. Is every post you make an attack on the BBE? There are quite a few who sing, it's just a shame there's a lot of grumpy sods. Don't make out the Darwen End is the only noisy stand, as before the turn of the new year it was quiet in there!

• Backroom

Some ideas which I think would be good:

• Keep the prices the same
  • Introduce an official singing area - which comes with a warning about the fact people more stand and sing more in that area
  • Keep the un-reserved seating in the darwen end
  • Split the Darwen End into 2 - for all games - giving both sets of fans around 4000 tickets each!
  • Maybe a special discount to OAP's to sit in the riverside.
  • Offer a longer season ticket - maybe a 3 or 5 year one at a agreed price...with no back-out for fans

Yeah, I don't think it would be wise of the club to advertise illegal behaviour.

These new Darwen End elitists are quickly getting tiresome, the BBE isn't amazing ay present but it obviously seems quieter from the other end, this famous Darwen End amazing atmosphere seems quite damp from where I sit to be honest.

Anyway I'll be getting one, I hope its the same as this season where we have very few Saturday home games, less games to miss for me to play footy.

How have the 3 game DE packages been going?

One suggestion I would give is a few different packages for there. Maybe 5, 7 and 10 match packages. Would be great for people from a bit away who can't really travel 3 times that close in succession, and would allow for pre-planning on train tickets for cheaper fares.

I honestly don't think Rovers season tickets could go any lower so surely they will rise with inflation? A 3% rise on 200 quid is only 6 pounds a year. No-one would complain about that would they?

Of course they would moan!

I've already heard a couple of people say if they go up they won't renew. Rovers fans are spoilt!

Yawn. Is every post you make an attack on the BBE?

:lol: Not every post, but i do enjoy poking fun at you guys :blush:

TCO...."These new Darwen End elitists are quickly getting tiresome, the BBE isn't amazing ay present but it obviously seems quieter from the other end, this famous Darwen End amazing atmosphere seems quite damp from where I sit to be honest."

:lol: That`s another one in the net! ;)

How have the 3 game DE packages been going?

One suggestion I would give is a few different packages for there. Maybe 5, 7 and 10 match packages. Would be great for people from a bit away who can't really travel 3 times that close in succession, and would allow for pre-planning on train tickets for cheaper fares.

With this season's pricing you save money with a season ticket if you go to 7 games, so the club are not going to bring out any cheaper packages for effectively the same thing.

I agree its been quieter - but its also been quieter in the home ends too!

I disagree with this - the DE Choir has very often sparked the rest of the ground into chants. All the choir needs now is an orchestra to accompany it - I always liked the Sheff Weds band, could we start something similar ? (not talking about more damned drummers though :-) )

For the first time since we had terracing in the BBE - I have heard friendly banter between the various Darwen and Blackburn factions - all really adds to the amosphere and sense of fun.

I always liked the Sheff Weds band, could we start something similar?

I haven't been at Ewood all season, so I have no idea if the DE section has had limited success or if we suddenly sound like Galatasaray. But it seems like Rovers fans have started something that actually allows an atmosphere to develop organically with the flow of a game, instead of to the beat of some moron's drum. And yet you think it's a good idea to introduce a band?

No drummer in the Darwen End please!!! :unsure:

We don`t want or need him thanks. The variety of songs being sung in the DE is mainly down to the fact we don`t have a drummer attempting to join in/drown out every song with a BANG BANG BANG BANG!!!!

I`ve heard songs that i`ve not heard since the days of the old BBE terracing. Long may it continue.......& blossom!! :rover:

with Rovers now giving away match tickets the ST is again being devalued. They think it is a great initiative but such marketting ploys will have a long term negative impact.

With so many offers around, constant date changes for matches which make it difficult to attend why bother getting a ST? And don't even get me on to the quality of the product (the product being football...if you can call it that!).

Sorry but ST for 2010/11....why bother?

with Rovers now giving away match tickets the ST is again being devalued. They think it is a great initiative but such marketting ploys will have a long term negative impact.

With so many offers around, constant date changes for matches which make it difficult to attend why bother getting a ST? And don't even get me on to the quality of the product (the product being football...if you can call it that!).

Sorry but ST for 2010/11....why bother?

because they'e incredible value for money?

Archived