BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Bridge Quits England.

Am I totally wrong with this but I really think Bridge needs to get a grip of himself regarding this whole situation.

His ex girlfreind jumps into the sack with John Terry 9 months after they broke up.

Yes Terry is married but Bridges ex is a single girl.

Far far worse love triangle scenarios have happened,this really is a storm in a teacup because he's a mollycoddled

premiership footballer,how old is he 16 ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If one of my so-called mates had jumped in bed with my ex-girlfriend (and mother of my son), I wouldn’t want to be playing with him again. If it takes some of the media spotlight off the squad and prevents any divisions in the camp during the World Cup – then he’s made the right decision.

Am I totally wrong with this but I really think Bridge needs to get a grip of himself regarding this whole situation.

His ex girlfreind jumps into the sack with John Terry 9 months after they broke up.

Yes Terry is married but Bridges ex is a single girl.

Far far worse love triangle scenarios have happened,this really is a storm in a teacup because he's a mollycoddled

premiership footballer,how old is he 16 ?

:rover: after last night i'm not bothered if terry's on the plane either,i hope bridge nuts him in the handshake before the game :blush::brfc:

If one of my so-called mates had jumped in bed with my ex-girlfriend (and mother of my son), I wouldn’t want to be playing with him again. If it takes some of the media spotlight off the squad and prevents any divisions in the camp during the World Cup – then he’s made the right decision.

So ho should your ex-girlfreind (mother of your son)behave for the rest of her life ?

Cover her face with a black veil maybe?

Agree with Leftwinger on this 100%. Yes the media have blown this out of proportion but in the world cup environment when players are in each other's pockets for weeks, I can easily see it becoming a problem. Even if there wasn't an "atmosphere" between Bridge and Terry then if there was a mix up in defence that lead to England conceding in a vital game, you could see the papers having a field day.

Totally Bridge's decision to make and he must have thought long and hard about it - who wouldn't want to play in the World Cup for their country? Terry is obviously going to the world cup if he remains injury free so if Bridge thinks it could be a problem then he's right to withdraw. Will be interesting if Terry get's injured before the WC - would Bridge then make himself eligable for selection again?

There might well be more to it than has been reported in the press. He's also mentioned that he feels that his presence in the squad may well be divisive, so he's thinking of more people than just himself.

In ny case, it's his perogative. He's the second-choice left-back, no-one would care if Ashley Cole wasn't injured.

Who are we to judge Bridge'sdecision? We have no idea how distressing this situation might be for him, how close the he and Terry were prior to the incident, how long the affair had been going on for etc etc.

If it were me and my recent ex had an affair with a colleague or friend, then I'd probably take it badly and I doubt I'd then be able to spend weeks at a time in close proximity with them.

Even though people may think he has gone overboard, the fact that he thinks that he thinks his presence may be divisive is the key to all this. People within the camp may support one guy or the other, especially when the two would be in such small confines. And then there would be all the media attention that would be focused on the team (more so than usual), just waiting for a slip up to happen, so it could be blamed on the two players.

So she was single then.

I can't see what on earth the fact that they weren't married has to do with it.

Bridge is right - if he went to South Africa, every camera and journalist would be looking for any reaction when he and Terry were within yards of each other - thatb would be the story and not the team and its performances.

What would have been really good to see would have been Terry saying he had not reached the standards expected of him and withdrawn. That would have been the honourable thing to do but I don't for a minute think Terry would be capable of doing this.

Do you really think that there was enough time for Terry to start banging her in December after she'd split with Bridge, get her pregnant, find out about the pregnancy, arrange for and go through with an abortion for her, and the 'papers to get hold of the story in January?

Even if he jumped on her on Dec 1st, I'd suggest that is rather quick work to be believable (on the assumption that what is stated in The Times is correct).

In any case, to move in on someone's ex-partner not long after they have separated, when it happens to be the long-term partner of your best-mate, with whom she'd had a four-year old kid, whilst cheating yourself on your own wife with whom you have twin daughters, and then forcing your mistress to have an abortion is likely to open scars that saying "get a grip" to someone is not likely to repair. I can fully understand why Bridge would not want to be on the same team as Terry.

I think if she was single, she should've been free to see whoever she wanted, but I would add thaat shagging her mate's husband, who also happens to be her ex-'s mate, shows a severe lack of sensitivity. She could've seen anyone else without the need for a "black veil" or whatever dramatic characterisation you wish to come up with.

So she was single then.

You're a dick.

Put yourself in Bridges shoes.

You work with one of your best mates, You split up with the mother of your children.

Then a few months down the line it turns out your mate has been banging her and you hadn't the fogiest.

Your mate denies this of course and tries to hush the rumours by texting people you work with saying that it's all lies. Then it comes out that it was all true and you hear more rumours that he got her pregnant.

When you went back to work would you really want to be in the same room as him?

Would you be able to work well within a team with your "mate"?

Get your head out of your arse.

You're a dick.

Put yourself in Bridges shoes.

You work with one of your best mates, You split up with the mother of your children.

Then a few months down the line it turns out your mate has been banging her and you hadn't the fogiest.

Your mate denies this of course and tries to hush the rumours by texting people you work with saying that it's all lies. Then it comes out that it was all true and you hear more rumours that he got her pregnant.

When you went back to work would you really want to be in the same room as him?

Would you be able to work well within a team with your "mate"?

Get your head out of your arse.

It happens every day to normal people who have to take it like adults draw a line under it and get on with their lives.

You sound as childish as Bridge.

Archived