SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Bridge Quits England.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a dick.

Put yourself in Bridges shoes.

You work with one of your best mates, You split up with the mother of your children.

Then a few months down the line it turns out your mate has been banging her and you hadn't the fogiest.

Your mate denies this of course and tries to hush the rumours by texting people you work with saying that it's all lies. Then it comes out that it was all true and you hear more rumours that he got her pregnant.

When you went back to work would you really want to be in the same room as him?

Would you be able to work well within a team with your "mate"?

Get your head out of your arse.

There is no need for the abuse, just because someone else's opinion is different to your own.

Anyway, my take on this is that it is just another example of the unprofessional attitude of those in the so-called professional game. I wouldn't mind if these people were just blokes down on Pleasington finding it a bit difficult to be in the same space as someone else equally objectionable, but these are highly paid, highly trained 'professional' people and representing your country is one of the highest honours that can be bestowed upon such folk.

Oh, no, on reflection, perhaps only two out of three actually apply. Any notion that today's footballing elite are in any way professional is a sick joke. They should rename it the 'Arrogant, Overpaid, Over-rated, narcissistic, talent-free, self obsessed, avaricious, yob association'.

And Super Arran... keep it in yer pants. there's a good boy ;)

It happens every day to normal people who have to take it like adults draw a line under it and get on with their lives.

You sound as childish as Bridge.

That's quite funny coming from the guy who quite clearly thinks that the Terry and Bridge situation is just like being back in the schoolyard.

Bridge has drawn a line under it and is now getting on with his life.

Do you expect him to just bury the hatchet with Terry like nothing has ever happened?

Are you saying that because someone is paid more, they should be more professional?

They're human beings, just like everyone else, so I don't think it's any different. Except it's splashed all over the 'papers, which would make it worse.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what we say. I have no connection to Wayne Bridge, or any personal stake in it, so I'm not going to tell him what to do. Would someone who retires from teh international game early so he could concentrate on his club game (ie prolong their career to maximise earnings) get the same flak? I doubt it somehow.

That's quite funny coming from the guy who quite clearly thinks that the Terry and Bridge situation is just like being back in the schoolyard.

Bridge has drawn a line under it and is now getting on with his life.

Do you expect him to just bury the hatchet with Terry like nothing has ever happened?

YES

This weekend should be interesting.

Fair play to Wayne Bridge, I think he has taken a decision for the good of his country, which is something John Terry seemingly has been unable to do.

I say that Terry should have either retained the captaincy or been sacked from the England side altogether for this World Cup, Capello's current decision was a neither here nor there move, it should have been more decisive.

If Terry had anything about him he would have walked away in the first place.

I wonder what the situation would have been if it had been Bridge doing the dirty on Terry's missus? I bet it would be very different.

Bottom line is: England do not need John Terry to win the World Cup. About time footballers were really made an example of, maybe an NFL style signed commitment to good behaviour should be brought in for any future England players, with a season long international ban for those who fall short...that would sort them out!

I'd rather Terry not go to the World Cup as opposed to Bridge.

Horrible c*nt.

With the WAGS asked to stay in England for the World Cup, they asked the players who they’d rather go to South Africa. Strangely enough, none of them wanted to leave Terry back in England during the tournament.

Bottom line is: England do not need John Terry to win the World Cup.

A few years ago I would have agreed, but centre back has gone from being our strongest position to one of our weakest.

Terry is the only genuine quality centre back we have now that Ferdinand's career has taken a nosedive, Campbell is too old, Carragher retired and Woodgate/King have been ruined by injury.

Upson and Lescott are decent Premier League players but you wouldn't want them starting in the World Cup.

If your best mates with someone then a rule that should automatically be there is that you never go with the other ones missus/ or ex.

Bridge had a kid with this slapper, Terry has twins with his missus, then whilst Bridge & the French slapper are on the rocks, Teryy sneaks in there and gets her up the duff etc....Its just not right, and I for one hope Bridge snaps John Terry on Saturday when the two teams meet!

It happens every day to normal people who have to take it like adults draw a line under it and get on with their lives.

You sound as childish as Bridge.

I like that- you are telling Bridge how he should feel. :rolleyes:

Surely it is his right to behave as he wishes, what has he done that is so wrong?

"Sadly therefore, I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection."

Can you disagree with the bit in bold?

Ok yes I just did,typical of someone from Ramsbottom.

Why does it matter where I'm from?

To be honest it's a bit creepy that you've took it upon yourself to find out :rock:

Pretty sure there's a law against stalking...im pressuming you'll probably know this already

Anyway you never answered the questions in my previous post

With the WAGS asked to stay in England for the World Cup, they asked the players who they’d rather go to South Africa. Strangely enough, none of them wanted to leave Terry back in England during the tournament.

Not arsed.

Most the England squad are immoral ###### who have done similar to him anyway.

Obviously all depends on what has been written/said is the full story however (imo there would appear to me more to it)...

Bridge does what appears to be the best for all and gets hounded for it - what a sad and sorrowful world we live in.

I agree the one that should be getting the grief in all this is Terry - as anybody should for that matter who cheats in a relationship - especially when married.

He should have made the decision to step down as Captain on morale grounds not left the decision to Capello or the FA for that matter.

Nobody is naive enough to believe all relationships will last - however what JT did is not morally right and should not be accepted as such with a quick brush off the cuff, just because he may be our only decent centreback.

Why does it matter where I'm from?

To be honest it's a bit creepy that you've took it upon yourself to find out :rock:

Pretty sure there's a law against stalking...im pressuming you'll probably know this already

Anyway you never answered the questions in my previous post

Not in the same room but certainly in the same team for the same cause.

Why,because I'm a highly paid professional.

Grow up with your stalking @#/?.

Not in the same room but certainly in the same team for the same cause.

Why,because I'm a highly paid professional.

Grow up with your stalking @#/?.

grow up? Come off it mate. You've took it upon yourself to find out where I live. Why?

It's pretty F'in weird to be honest.

Footballers are highly paid athletes and are only human.

Professionalism is a personal trait. It isn't something you get with a job.

grow up? Come off it mate. You've took it upon yourself to find out where I live. Why?

It's pretty creepy to be honest.

Footballers are highly paid athletes and are only human.

Professionalism is a personal trait. It isn't something you get with a job.

I know where you live because Rossendale is stated below your name,and Ramsbottom is the capital of Rossendale and Rawtenstall is also involved in this village triangle.Now close those bedroom curtains.

Not had time to read the last 3 pages (I will when i`ve time) but if i was Wayne Bridge, the only thing i`d be thinking of doing would be kicking the absolute sh1te out of John Terry. Seriously, i`d want to hurt him. The guy`s a f#####g creep who went behind his 'best friend'`s back & i certainly wouldn`t want to be a team mate of his. As for the Chelsea/City game coming up, i`d be sharpening my studs for that one! :angry2:

I only hope City players take turns in doing Terry.

(btw....can you tell i couldn`t give a flying #### about international football? :lol:)

His ex girlfreind jumps into the sack with John Terry 9 months after they broke up.

Yes Terry is married but Bridges ex is a single girl.

premiership footballer,how old is he 16 ?

I believe Wayne Bridges has behaved as the lone adult in this mess. Giving up England to avoid the spotlight and the controversy shows some character, namely that his son comes first.

First, it is far from clear that the relationship was over at the time Terry and Bridges' ex had their affair.

Second, Terry was allegedly passing himself off as a friendly and concerned intermediary to Bridges who apparently was trying to work things out with his ex, while at the same time Terry was sleeping with Bridges' ex.

Third, Terry was apparently swearing to the world, including his wife, his manager, his team mates and his alleged friend (Bridges) that there was no affair. During this same period he was getting injunctions to keep the evidence and the newspapers stories quite.

At a minimum, assuming the bulk of the above is true, Terry has more than demonstrated to Bridges (and anyone else with half a brain) that he is an untrustworthy snake and that his years of supposed friendship was nothing but a lie. From what I can glean, Terry has irrevocably broken trust and I, for one, don't blame Bridges for a second for leaving the England squad and not wanting to shake Terry's hands at matches. in my opinion, Terry's lucky he hasn't been belted a few times, which he richly deserves.

I dont care because Bridge isnt any good. Warnock and Baines are superior left backs and should be ahead of him regardless of this incident. The fact that Bridge has burnt his bridges (see what i did there?) means that these guys can have a decent shot of a WC place.

Agreed. tf he's not going. I've said many times that imo Warnock is miles in front of him. Bridge has been massively overrated and judging by this he is a big girls blouse too.

I'd rather Terry not go to the World Cup as opposed to Bridge.

Horrible c*nt.

Terry is a much better defender and thats all that mmatters in SA.

Archived