BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Bridge Quits England.

When did they split up then?

I recall reading in the Mirror that Bridges believes that the affair started in July and the break up occurred in December. The ex disputed these dates but provided nothing specific. Assuming my memory and Bridges is more or less right, Terry was having an affair with his "best friend's" girl.

Edit: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wayne-Bridge-John-Terry-makes-me-sick-to-my-stomach-he-was-my-best-friend-but-he-betrayed-me-article336199.html

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall reading in the Mirror that Bridges believes that the affair started in July and the break up occurred in December. The ex disputed these dates but provided nothing specific. Assuming my memory and Bridges is more or less right, Terry was having an affair with his "best friend's" girl.

All the more reason to go studs first into Terry's chocolate oranges at the weekend :tu:

Why are some people so quick to jump on Bridge? It's his prerogative whether he wants to represent his country, and yet people are all 'Baaah he's sh1te anyway!' 'Baaah what a nancy!' I don't blame him for wanting to avoid the media circus that would no doubt dominate England's WC campaign. To vilify him for that decision is pretty low, if you ask me. Terry's the irresponsible jerk who couldn't keep it in his trousers, not Bridge.

Agreed. tf he's not going. I've said many times that imo Warnock is miles in front of him. Bridge has been massively overrated and judging by this he is a big girls blouse too.

Terry is a much better defender and thats all that mmatters in SA.

John Terry is a better centre back.

Wayne Bridge is a better left back.

In one of those positions England have probably the Worlds best, but he is out injured. Bridge's importance to England isn't far off being equal to Terry at the moment, particularly with the latter no longer being captain. With Ferdinand now captain, he will be the first centre-back on the teamsheet, leaving Terry to compete with the rest. Bridge would have been first choice left back.

While Warnock and Baines are of similar ability to Bridge, it is the latter who has experience with England on the biggest stage. Warnock and Baines have barely ever featured for the national side, whereas Bridge has been a mainstay for a number of years.

If Cole is fit for the World Cup, then it doesn't really matter because the second choice LB will most likely not even feature. However, if he fails to recover in time, then Bridge's absence would be a huge loss.

Saying that, if Bridge and Cole were both absent, then I reckon Capello would just play Lescott there anyway.

Real nice some of the comments on here. A guy who is in no way the bad guy is vilified for making a personal decision. Says plenty about the people doing it. As does the reaction from the "Terry camp". No wonder the country's a mess. People just don't understand right and wrong anymore.

John Terry is a better centre back.

Wayne Bridge is a better left back.

In one of those positions England have probably the Worlds best, but he is out injured. Bridge's importance to England isn't far off being equal to Terry at the moment, particularly with the latter no longer being captain. With Ferdinand now captain, he will be the first centre-back on the teamsheet, leaving Terry to compete with the rest. Bridge would have been first choice left back.

In the absence of Cole Warnock is a much better option at left back althogh I have to admit I've seen very little of Baines. Bridge is over rated simply cos Chelsea signed him and he's sat on the bench as back up to Ashley Cole.

if bridge got a set of balls, he wouldnct be acting like such a pussy.

had i been in his shoes and someone ###### my wife, it wouldndt be a matter of a WC, but a matter life and death.

terrry is a ####, but wayne ia certaily a bitch

if bridge got a set of balls, he wouldnct be acting like such a pussy.

had i been in his shoes and someone ###### my wife, it wouldndt be a matter of a WC, but a matter life and death.

terrry is a ####, but wayne ia certaily a bitch

I really don't get this attitude. Terry slept with his girl. In response, Bridges cut off ties with the both and, for the most part, acts like a reasonable adult. And you thick he's acting like a 'bitch' why exactly?

Real nice some of the comments on here. A guy who is in no way the bad guy is vilified for making a personal decision. Says plenty about the people doing it. As does the reaction from the "Terry camp". No wonder the country's a mess. People just don't understand right and wrong anymore.

About the most sensible post i've seen on the whole matter. It also makes me wonder how many of the idiots on here sniping about Bridge have got children of their own. This woman had his child and still saw fit to sleep with his mate!! England football team or not, Bridge has to decide whats best for him and his child. Not what the 'bulldog breed' England fan thinks of him. Maybe stepping out of the public eye will end this a whole lot quicker and enable him to get back to normality.

About the most sensible post i've seen on the whole matter. It also makes me wonder how many of the idiots on here sniping about Bridge have got children of their own. This woman had his child and still saw fit to sleep with his mate!! England football team or not, Bridge has to decide whats best for him and his child. Not what the 'bulldog breed' England fan thinks of him. Maybe stepping out of the public eye will end this a whole lot quicker and enable him to get back to normality.

You get to the heart of the matter here - whether Bridge is the best reserve left-back is immaterial as is whether he is a softie by standards expressd by some on this MB for not wanting to be in the same locale as the man who on some level betrayed a mutual trust as well as his own wife. He has made a personal decision in difficult circumstances that also recognises he could be divisive in a team that will need to be utterly focused as one to be successful. He has communicated this decision in good time to his manager to allow him to plan without him and he has given himself time to reach the decision that is best for him and, he believes, his country. We might not agree with him but I feel we should respect the way he has gone about reaching his decision.

He has not sold his story to a tabloid, to my knowledge, and has not gone round whipping up support from peers.

Putting aside his qualities as a player, he has conducted himself very well, with dignity and behaved intelligently and in a mature fashion. Looking around the playing squads of the Premierhip and thinking back to the thread on role models, if there were more like Bridge (and Ryan Giggs & Jason Roberts the latter particularly getting a MBE for his efforts to help those less fortunate than himself) then the game would be in a far better state than the amoral tawdry mess that it can sometimes appear and the idea of footballers as role models might be more attractive.

What a baby, it's life, get on with it. Seems to me Bridge is playing the hard done by victim here. He is turning down representing his country in the World's biggest single sport sorting event cos a bit of fluff had it off with his one time mate. Bloody hell my ex Fiance married my best friend. It happens. Get over it and go represent your country. Who's to say this woman did not target Terry as a means to get to Bridge. A big man would show.

To add, no way am I condoning Terry's or his ex's for that matter, actions but come on, enough already. Crappy things happen to people all the time. It's how you get up and dust yourself off and get on with it that is a yardstick for character.

The Chelsea fans are now booing him because he didn't shake Trry's hand. This is all getting very silly.

Personally I would go to the world cup. He has a chance to actually play in the world cup, and not watch it from the bench. What my ex does is none of my business. I don't care if she gets married or whatever, and if she played around with my friend then good for her.

Warnock is a better player anyway.

What a baby, it's life, get on with it. Seems to me Bridge is playing the hard done by victim here. He is turning down representing his country in the World's biggest single sport sorting event cos a bit of fluff had it off with his one time mate. Bloody hell my ex Fiance married my best friend. It happens. Get over it and go represent your country. Who's to say this woman did not target Terry as a means to get to Bridge. A big man would show.

To add, no way am I condoning Terry's or his ex's for that matter, actions but come on, enough already. Crappy things happen to people all the time. It's how you get up and dust yourself off and get on with it that is a yardstick for character.

He says he believes his presence would be potentially divisive and that his position would be untenable - how is that playing the victim?

As we speak, he is playing for his club today - is that not getting on with his chosen profession?

Crazy things do happen all the time, as you say, and different people take different amounts of time to learn to deal with it - this is not a measure of character more of coping. If we were measuring character I would argue Bridge comes out of this head and shoulders above some others

I'm not expressing sympathy for Bridge but do think he deserves respect for the way he has behaved through the whole affair. Whether he has made the right decision for England and the rest of us is another matter completely and I feel we should keep the two separate when debating them

I want City to spank Chelsea purely because of their fans booing Bridge. Unfortunately, City are playing the most negative football imaginable and I ca't see them scoring in a million years.

I like Johnson, but I'm not sure he's ready to be starting in such a huge game as this so soon after making the move.

For those calling Bridge a baby, they should have a think about how they might react if their best friend got their recent ex-wife pregnant. Then imagine people who don't know you calling you a baby for not choosing not to work alongside them.

Agreed. As for it being potentially divisive, well they just have to handle it like adults and address the issue and they should be able to solve it. There are England games between then and now, so they should be able to get a sense of what the atmosphere was.

I don`t think it`s a case of Terry knobbing Bridges` ex. I think it`s a matter of trust.

It`s been reported that Bridge & Peroncell (sp?) were going through a rocky patch, like a lot of couples do.

Terry....Bridges` best pal, Chelsea team-mate & team captain plus England team-mate & captain had been a confidant, a 'shoulder to cry on'. Terry had been offering advice on this very personel matter. Who knows what advice was given (or taken)?? :huh:......but Bridge obviously thinks Terry might have had an ulterior motive for some of the advice.

It is rumoured Bridge thinks Terry had been having this affair much earlier than the newspapers are reporting. How would you feel if you were telling your best friend "I think my girl`s having an affair" & your friend was telling you it was all in the mind, & it ended up your best friend being the culprit? :huh:

Wayne Bridge must be feeling he`s been taken 'as a mug' by his best friend, team captain & national captain. Would you want to play with such a person? :huh:

Many years ago, a girl i was going out with had a fling with a good friend of mine. We split because of it & they got together. A few months later, my sister got married & the guy who was now with my ex was best man at the wedding. My ex girlfriend & ex good friend were both invited. I was quite upset about this, but couldn`t do anything about it. Things were still a bit 'raw' because of what had happened, so i opted to miss my sisters wedding. I didn`t go because i would`ve ended up battering the living #### out of him & spoiling everybodys day.

I`d bide my time....

They eventually got married themselves & had kids. It took me a while to mellow, but i soon got over it. Since then, i`ve seen her out & about several times. We`ve spoken but just a polite "hello"....nothing more. On the several occasions that i`ve seen her, she`s been with a different guy. She always looks a bit embarrassed when she realises i know what she`s up to....but i just smile & turn a cheek. Apparently her husband (my ex friend) is a bit of a dope-head with no 'go' in him. He sits at home baby-sitting the kids whilst she goes out having her affairs with other blokes. I just laugh to myself & breathe a BIG sigh of relief it`s not me having the p1ss taken out of, by her.

I`ve bumped into him just the once over the years. It`s a great feeling indeed, knowing i know something he doesn`t about his relationship. I just smile & say "alright" with a smug look on my face ;)

I see it as a little bit of sweet revenge & it`s much much better than me knocking the #### out of him all those years ago.

Hopefully in time, Wayne Bridge will get his own little bit of revenge on his ex best pal John Terry :tu:

I want City to spank Chelsea purely because of their fans booing Bridge. Unfortunately, City are playing the most negative football imaginable and I ca't see them scoring in a million years.

So you didn't see them scoring twice in two million years then?

Spot on USA.

Watching the game City 2-1 up. Great chant from the City fans 10 minutes ago."Same old Terry,always cheating"

Archived