BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa Ultimate Team

Iv set up this seperate thread to save the original Fifa thread being over-run with info from this part of the game.

Anyone else started a game yet? Its now available for £3.99 on psn or 400 points on xbox.

Iv played 5 games, won 4, lost 1.

So far iv started to build a half decent team, which now consists of Samba, Kalinic & Liganzi - aswell as Abidal, Saldado, Cahill & Carson.

The game itself seems to be set out better and the auction has less bugs or problems than last year.

Team name - Bully Boyz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half price.

Contract cards seem to last slightly longer, chemistry has been re-worked too - i.e. if you have 2 ST's its important you play them on their preferred side.

The trade area is much improved and now allows you to do 1 hour auctions.

You can hold more than 2 kits etc now so you can swap them around if you get bored....without having to buy new ones etc.

You can also re-train players i.e LB to LWB or CM to ACM etc....which is handy if you need them to fit your preferred formation.

So far my 2 kits are Rovers (H) & Everton (A), with Rangers (h) & Villa (a) kept for now incase I fancy a swap....

Dont think the game looks at past links though....just nationalties and current club.

Im thinking of playing either 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 with Liganzi or NZonzi providing my defensive midfield.

Who are the top Croats - Modric, Kranjcar, who else? Could do with another striker...ideally a tall one.

Dont think the game looks at past links though....just nationalties and current club.

Im thinking of playing either 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 with Liganzi or NZonzi providing my defensive midfield.

Who are the top Croats - Modric, Kranjcar, who else? Could do with another striker...ideally a tall one.

Mario Mandzukic is 6ft1 and 23 (if age counts).

There's also Mate Bilic and Mladen Petric who are 29 and both 6ft or so.

Anyone got any money making tips especially now there is no collection? I find it difficult to get started on UT. Dont have enough money to buy players or packs hence dont get to sell any, and dont make enough from playing games to cover contracts etc. Saying that though I think keeping on top of contracts should be pretty easy given the length of the new contracts

1 MASSIVE change - training cards only last for 1 game....therefore you cannot train players up to all 99's like last time.....its allowing for far more even games.....Im now going with an all Brazilian squad since I found that out.

Guest Kamy100

I downloaded this over the weekend and it is definitely an improvement on last year.

I got given to gold packs because of having Ultimate Team last year, one the packs contained Placios which is excellent. I have slowly started to build my team, at the moment I am playing the offline cups, winning games and generating coins, the much better search players feature is allowing me to buy some excellent players at very reasonable prices. I am playing a 4-4-2 formation and trying to sign players that fit that, because of the way I play FIFA I have been concentrating on big strong defenders and pacy attacking players.

Well done to EA, this mode has got me back playing FIFA for now!

I bought two packs with the spare left over from purchasing UT (have to add £5 to the playstation account so had a couple of quid spare). Contained mostly rubbish. My best two players are Higuain and Guiza. Finding it hard to generate any decent money as the buying and selling method I had last year seems useless. Most items apart from rare ones sell for hardly anything.

I dont know Ben, I did abit of searching for bargains yesterday....managed to find Foster, Park, Gibbs & Upson for less than 900, all sold for 1500+.

Then late last night I came accross a 4-4-2 card with a buy now of 2500 - which I snapped up....does anyone know what the 4-4-2 cards are fetching this year?! I put it on witha buy now of 38,500 but I wasnt sure if it would get that!? :wacko:

I dont know Ben, I did abit of searching for bargains yesterday....managed to find Foster, Park, Gibbs & Upson for less than 900, all sold for 1500+.

Then late last night I came accross a 4-4-2 card with a buy now of 2500 - which I snapped up....does anyone know what the 4-4-2 cards are fetching this year?! I put it on witha buy now of 38,500 but I wasnt sure if it would get that!? :wacko:

I dont think they are worth nearly as much this year, ive seen a lot with BIN of 10,000 that havnt sold. You can get your chem up to 100 without having the correct formation for a lot of players

A 442 player card with no buy it now went for under 6000 coins yesterday. Formations do seem much cheaper, but that may be because its new and people dont have the money just yet. Saying that rare players like ronaldo still fetch megabucks

Loving this. I've been playing the online tournaments - I haven't even thought about buying decent players yet I'm enjoying the challenge of the amateur cups where your team rating is restricted to one star or two stars etc. I've just won the "one star" cup, I've got a team of little known english players with 4-3-2-1 formation with an average rating of about 49-55 each and then stuck Craig Bellamy up front on his own - goals galore.

I'm winning enough coins to pick up a few bargains so in the background I'm building up a rovers team - I managed to Nelsen, Chimbonda, Dunn, Reid, Emerton & Kalinic all for round about 400-500 coins each. The advanced search facility is a godsend. Simply search for the player/position you fancy and set a buy it now limit of whatever your willing to pay and hey presto - there are some real bargains. I like the new bidding method where if someone tries to snipe you it resets the times to about 15 secs to give you a chance to counter - much fairer on the seller. Add to that even your bronze players you no longer want will sell due to people needing them for their one star squads.

For me, however, the BIG BIG plus for me is the quitters are now punished - anyone who quits now gets their coin rewards pegged back by a percentage in future games based on their quit ratio. Wonderful, absoloutely wonderful :)

Ready to move onto the two star tourneys now.

Tip - I find buying bronze packs good for contracts, or buy it now on auction house, don't get into bidding wars!!!

Currently playing 4-5-1 - All Brazilian 1st team - includes well knowns such as Jo, Belletti & Grafite

Iv also got several decent squad players - Kuyt (82), Miccoli (85), Abidal (84), Samba (76), Kalinic (76), Saldado (79). Got about 8000 coins too.

Not really decided on what team I want yet - for now im going to try and keep improving my Brazilian team - although the better players who I want are all mega expensive.

Think I might start building a 2nd squad too, which just contains bags of pace!

Archived