BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa Ultimate Team

That's another thing they've done well with - you can create as many squads as you want so if you fancy a change of formation you don't need to start from scratch - just build another one.

Must admit I'm liking the christmas tree formation, although I sometimes get turned over by people with like 33% chemistry - not very often though. I still think I'm missing a trick - even with low chem, they still manage to get players bombing forward and they seem to have loads of space.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Brazil team is starting to look decent - includes Pato (87), Motta (81) and an 87 rated defender (forget his name, from Inter I think - might be Cesar!?)

How is everyone else doing? Im going to build a 3rd squad now - what would people recommend? I want bags of pace...recommendations please - ideally not too expensive players as im only up to 17k coins!

I've got my Rovers squad coming along nicely, almost complete and got some bargains along the way, just need a decent left back. Team is (with cost I paid):

4-3-2-1

GK Robbo (800)

RB Chimbonda (400)

CB Samba (750)

CB Nelsen (500)

LB Warnock (2100)

CM Dunn (400)

CM Emerton (500)

CM Pedersen (700)

LF Olic (1100)

ST Kalinic (400)

RF Diouf (300)

Most of them are 4-3-2-1 trained and playing in their correct position - team chemistry is 96, practically plays itself!! I can also drop them to a four star team by dropping Robbo for Brown, Nelsen for Givet (Who is Silver???) and putting Olsson at LB and Liganzi who I got for next to nowt - useful for tournaments. Haven't seen Andrews kicking about yet - a Bronze player perhaps?

Kalinic gets knackered quite easily for some reason (probably cos he's the lone striker chasing everything) so I just drop Bellamy in to mix it up a bit now and again - add pace and chemistry stays above 85.

Think Andrews was a silver - he is on it thats for sure...shame Hoilett isnt!

Oh and since when did Olic play for us?! :P

playr

I saw Hoilett on it yesterday he's a silver and has a bit of pace - quite rare though.

Olic - I can dream... I bought Olic as I can't see any LF players for Rovers and he's a Croat so he pairs up well with Kalinic chemistry wise. I'm overloaded in Midfield so I might retrain Pedersen as an LF. Tell you what though - Rovers make one hell of a 4 star team if you stick the likes of Olsson and Givet at the back.

If I can find Hoilett then il set a rovers team up...I might set one up which contains either current or ex, therefore allowing me Bellamy, Derbs & a few others maybe like Given, Duff & Ferguson

Only problem this year is that you cant train players to be quicker...I like fast players, it allows for my quick game!

Training cards can only be applied to a player for 1 game

Contract cards - simply add them to a player if they are out of contract (dont worry if they are, you dont lose them on this one)

Formation - Each player has a preferred position & formation - try to pick one that fits best with your players

MGM -

Don’t feel you don’t need to try and build the best side possible initially. There are lots of online tournaments you can play that have different requirements (eg. Team is limited to one star, or Silver players only for example) – all are great fun and you can create as many squads as you want on the players you’ve got. Start off by trying to build an all English one star team and winning a couple of tournaments, it’s a useful exercise to get the hang of the auction house without making any expensive mistakes (always check the players have contracts before you bid – I fell into that trap) – try and get their chemistry up to 95

What I would do is decide on a formation you want to play and search the auction house players for that formation. Ideally you want to get them in their preferred position and preferred formation – so if your playing 4-3-2-1 and need an “LF” you can search the auctions on that criteria to see what your options are. I also find it useful to add a “maximum buy it now price” of about 600 which unearths some real bargains. (note you can buy training cards also to convert players to a new position or formation). If you make sure your players prefer that formation and they are playing in the right position it should give you a decent chemistry anyway, but if you want it to be up in the nineties you will need to be looking at getting them the same nationality or club, again, searchable in the auction house.

You may have noticed you can create as many squads as you want so you’re not limited to one starting line up, for instance I’ve got the “dingle bashers” as a 4/5 star team and also “Hadjuk Spliff” as a one star team.

Found Hoilett and bought him.

Got 4 squads going now

All Brazilian - Includes Lucio, Pato, Baptista

All French - Average players so far

All Rovers related - Hoilett, Kalinic, Samba, Dunn, Nelsen, Robbo, Liganzi, Duff, Pongolle

All Silver - Still building it....

My main squad is turning out to be pretty good:

--Frey--

Chimbonda-Mexes-Carvalho-Ciccokho

Jenas-Aqualiani-Ballack-Malouda

---Raul---

---Gignac---

My chemisty is only in the low 60s, but I'm wanting a couple more players and that should be a class team.

Also working on my silver team, trying to get into the featured silver tournament that needs four players from one nation. Just picked up Basturk (74) and Grella, so I'm on my way to a pretty good team there as well.

Forgive me father, for i have sinned :blush: .

The temptation of great players for cheap prices was too much, i got outta control and sadly it all went wrong. My team was then deleated due to me screwing up so badly (don't worry, i wasnt that far into it).

Out of all this FC Rovers rose out of the ashes ready to take on the world with much more cunning and better coin management :lol: .

Think im going to run with the English bronze level team, and build a few points and then maybe build Forza Rovers and Italian 11 of silver rated players with Carlo Ancelotti as boss ( :rock: ).

One question though, with my first team what went 'tits up' all my players ran out of contract at pretty much the same time and when i went to apply new contracts it kept saying they wernt eligable, any reason why? I was trying to use bronze contracts on bronze players, it was all very odd. :huh:

And funniest message ever yesterday. Played a side with 99 chemistry and hide a side full of good English players such as Milner, D Bent, Parker etc and beat him 3-1, i then get a message in my inbox calling me a f'ing cheat and that my team is never 1 and a half stars. -_-

One question though, with my first team what went 'tits up' all my players ran out of contract at pretty much the same time and when i went to apply new contracts it kept saying they wernt eligable, any reason why? I was trying to use bronze contracts on bronze players, it was all very odd. :huh:

And funniest message ever yesterday. Played a side with 99 chemistry and hide a side full of good English players such as Milner, D Bent, Parker etc and beat him 3-1, i then get a message in my inbox calling me a f'ing cheat and that my team is never 1 and a half stars. -_-

Not sure what's happened with teh contracts there mate, from what I know you can put any contract card on any player whether it's bronze, silver or gold - at least I thought that was the case anyway.

Unfortunately for your oppononent, even with 99% chemistry your still not guaranteed a win if your a bad player (and in this case, a bad loser) - if someone says something like that to me I ususally go on a wind-up mission, they soon regret opening their traps. Edit: I suspect fitness and morale played a part as well - no good having high chemistry if they are not fit - that's why you need a squad (as Andy Gray keeps pointing out to me...)

Have you also bought a manager and coach for your teams? Worth doing - although I haven't seen allardyce pop up on the auction house yet - I also managed to snag Hoilett yesterday although I paid a little over the odds. Had two cracks at the silver tournament last night online - got to the final both times and got beat on penalties - both times :(

I won my 1st touranment last night - 4 star online one - World Class level I think....Beat Benfica in the final 7-0!

I paid about 1300 for Hoilett I think.

As for Andy Gray - he always says that about your squad - I have 54 players and he still says it! :lol:

Could it be because their contracts ran out altogether? Thought when that happened with one of my gold players it made no difference :blink: .

Anyway gonna get my bronze team underway tonight, gonna go and pick the right players up and not rush it.

BTW is the highest a bronze card can be 64?

Sorry for all the questions :blush: .

It doesnt matter if they run out this time compared to last time, when you just lost the player - this time you dont lose the player - you just need to apply a contract card.

This time you simply just swap those that have run out for others....basically you need to have a team & subs available for selection (so in contract).

Best thing to do with a new team is see how many you have got of a certain type (i.e. same club, country etc) and then concentrate on getting them to improve your chemistry 1st - whilst you get some results/ coins.

Once you have some money in the bank - you can then consider buying some players.

I was up to 22k until I spent most of it last night.....

I got Aquilani in a pack - sold him for 6k, found a few United players for 700-1200 and sold them for 2k. Got Kuyt in a pack and sold for 3.5k. Also sold Miccoli for 3.7k.

Also had a 4-4-2 card which I sold for 5.5k. When id finished last night I think I had 7k + a 4k bid on a player...so maybe 11k still in the bank.

I found Marcelo (sp?) - Real Madrid winger last night for 4k - that seemed good value and I might try and sell him for a good profit.

Iv got Pato & Lucio to sell if I ever get stuck for coins so I should be fine now! + iv got a squad of over 50 so if need be id sell some of the poorer players.

If you want to make money you've got to be willing to invest a little bit of time playing the markets like Hughesy has done. Between games, look on the Auction House for any gold players who's time is running out - if you are outside the core gaming hours (maybe 6pm-12am) you will be able to snag some real bargains and sell them on for a hefty profit (it's almost a game within a game!). You won't make 22k just winning games, or should I say you can but it will take a while. If you are really desperate, and I mean really desperate, buy a couple of premium gold packs for real money to get you started - if you snag a Rooney or something, stick about 50 games of contract on him and sell him for a ton (and much like ebay, make sure your auction expires during premium gaming hours (around 9pm ideally). Don't be disappointed if you end up with average players in the packs though - that's then risk.

If you want a good idea for the going rate for players, do a search on Man Utd players or something and see what they are selling for, although with the new bidding system (i.e. timer is reset to 20 seconds when someone puts a last ditch bid in) a 150 start price usually ensures healthy bidding and a good final price.

Yeah I find that if you have players who end between 7.30-9pm then you get the most for your cash.

Later on you find more bargains - or if your on a shift or something - have a look in the early hours and see whats on offer.

There are always new people to the game, so their is always bound to be selling someone way too cheap....Iv found loads, some that iv just added to my watch list, and then by the time iv checked my list - someone else has snapped them up.

I made half a mil coins on the last ultimate team (ended up selling them on ebay for 20 quid to some idiot a couple of months before fifa 10 came out!). However most of this came from buying and selling formation cards. These seem much cheaper this version, so I cant see me making anywhere near that amount.

To be honest I only go on it a couple of times a week so don't really spend enough time on it. Abit tired of playing dick heads on fifa who go out of their way to be annoying.

Archived