BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa Ultimate Team

Any two of Bruno Alves, Billy Gallas and Phil Mexes are fantastic for me at centre back.

Just working on my best team, got torn apart a couple of days ago online so I'm trying to improve it all.

---Frey---

G.Johnson-Bruno Alves-Gallas-Matheu

Milner-Aquallani-Ballack-Vicente

---Gignac---Sergio Aguero---

With a bench of:

Robinson

Mexes

Stankovic

Queresma

Agbonlahore

Malouda

Klose

And a couple more in the reserves like Owen Hargreves, Walter Samuel and Ciccokho. Slowly getting there.

And don't waste money on Cassano. Got him recently and he's far too lightweight.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the prize money for winning the offline trophy? Does changing the difficulty affect it? If not I might put it on amateur and get some free cash

Aye it's 2.5k, the multipliers are 1.0 as well so you get a decent amount for playing just a game as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't changing the difficulty has any effect in UT - I think it's governed by the star difficulty (1-5) and the St. Pats is a 3, which puts it pretty much in the "Professional" camp which makes it quite easy. I played some of the later tournaments which were 4 and 5 star rated and they are notably harder. If you look at some of the tournaments the star rating has nothing to do with the criteria for your team, it must be the skill level it's set at?

Im finding my defenders to be pretty rubbish, especially in the air. They loose pretty much ever header which is so annoying when you shut out the opponent in open play but keep conceeding free goals on corners.

Couple of pointers for heading (well they've improved my game anyway don't know if they will work for you).

- All about the timing I think - from a goal kick you should time your jump when the ball is about three times the height of your player (roughly). Press the button ONCE. I don't know why but I had a nasty habit of double tapping when both defending and attacking - I now win a lot more headers.

- Jostle your opponent as it comes down (use the left stick), like in real football try and get in front of him, but not so much you get yourself too far forward of course)

- If you are losing headers a lot in a game - don't use the pass button to head and don't worry about the direction. Use the hoof button (shoot), you win far more and although you can't put it exactly where you want you at least have a better fighting chance of sending it back from whence it came.

- Finally, and this may sound a little sad - practice against the computer - stick it on an exhibition and world class leveland pit yourself against Barca (Ibrahimovic). When you get the ball, keep hoofing it out for a goal kick so you can practice lots - sooner or later you'll get the hang of the timing.

Im good in the air - score plenty of goals from headers at corners. Also when an opponent has a corner I always put my 1st man (closest to corner taker) as far up the line to the half way line as possible to allow for a break....it always seems to put them off too!

Il get Mexes later and try him with Lucio I think.

Got about 10k of coins but got Barry, Given, Malouda & Del Piero to sell later!

McKenny how have you got all those really expensive players? Frey, Aguerro, Johnson, Agbonlawhore etc?! Spending money on cards?!

Im good in the air - score plenty of goals from headers at corners. Also when an opponent has a corner I always put my 1st man (closest to corner taker) as far up the line to the half way line as possible to allow for a break....it always seems to put them off too!

Il get Mexes later and try him with Lucio I think.

Got about 10k of coins but got Barry, Given, Malouda & Del Piero to sell later!

McKenny how have you got all those really expensive players? Frey, Aguerro, Johnson, Agbonlawhore etc?! Spending money on cards?!

I got a couple of bargins. Well, more than a couple of bargins! Frey and Ballack were in the "starter gold" packs, while Johnson, Aguerro and Agbonlahore have been picked up on the cheap. I managed to get Johnson for 8k, which is pretty good.

Like you've been saying, it's all about selling your players at the right time of day. I'm lucky enough to be able to pop home at lunch (only 2 miles between work and home) a couple of days a week, so I'll put them on six hour sales at lunch.

I also find that picking anyone up for 150/200 and you can turn a profit, albeit only 50-150. But it all counts!

I must admit, the new Malouda (84) is someone I'm looking out for!

Did abit of bargain hunting last night - got Nani for 3k, Micah Richards for 6k, Darren Bent for 1k....

I might just sell Nani - not sure, what will he normally fetch on PS3?

Also won the offline Paddy Cup last night - that is on a very easy level - Won my games 6-0, 5-0 and two 4-0's

Did abit of bargain hunting last night - got Nani for 3k, Micah Richards for 6k, Darren Bent for 1k....

I might just sell Nani - not sure, what will he normally fetch on PS3?

Also won the offline Paddy Cup last night - that is on a very easy level - Won my games 6-0, 5-0 and two 4-0's

I got into a bidding war with Nani the other day (well not with Nani of course ;) ) - he went for 4.3k (more than what I was willing to pay for) - that was on the xbox though.

The Paddy cup offline is free money I was surprised how easy it was - I stuck 7 past inter milan in the final. Attempted to win the online tourney quite a bit yesterday - got in the Semi Final twice but still haven't won it yet. There was one player who went 1-0 after 15 minutes then just passed the ball about along his back four for the rest of the game - I was fuming - didn't give him the satisfaction of quitting though. Prize winning arse hole.

Still, it's worth persevering with it as it's good coinage just for playing the game, even a loss will still bag you about 400 coins, a win and your upwards of 700 a game.

The Paddy cup offline is free money I was surprised how easy it was - I stuck 7 past inter milan in the final. Attempted to win the online tourney quite a bit yesterday - got in the Semi Final twice but still haven't won it yet. There was one player who went 1-0 after 15 minutes then just passed the ball about along his back four for the rest of the game - I was fuming - didn't give him the satisfaction of quitting though. Prize winning arse hole.

Fifa is full morons like that. Never played an online game with so many assholes playing as there are on fifa. Loosing interest in it now due to that fact, prefer COD!

Fifa is full morons like that. Never played an online game with so many assholes playing as there are on fifa. Loosing interest in it now due to that fact, prefer COD!

I know - had a bit of a break from it over the weekend as it can be very frustrating, when the coin stakes are high people will go to any lengths to win, sacrificing the enjoyment of the game. I traded in assassins creed 2, mass effect 2 & Fable 2 over the weekend so I'm going to throw myself into BF Bad Company 2 for a bit I think.

I too was losing abit of interest last week - but since iv improved my team Its got easier for me, and iv started doing well again!

Now set up my 5th team - an all english one (except 3 in the squad).

Still not won the Paddy Cup, but reached the semi's a few times. Agree that there are some real tossers on the game, and I also seem to face alot of people who have poor connections too - which annoys me!

Sold my entire gold star side for about 31k, i got bored :blush: . Made a side up of bronze level english players playing my preffered formation (4-3-2-1 means cheap formation cards :lol: ). Anyway i picked up the paceyest players i could find and i tear teams to shreds, 100% chemistry aswell. My LF has 80 pace ST has 76 and RF has 78, so when the average defender has about 60 pace, i breeze past them. I love this bronze star team more than the gold one i had.

Anyway i blew the 30k on packs of cards, ended up with a load of crap (1k each i will end up with for those guys) and Ballack and Alonso, so will no doubt make my 30k back and abit more :rock: .

Won the bronze level online cup last night, good fun winning on average 5-1 each game :lol: .

Might continue the trend with a silver and gold star side that follow the same basis of blistering pace! :lol:

Might continue the trend with a silver and gold star side that follow the same basis of blistering pace! :lol:

Thats the route iv been taking.

My strikers for France are Cisse (88 pace), NGog (85) and Gomis (89)

In my new England Side - iv got SWP (90), Delfounso (86), Bent (87), Driver (90) - now just need to add one or two more to my defence....oh and iv got Bellamy in this squad too (Not English I know) but again he's got about 87 pace.

Ive just started to work on my Rovers team now, just picked up Roberts for 900 coins, which I think is fairly cheap as I haven't seen many of him about. Does anyone know any players that you can find fairly cheap and sell for a profit, I've been trying to find some but I am struggling.

Played a guy last night and got hammered (he did have a miles better team with all the fastest players in the world and 100 chem)

However everytime he got the ball he had about 7 players running at full speed to get beyond the ball. Tried marking them but there were so many running forward and at such speed i had no chance especially with my average defenders. Alot of the time my back 4 were outnumbered by about 6 to 4. When I had the ball aswel he seemed to have every one of my players man marked and closed down in 3s and 4s. When I get the ball even with a custom tactic set to 100 passing crossing and speed and all out attack i get no where near the amount of runs this guy had.

Anyone know how he was doing it. There were too many players running off the ball for him to be controlling them all manually. Or do better players eg Anelka, Rooney etc just move off the ball better than lower rated ones?

Played a guy last night and got hammered (he did have a miles better team with all the fastest players in the world and 100 chem)

However everytime he got the ball he had about 7 players running at full speed to get beyond the ball. Tried marking them but there were so many running forward and at such speed i had no chance especially with my average defenders. Alot of the time my back 4 were outnumbered by about 6 to 4. When I had the ball aswel he seemed to have every one of my players man marked and closed down in 3s and 4s. When I get the ball even with a custom tactic set to 100 passing crossing and speed and all out attack i get no where near the amount of runs this guy had.

Anyone know how he was doing it. There were too many players running off the ball for him to be controlling them all manually. Or do better players eg Anelka, Rooney etc just move off the ball better than lower rated ones?

If I know the answer to that Ben I'd be well chuffed. I think part of it though is not manually closing down the man on the ball but letting the computer do it, i.e. use the press button. The man you are controlling should be marking the man where you think the ball is going to go to next - I'm still getting used to it but it seems to work.

If I know the answer to that Ben I'd be well chuffed. I think part of it though is not manually closing down the man on the ball but letting the computer do it, i.e. use the press button. The man you are controlling should be marking the man where you think the ball is going to go to next - I'm still getting used to it but it seems to work.

It was the fact he had 8 men bursting forward at full speed whenever he got the ball, that made it so hard to play against. Mine never do that

My team have gone pathetic....iv found that the reason for that is that either Moral is way too low or fitness has become an issue.

Going to have to start rotating my team alot more, as if you select another squad it doesnt help the others fitness!

Fed up of playing people with a team full of stars too....played 1 guy last night and he has Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, Frey, Vidic....he then brought Rooney, Young & Ribery on - I gave him some grief and he told me he had just won games to pay for them or he had got them in packs - yeah ok! :rolleyes:

Hes the sort of guy that paid £22 real money for my UT 2009 coins. Geeks who are amazing at fifa but shocking at everyting else in life.

Sacked off my whole squad and going to start again. Played a game last night set my tactic to 100 passing, 100 crossing high pressing and set them to all out attack and it made no difference. No one moved at all even when i made them by tapping the R1 button they just walked. Decided it must be my squad rather than me. Stupidly bought a 7.5k pack with some of the proceeds and once again got nothing. In around 15 premium packs now ive had no valuable players what so ever. Waste of coins.

Will probably try and start an english team now. Also got 3/4 of a portugal squad waiting to finish.

It bugs me though because im good at Fifa, but against some of the 'super' teams I really struggle and it makes me look poor!

Iv got about 70 players still - sold more or less all my Brazil squad....just got an English Squad, Rovers squad, Silver Squad & France squad....

My France squad is still better than the english one I have, even though my players are probably higher ratings for the england one.

I need to find the 2 strongest & fastest defenders on the game....that will resolve the beatings! I have Lucio and he isnt bad, but i need 2 more.

I need to find the 2 strongest & fastest defenders on the game....that will resolve the beatings! I have Lucio and he isnt bad, but i need 2 more.

Raul Albiol and Pepe have good stats. Two of the more expensiuve CB though.

My teams are rubbish - not sure what the problem is but I just cant win games anymore with my teams...perhaps the moral isnt good.

Does anyone know how much it effects your players if they are not in their preferred formations?!

Guest Kamy100

Playing players that are not in the perferred formation has quite a big impact Hughesy. They will not move off the ball properly or make runs because they are playing in a formation that they are not comfortable in, they will also not track back properly (eg if your striker perfered formation is 442 and your are playing say 4132 he will not get into goal scoring positions or attack the right areas when you put in a cross)

I think this is why you are aren't winning games. I am pretty sure that by buying players that fit your formation will see you start to win more games because they will be doing the off the ball stuff like making runs, getting into the right position etc a lot better.

Archived