BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa Ultimate Team

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That may explain alot of the things ive been moaning about as alot of my players were out of position. Whats the point in saying my team had 100 chem if in reality it didnt?

well and truly screwed my UT up now. Sold off all my squad as got sick of them being crap. Then bought a couple of packs hoping id get some profit ended up with naff all. Now got no players and struggling to sell players in my trade pile for any decent money.

Not really found any bargains either so far. I often put bids on players where the auction ends at about 4 in the morning but there seems to still be alot of people bidding at them crazy hours. At about 1am other day I put a 5k bid on agbonlahor who ended at about 5 am. Checked it next evening and he went for 20k! Who is bidding at that time of night/morning?

Just to answer your question again Hughesy, i can deffo tell the difference when i have a team who all are playing there preferred formation, i think thats why my rovers side are pretty decent. Id go with 4321 formation, always does me proud and is strong attacking and defencive. Cards are dirt cheap too.

Ah ha - il fix that tonight then and see what impact that has.....il just pick a formation which is cheap and buy all the cards for my players

Interesting insights from Kamy there - might try that myself. Hughesy - might I recommmend the 4-3-2-1 formation? It's a good shape with plenty in attack and best of all the formation cards are common and cheap. I have a stock of them for when I buy new players so I don't search need to search by formation any more.

Unbeaten in 23 games now!!

GK - Robinson

LB - Cole

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Terry

RB - Richards

CM - Barry

CM - Carrick

CM - Hargreaves

LW - Downing

ST - Defoe

RW - Milner

Two points still cheese me off.

1 - Ping pong passing

2 - High pressure - all game

Guest Kamy100

Told Ya! Brings whole new dimension to the game.

I am hoping that they can implement something similar in FIFA 11, where players have preferred formations and putting them in unfamiliar formations has a negative impact in terms of their performance and the runs etc. that they make.

Me too, reached the final three times and lost twice on Penos! I think I'm gonna have to give it up as I'm out on the pop tonight!

Edit: And why is Hoillett so bloody expensive on the auctions? - he's always 5 grand - is it because he's a silver with blistering pace or just because he plays for the mighty Rovers?

I got Hoilett for 600 coins.

Managed to get Defoe late last night for 5k, which I thinks a good deal.

Now down to about 100 coins - however I should start earning more, now that my team is doing better!

I'd be curious to know how some people are 'cheating' at this game. :S

I got a message of a guy I'd beat 3-1 last night saying he knew how to duplicate players and was offering me 4 Ibrahimovich's (sp) for any player of mine on trade :S I was wondering how that is possible and said no because he wanted my email address as well. He was probably talking balls but his UT said founded in March '10 and had a team with 100% and all the star players-Rooney/Ibra/Ronaldo etc. How has he got all these players in the first place? Secondly how the hell has he got them to 100% when they are in different leagues (he had Maicon with Ronaldo playing infront of him at RM) and are of different nationalities?

Met a really nice player the other day though, beat him 2-1 in the 90th min, he sent me a nice message regarding how well I'd played against his stars and asked me to put a player up on a trade of my choosing and then sent me Eduardo, Banega, Kewell and Heitinga for some crappy bronze player with no decent stats. Some people are cool genuine players, shame most of them online are c0ck5.

He told me to go to a website and the cheat was on there....I dont cheat so I havent looked. His players were all more or less bronze, except aquilani - his teams chemistry was around 35, yet his team was awesome!

As for duplicating - apparently thier is a cheat to duplicate players & coins and thats why some people have all the top stars. Apparently you need some software on your ps3 hard-drive to allow you to do it......Im gutted FIFA have allowed cheats.

Anyone still playing?

Ive more or less given up. Got sick of my team being crap so deleted them. Started a new team with the bronze starter pack, won afew games but now their contracts are all up and dont have any money to do anything with.

The packs on this game have been abysmal for me. Never had anything decent. Good players in packs must be much much more rare than the last version. The buying and selling pack contents does not work at all this year.

Not much value in players this time - just the big names....and thats because there are so many duplicates being done.

Apparently there is also a cheat which gaurantees you a top player in your rare pack.......if there is one thing I hate in games, its cheats! Im still playing, but sometimes struggling against the all-star teams

Not much value in players this time - just the big names....and thats because there are so many duplicates being done.

Apparently there is also a cheat which gaurantees you a top player in your rare pack.......if there is one thing I hate in games, its cheats! Im still playing, but sometimes struggling against the all-star teams

Same here. Dont see the point in cheating on ultimate team. If they feel the need to why not just put all the best players in the team they support and play unranked online games. Rather than paying for UT.

I find it difficult due to my style of play. I have loads of possession and do nice passing, which results in all my men going forward and the opp having 11 men behind the ball. Then they just ping pong pass to some super quick forward and score. Theres nothing you can do about it with bronze and silver defenders apart from play defensive to start with, which I find boring

I'm hating the cheats on this game, I played UT non-stop last weekend and then once I discovered the sheer amount of cheating going on I have left the game unplayed and It will most likely stay that way. In researching these 'cheats' I have found entire forums dedicated to hacking the code of various games (MW2/Fifa/Battlefield etc) and they seem to always one step ahead of the developers. These people ruin online gaming, mostly teenage geeks who in the words of Steve Smith will never touch 'boob' without paying for it and this is their only way of being viewed as 'successful' but they are really pathetic. I found out that through hooking your laptop up to the PS3, you can create lag for everybody you play on Fifa/MW2 etc for a specific amount of time yet leave yourself unaffected to go about scoring/killing whilst the other is dealing with awful lag.

Some really really sad people online...must make them very proud to know they can only win by cheating. Same sort of people who probably send you messages after a game that read like, "FTW, you n00b you got pwned" what the #### does that even mean?

Sorry to rant guys, I am just rather annoyed that Sony/Microsoft/developers are letting this happen as common practice whilst us normal guys who just want to play the game honestly have to have our enjoyment ruined by cheats/quitters etc.

I'm hating the cheats on this game, I played UT non-stop last weekend and then once I discovered the sheer amount of cheating going on I have left the game unplayed and It will most likely stay that way. In researching these 'cheats' I have found entire forums dedicated to hacking the code of various games (MW2/Fifa/Battlefield etc) and they seem to always one step ahead of the developers. These people ruin online gaming, mostly teenage geeks who in the words of Steve Smith will never touch 'boob' without paying for it and this is their only way of being viewed as 'successful' but they are really pathetic. I found out that through hooking your laptop up to the PS3, you can create lag for everybody you play on Fifa/MW2 etc for a specific amount of time yet leave yourself unaffected to go about scoring/killing whilst the other is dealing with awful lag.

Some really really sad people online...must make them very proud to know they can only win by cheating. Same sort of people who probably send you messages after a game that read like, "FTW, you n00b you got pwned" what the #### does that even mean?

Sorry to rant guys, I am just rather annoyed that Sony/Microsoft/developers are letting this happen as common practice whilst us normal guys who just want to play the game honestly have to have our enjoyment ruined by cheats/quitters etc.

Totally agree and I think many games are ruined by it. Looks like we'll have to invite our friends round and play locally. Just make sure they don't see you pad during penalty shootouts :-)

Told you it was full of cheats - hate them. It just spoils the game for me. Fifa never usually allows cheats but this time they have allowed the little geeks to spoil it....I just cannot see the satisfaction you get from cheating, I really dont!

Its more commonly known as a lag switch and can be made with something as simple a 2 wires and a light switch. Lag switches are rife in most shooters. what happens is it will appear the other guy has stopped moving yet no matter what you do you can kill him, the all of a sudden you get killed.

and "FTW, you n00b you got pwned" means for the win, you are sh!t and got your ass kicked. terms usually used to hackers/cheaters.

a dev will never be able to stop cheaters or hackers because they have to leave a 'back door' on all programmes just in case they forget the admin passwords. sadly it is the the very few people who are able to hack that's are spoiling it for the rest of us by telling people/sharing what they have done

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone still playing this mode of the game? I am really getting into it now, and I think the inform players really add something different to the game! The different tournaments that are offered are also very good, although some people always find a way to play the best players!

Archived