• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest Improvement - Olsson

Best Newcomer - NZonzi

One to Watch next Season - Kalinic

Rising Star - Hoilett

Player of the season (always gets bought) - Keef Andrews

My thoughts exactly! Would have been Dunn by a mile apart from injury. N'Zonzi wasn't expected to play so much this season so he's been fantastic. Ollson has come from nowhere to be our current outstanding player but Robinson wins it for me.

None of the forwards or midfielders stand out at this point. So it has to be one of the defenders or the keeper. Of those, only Nelson, Samba or Robinson have played week in, week out. Of the three, all things considered, I think Robinson gets the nod for consistency. Which means we'll get a bid for 6 million for him over the summer and he'll be gone.

Nzonzi.

He has made tremendous progress and slotted seamlessly into a Premier League side week in, week out. The Vieira comparisons are still mighty premature, but there's no reason why he can't push on and become a top player. This award would also set a precedent for other young players to excel at Ewood Park.

I agree with N'Zonzi...he doesn't exactly have a lot of competition, but the fact that he has played pretty much all of our games, been consistent, plus the unexpected factor gets him my vote. I think next season is going to be a massive one for him.

Other potential candidates such as Dunn or Kalinic have played well but only for a small part of the season.

Player of the year: N'zonzi

Young player: Olsson

Reflects very well upon Sam's ability to give youth a chance and for the future of our side, although the blinkered ones will disagree.

It has to be Nelsen for me, for all the criticism he gets on here at times, he has been absolutely solid at the back as of late, has started scoring goals and has really proven himself to be a more than capable captain of a Premier League team. He really deserves it in my opinion.

N`Zonzi nicks it for me,i saw some stats the other week and it stated he was the 3rd most successful tackler in the premier league this season (can`t remember who the first 2 were :blush: ).

To be that good in his first competitve season in one of the best leagues in the world (and at his age too!)says that we have a real quality player on our hands.If there was any justice he would be nominated for the premier league young player of the year but i can`t see it happening as he doesn`t play for a `big` club! :rolleyes:

N`Zonzi nicks it for me,i saw some stats the other week and it stated he was the 3rd most successful tackler in the premier league this season (can`t remember who the first 2 were :blush: ).

To be that good in his first competitve season in one of the best leagues in the world (and at his age too!)says that we have a real quality player on our hands.If there was any justice he would be nominated for the premier league young player of the year but i can`t see it happening as he doesn`t play for a `big` club! :rolleyes:

Was just thinking the same...I would be surprised if many other players of his age have started so many games this season, but as you say, our players always seem to slip off the radar.

Maybe Mr Nixon could use his powers to make some suggestions in the press? Would be a great accolade for the club if we had a player who won it, although in reality it would probably just accelerate N'Zonzi's exit.

For me it has to be Robinson or Givet

Although the subject of another thread, Robinson has improved to the point he is barely recognisable from the shadow that arrived battered and bruised from so-called big club that hasn't won anything for years. He gets flak on this MB but has shown character and ability in equal measure this season and I do not see a better 'keeper outside the big guns of the four + Villa. He's not faultless (who is?) but has done well consistently for us this season and, if there's any justice, earned a place in South Africa as well - who is English and better on form this season? James?? You're having a laugh!

Similarly, Givet has been consistent: strong in the air and composed on the ball, he is less prone to errors that differentiate him from Nelsen. He has quietly gone about his business and is Hendry-esque in his commitment to the cause.

There, that's that one sorted - next question?

It has to be Nelsen for me, for all the criticism he gets on here at times, he has been absolutely solid at the back as of late, has started scoring goals and has really proven himself to be a more than capable captain of a Premier League team. He really deserves it in my opinion.

Spot on, I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

That's been my mind set regarding your posts for quite sometime

Atleast I have a basis for what I say. You suggesting Pedersen should be player of the season makes Dunny going to the World Cup seem plausible. It's absolutely ludicrous.

Atleast I have a basis for what I say. You suggesting Pedersen should be player of the season makes Dunny going to the World Cup seem plausible. It's absolutely ludicrous.

I suggested him because he's been in fine form for the past 6 or seven matches and has deserved the praise.

I'm not sayin over the whole season he's been amazing, because he hasn't. But on recent form and if he can keep it up, he has a decent shout at gettin the award.

I say what I see.

Where as you generally slate him because you "think he's a c*nt".

• Backroom

I actually think he has as much as a claim to it as anyone else this season, glad he's started nodding in a few goals as well

But i'm sure you'd vote for him if he was out all season due to that Depserate Dan jawline of his :P

I actually think he has as much as a claim to it as anyone else this season, glad he's started nodding in a few goals as well

But i'm sure you'd vote for him if he was out all season due to that Depserate Dan jawline of his :P

Nelsen2-1.jpg

Just look what it means to him

Archived