SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Player Of The Season?

davebrfc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on current form for me it has to be:

1. Kalinic might not have scored many in the league but don't forget scored many goals in the cup if he keeps going should win it for me

2. NZonzi- apart from today has been a great player with not much experience of playing in the top league has fitted in there with no problems

3. Givet- scored some improtant goals this year and hardly puts a foot wrong! and does well attacking and defending.

It cant be Nelson who gets Player of the year. He is a real liability in the team in my opinion. He fouls way too much putting the team under real presure.

My vote will be for Robinson! I think he has really come on in the last year, he had a lot on his mind with his little lad been ill and i think he can really focus on his game and is improving all the time.

It cant be Nelson who gets Player of the year. He is a real liability in the team in my opinion. He fouls way too much putting the team under real presure.

Rubbish, I'd like to see the foul counts, if he persistently fouled players he would've received more than three yellow cards.

He is too clumsy!

Also he must take part resposibility for us being so bad this season as he is captin and im not sure he is up to the job.

Clumsy, are you sure you're not mistaking him for Samba ;)

He fouls way too much putting the team under real presure.

I've looked at the stats. (Outfield players who have played 20 games or more this season)

Player - Games Played - (As Sub) - Fouls - Average Fouls Per Game

• Nzonzi - 24 - (0) - 43 - 1.79
  • Samba - 20 - (0) - 37 - 1.85
  • Andrews - 24 - (8) - 28 - 1.17
  • Diouf - 20 - (1) - 25 - 1.25
  • Nelsen - 24 - (2) - 25 - 1.04
  • Pedersen - 22 - (5) - 25 - 1.14
  • Roberts - 20 - (10) - 24 - 1.20
  • Givet - 25 - (1) - 15 - 0.6
  • Chimbonda - 21 - (0) - 10 - 0.48

Nelsen is averaging just over 1 foul per game, he isn't really a player who fouls "way too much" To be honest I don't really care how many fouls they commit in a game but I just had to defend Lord Admiral ;)

He must have conceded more fouls that have lead to goals than any other player, maybe samba is the exception!

I just dont think he/our central defence is cutting the mustard!

We're struggling this year for stand out candidates and no mistaking. Usually I'm worried because we have one or two players who interest decent money and we really don't want to lose if we are to seriously move forward as a team (forgetting for one second the limitations of a small club like us) - Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Bentley even Friedel and Warnock are some that spring to mind of recent.

This year there's really no-one like that. The players that people are suggesting like Givet and Nzonzi - I really can't see much, if any, interest from other clubs in the summer for them, which speaks volumes. To be honest I wouldn't really be too fussed if they did go either - certainly not gutted like I was with those players from previous seasons I've mentioned. Have either of them actually got a man of the match ever as well - I can't remember any?

For me there's only one candidate, which is Kalinic, and even then he'd have to continue his decent form between now and the end of the season. So far he's the only player (possibly along with Samba and Nelsen) who'd I'd be serious gutted if they left during the summer.

All in all, a year of fairly average players this season unfortunately :(

He must have conceded more fouls that have lead to goals than any other player, maybe samba is the exception!

Do you have any examples?

Also, wouldn't you say that a foul caused by a central defender is going to lead to more goals against than any other position anyway? (Obviously goalkeeper is the obvious exception)

As for player of the season - there really isn't a good candidate. The fact that a very average (currently) N'Zonzi seems to be favourite speaks volumes. I think he'll become a very good player but he's hardly pulling up trees. Has he even won a MOTM at Ewood this year?

We're struggling this year for stand out candidates and no mistaking. Usually I'm worried because we have one or two players who interest decent money and we really don't want to lose if we are to seriously move forward as a team (forgetting for one second the limitations of a small club like us) - Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Bentley even Friedel and Warnock are some that spring to mind of recent.

This year there's really no-one like that. The players that people are suggesting like Givet and Nzonzi - I really can't see much, if any, interest from other clubs in the summer for them, which speaks volumes. To be honest I wouldn't really be too fussed if they did go either - certainly not gutted like I was with those players from previous seasons I've mentioned. Have either of them actually got a man of the match ever as well - I can't remember any?

For me there's only one candidate, which is Kalinic, and even then he'd have to continue his decent form between now and the end of the season. So far he's the only player (possibly along with Samba and Nelsen) who'd I'd be serious gutted if they left during the summer.

Aren't you forgetting someone? Or are you not allowed to vote for yourself? ;)

Aye a whole 2 league goals, what a signing for 6million!

This is quite strange that it is March and we don't (can't agree) on the best player so far this year ;( I think Nelson, Givet, Robbo and Nzonzi are the main four and my order would be:

Givet

Robbo

Nzonzi

Nelson

Samba - Kalinic

It is quite tough tho and if kalinic performs for the next 10 games he could quite easily take it.. I do agree tho Nzonzi steadies away and keeps things simple but this year how many times has he had a massive impact in any of the games?? Has he won MOM at ewood? I am a fan of his and he will come very good I hope but he hasnt hd enough stand out performances for me :( aybe next year

I would still give him young payer of year though just above ollson.

I just dont think he/our central defence is cutting the mustard!

Wow having only read this page I thought you were talking about N'zonzi. I honestly find it hard to believe you can provide any evidence to back up your claims about Nelsen. He's been our most reliable defender all season by far.

Aye a whole 2 league goals, what a signing for 6million!

I know yeah - but the sad fact is he's probably the best we have :( In fairness as well he didn't start for a large majority of the season.

What are the other options though? Givet and Nzonzi have been alright in many games but in others they've had stinkers - and in no games have they ever been amazing for me. It would be a truly bizarre season if one of them was player of the season - it would be the first time I could ever remember when the player of the season never managed a MOTM once.

That's what we have this season though.

Archived