BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 1000 Free Tickets - Vs Big Club

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Preston and just rung up, no problems with it they say they will send them out in the next week :rover:

maybe we should distribute some flyers outside Deepdale at North End's next home game...mind you there will not be many takers with their last home gate only just over 11,000.

maybe we should distribute some flyers outside Deepdale at North End's next home game...mind you there will not be many takers with their last home gate only just over 11,000.

Exactly :lol:

jokes aside, that is EXACTLY what we should be doing (well not Deepdale!)

South Ribble, Chorley etc

Brilliant stuff from the Rovers, make's me warn & fuzzy inside being a Rover's fan sometimes.

Just rang the number and got myself three free tickets, I was planning on going anyways, this is the icing on the cake for me as now my wife and daughter can come along to...

:-)

Brilliant stuff from the Rovers, make's me warn & fuzzy inside being a Rover's fan sometimes.

Just rang the number and got myself three free tickets, I was planning on going anyways, this is the icing on the cake for me as now my wife and daughter can come along to...

Thats more like it.

Cant believe the moaning about it on here...its 1000 Free tickets FFS, hardly going to lose us thousands of season tickets or cause a riot :rolleyes: Get a grip, and claim your freebies if you need them.

Im a season ticket holder so wont be taking any, but I think its great of the club! :brfc:

I am always for offers, bums on seats and all that.

But many ST holders will kick off over this one (cheap ST's or not)

Those ST holders that 'kick off' over this should be shot. It's a good scheme to try and get people hooked - we need all the fans we can get.

I've reserved some for my family.

Dad's a United fan used to have a box there through work, Bro is a student not that into footy, Bro in law 1 just moved up from Mansfield so hoping to convert, other bro in law is a rugby fan from Huddersfield so hoping to convert also.

As a one of it's a great idea, big club will prob only bring 200 for a mid week match lol I'd rather the tickets went to the schools though in future.

1000 freeloaders that might spend money on merchandise, programs, bets or food & drink!! :rolleyes:

And that as well!

Make you laugh some of the so called "fans" on here, they will moan at practically anything and everything won't they, I think it's a great idea as a one off for the Season and I can only see a positive coming out of it more than anything negative.

I actually think the club are going a bit too far now.

Rovers have just devalued their own product not a smart move.

I do not mind if Rovers give away 10,000 tickets and generally I applaud the club's initiatives on ticketing. It's clear the ST policy has been very successful in raising the attendances. My word of caution is this. For many years while the kids were growing up we had four STs without questioning the price, generally we could afford it though some years it was a struggle to find the money. Up to a couple of years ago I was happy to pay £350 / 400 or whatever, asked to go to £500 I'd still have paid. Today I KNOW the value of football at Ewood is no more than £200 / £225 a season. Ask me TODAY for £350 / 400 and I will not pay the price. This is an issue Rovers have created, the value of a ticket at Ewood is £0-£12 or so, nothing more. So I repeat the club can give away as many tickets as they wish I don't care but all those who applaud the paln should think about the longer term effect. The current pricing policies will create future problems. Anyone with decent sales experience knows once a product has been devalued raising the perceived value again is very difficult.

Those ST holders that 'kick off' over this should be shot. It's a good scheme to try and get people hooked - we need all the fans we can get.

And that as well!

Make you laugh some of the so called "fans" on here, they will moan at practically anything and everything won't they, I think it's a great idea as a one off for the Season and I can only see a positive coming out of it more than anything negative.

Why is it an ever-increasing section of our support finds it necessary to question the loyalty of those who hold views which don't match their own? I'd like an explanation please because if there is one thing that really irritates it's having my loyalty to Rovers questioned because I don't agree with the club on occassions. I wouldn't dream of questioning your support, why should you have the audacity to question the "so called fans" because they have a different view to yours?

Shabani has it right - give the tickets to people who can't afford it. They'll be letting us all in for free soon anyway.

I am not questioning people's loyalty and perhaps on reflection I should have worded it slightly different and it's not the difference on views that gets on my nerves Paul its the overall general negativity of those that frequent these forums that prompted to me to post what I posted.

Sometimes it just gets to me and makes me angry, as it probably does with many others on here...

:)

Archived