BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 1000 Free Tickets - Vs Big Club

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems surprising therefore that they did not restrict applications to Blackburn and Darwen residents.

Why ?

Think it might be more of an attraction to people outside of Blackburn with Darwen than it is to the people of the towns.

The only locals should have been the underpriviledged kids in the area from struggling backgrounds this area should have been the clubs first target.

I got some and I'm going to bring some neutrals along with me (although they'll be supporting us, obviously). Last time I did this was when we played Leicester in the FA Cup, with Dickov up front on his own and scraping through with a dodgy penalty. That awful game/atmosphere scarred them so much they never went again, started going to watch other teams instead. Let's hope the Birmingham game doesn't do the same then I can get them to Rovers again.

would be not impressed if the club where actually distributing free tickets and 19,000 season ticket holders were still paying every month.....however, we don't know if a payment has not been made to rovers by the council, because after all it is the council that are distributing the free tickets, not rovers.

And with elections coming up any distribution will surely be politically motivated. As for the council getting favoured ... what have they ever done for BRFC except place obstacles in the way?

£2.50 x 1000 = £2,500 compared to 0. And possibly a better atmosphere which may contribute to 3 points, and which could effect our final place, even if only by 1 place and to the tune of £800k - allowing better signings in the summer, and a bigger lure to come back next season, to watch better players!! See it all snowballs :lol::lol:

That stuff you've been smoking....... have you any left?

I have checked and it was a joint initiative with the Council - So I would suspect they have paid something for the tickets...

They`ll be making sure they spend our council tax money before the end of the financial year!! :unsure:

I'm going to hazard a guess that the council are having to spend some of the money they set aside for the free leisure scheme they are running - to justify doing it. No doubt, even free of charge, people won't be taking full advantage of the gym and swim facilities.

I expect to be hearing about how the council pumped £x millions into the leisure scheme when the next council tax rise drops through my letterbox.

At least Rovers fans are benefitting. I just hope that at least some of these people are new fans who come back and PAY for a ticket next time.

So could anyone have gotten a ticket? From any area? Even if you already have a ST?

I live in sheffield and was able to get four tickets so doesnt look like it is affected by geography.

On the upside for me, i cant afford to get to matches normally with paying for ticket and travel so this offer has made the difference for me. However i fully understand how some season ticket holders will be annoyed by this offer.

D.

I live in sheffield and was able to get four tickets so doesnt look like it is affected by geography.

On the upside for me, i cant afford to get to matches normally with paying for ticket and travel so this offer has made the difference for me. However i fully understand how some season ticket holders will be annoyed by this offer.

D.

You are an example of how this offer has worked well. You would not have attended due to the combined cost of tickets and travel so an extra 4 bums on seats that would not have been :tu:

I got two tickets for my brother and his mate who are at Uni in Crewe... for the same reasons as you they would not have been at this game. A fella at work who's not a Rover got 4 for his family who do not go to Ewood at-all (they may enjoy the experience and buy a ticket next time!).

I am a Season Ticket holder and don't mind one bit, although I agree some will have got hold of tickets who would have paid to go along anyway... even if half of the 1,000 freebies go to people who would have stayed away for whatever reason it's still a boost to attendance and can only be a good thing. They will probably spend money on the concourse too which is something I very rarely do.

If the Council have bought these tickets for a special price then Rovers will not have a say whether or not they go to those not registered on the ticketing database.

where are these tickets ?

they all in lower darwen end ?

Good question. Am I to be overrun by the great unwashed ? Even more so than usual? Hope they are in the wings of the JW upper, as the seats up there could do with a wipe.

Great initiative by Rovers.

The only way to find out if a free seat offer works without cannibalising the paying seat market is to try it.

I pick up freebies in supermarkets and it doesn't make me expect that it will be free next time I go. Nor do I begrudge those who go to the counter with bulging baskets of discounted stuff. 'Drog probably lamps them one.

This sort of thing is known as marketing promotion or sales seeding.

I pick up freebies in supermarkets and it doesn't make me expect that it will be free next time I go. Nor do I begrudge those who go to the counter with bulging baskets of discounted stuff. 'Drog probably lamps them one.

This sort of thing is known as marketing promotion or sales seeding.

can see both sides of arguments...but going off what your basing this on phil is wrong. If your using the supermarket theory then this offer is more akin to (eg tesco loyalty card holder) non loyaty card hold holders getting a trolley full of shopping for free and the loyalty card holder having to pay.

can see both sides of arguments...but going off what your basing this on phil is wrong. If your using the supermarket theory then this offer is more akin to (eg tesco loyalty card holder) non loyaty card hold holders getting a trolley full of shopping for free and the loyalty card holder having to pay.

You can always look at it this way, the loyalty card holder gets the free goods and give them to someone else. Or give the payed for goods away and try the free stuff your self you might like it better.

Perhaps, but to apply that analogy to Rovers the loyalty card holder gets a 60% discount every week....

You are an example of how this offer has worked well. You would not have attended due to the combined cost of tickets and travel so an extra 4 bums on seats that would not have been :tu:

I'm not sure your perceived goal and the actual goal of the club match up here. Darmond has said he cannot usually afford to attend games with the travel as well - therefore the next home game after Brum, when the prices are back to normal, Darmond wont be able to attend and we'll have gained nothing. Regardless of how well we play/how entertaining the game is.

We've no way of knowing whether those 4 tickets would have sold at normal face value, however to say the above example is the scheme working well is way off the mark imo.

That said, delighted we'll be able to welcome a fan that normally can't come. But thats my compassionate side, which rarely mixes with good business.

Not without significant investment Simon. A change of owners alone will not fix the problem. The danger comes from believing the two are automatically linked. In reality, the stories today suggest the former is as far away as ever.

Archived