BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 1000 Free Tickets - Vs Big Club

What about 94/95 Season Paul. It was enough for me cos I never thought to see it.

Yep, OK in that context, in fact on the pitch generally I have few arguements to put forward

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can see both sides of arguments...but going off what your basing this on phil is wrong. If your using the supermarket theory then this offer is more akin to (eg tesco loyalty card holder) non loyaty card hold holders getting a trolley full of shopping for free and the loyalty card holder having to pay.

It would be like banks offering new customers money whilst existing customers get nothing, Oh wait a sec ....

:blink:

:rover: it's a great idea rovers giving free tickets away,season ticket holders have had rewards this season with the price.i would give away tickets for every game if it was up to me,like cloughie once said,they will let fans in for nothing :unsure::brfcsmilie:

My tickets came through today, they are in Darwen End lower, on the bottom right as you look at the Darwen End from the Blackburn End! :)

You have specific seats then rather than unreserved seating? If that's the case I presume then that the 1,000 free tickets will all be together in that area leaving the rest of the stand as unreserved?

I've been waiting 27 seasons for the club to reward me as a Season Ticket holder

You do get rewarded Paul. You get your own seat, get to see every game (most of them cheaper than walk-ons), get priority tickets for cup games, get into some reserve games free (or cheaper)

nothing against anybody on this forum, but I thought the whole point of this free ticket scheme was to give them to the residents of blackburn with darwen in order to increase the support in the actual town. On this forum, there's 1 person from blackburn who has got them. The rest are from clitheroe, chorley, brighouse etc. If this board is a reflection on the overall distribution of the tickets, then the scheme has clearly not worked.

nothing against anybody on this forum, but I thought the whole point of this free ticket scheme was to give them to the residents of blackburn with darwen in order to increase the support in the actual town.

Where did it say that!?

nothing against anybody on this forum, but I thought the whole point of this free ticket scheme was to give them to the residents of blackburn with darwen in order to increase the support in the actual town. On this forum, there's 1 person from blackburn who has got them. The rest are from clitheroe, chorley, brighouse etc. If this board is a reflection on the overall distribution of the tickets, then the scheme has clearly not worked.

I see your point about Blackburn residents... but if the person from Chorley for example is a first timer and decides to come back and pay next time then surely that would be classed as successful?

Where did it say that!?

in the said link.... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/5033900.1000_free_tickets_for_Blackburn_Rovers_v_Birmingham_City_game/

that was in your post in the first post of this forum!!!!!

Tom Finn clearly says it's being aimed at increasing core support in the actual town!

However Ben2000 you make a fair point if anybody on the free tickets decides to come back on another occassion, regardless of where they are from, then that is a positive outcome.

Well, maybe not. Wonder how many United 'fans' or fans in Blackburn of other clubs that they can't go and support easily will be tripping to Ewood against Brum? Weak-minded people can be easily converted if they know that a good local team that they CAN see week in week out is on their doorstep - via the free tickets as the enticer.

Of course there are people in Blackburn to entice. Clowns with Big 4 shirts on and a sizeable Asian population for starters.

But my point is, Blackburn is still a small town, if we want to grow the gates by any sizeable amount it will be by enticing people outside Blackburn's borders.

Well i do go to games, but reason for this, is to try get more people to come with me. So a few free tickets for some friends may get more income in the future.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the original idea was for 2500 free tickets. Then the FA stopped it as it was deemed above a certain percentage thats premitted for premiership promotional games offers.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the original idea was for 2500 free tickets. Then the FA stopped it as it was deemed above a certain percentage thats premitted for premiership promotional games offers.

Really?

Why would they care? It's not as if they get a cut of the gate money is it?!

Also if the council purchased these tickets (unconfirmed i know) then surely they could 'buy' as many as they wanted??

The tickets do have a nil valve on them though and have "marketing Department" printed on them.

Really?

Why would they care? It's not as if they get a cut of the gate money is it?!

Also if the council purchased these tickets (unconfirmed i know) then surely they could 'buy' as many as they wanted??

The tickets do have a nil valve on them though and have "marketing Department" printed on them.

But if this sort of initiative gets around to other high priced prem teams, it could have serious consequences regarding their customer fan base and their ability to maintain a high price.

The premier league have to try to maintain its attractiveness to the many overseas investors otherwise why would they or should come over here if the games are going to generate little 'extra' income from the turnstiles.

And can we give a friendly welcome to Blackburnians of an Asian heritage. Most are Man U or Liverpool supporters cos of negative experiences on their first or last visit. Honest. We are supposed to be friendly in Lancashire but it seems only to 'our own'.

And can we give a friendly welcome to Blackburnians of an Asian heritage. Most are Man U or Liverpool supporters cos of negative experiences on their first or last visit. Honest. We are supposed to be friendly in Lancashire but it seems only to 'our own'.

Personally IMO I don’t agree with this. Although we have been getting some bad coverage over the last few months, with the Coyle chants. Do you not think that wining trophies, glory hunters, comes into the equation? Although we have had some success over the last 10 plus years we don’t get that much praise from the National press and media.

Many may have not had any involvement in football and been pier pressured into following one of the big clubs. If Rovers can change this I’m all for it.

Archived