BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Summer Transfers (2010)

where does it leave Basturk? I wonder if he will stay on next season, wouldnt be bad if its on a pay as you play deal or on low wages.

So you are looking forwards to nicko's eleven o'clocker tonight then.... :D

Philip, you are not helping Nicko by suggesting the 11'o clocker returning. ;):lol:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko I have suspected for a while that something behind the scenes has happened with FDS, possibly an off the field incident, which resulted in him being dropped to the reserves. Your comments about him not coming back seem to back this idea up.

I know you are loathe to say anything until the end of the season, but can you tell me if I am at least in the ballpark on this one?

Think it is more a case of Di Santo having his chance, plus missing some good chances, and looking very low on confidence.

It seems to me like Sam was playing Di Santo a lot more before we secured him for the second half of the season. Once the deal was done Sam has used him far less. I wonder if Chelsea's nose has been put out of joint because of that.

It seems to me like Sam was playing Di Santo a lot more before we secured him for the second half of the season. Once the deal was done Sam has used him far less. I wonder if Chelsea's nose has been put out of joint because of that.

That would be a valid argument if he was actually performing, but he hasn't been. I still have a feeling he might come good, and his asking price has surely gone down after this season. Any idea how much Chelsea would want for him Nicko? Less than last summer I presume...

Maybe, but the only reason we were playing him more then was to give Kalanic chance to settle. Now he is pretty much cover for Kalanic, I would like to see him stay though, like most on here I reckon he would be a good partner for Kalanic, guess we probably wont see it though.

I'll assume you mean valid arguement from the Chelsea side - I'm not arguing for or against it in anyway, just observing the change in Sam's attitude towards him since the loan was extended. Fact is he probably doesnt warrant a place in the team - however you would have thought he'd be coming on before Roberts.

I'm surprised Sam isn't throwing Kalinic and Di Santo together now we've got some breathing space.

Who knows perhaps he will in some of the easier games.

Personally I'm keen to see it, but if there's basically no chance of it? Then I'd rather we worked on getting our tactics and style down for next year so we hit the ground running.

He isn't getting that much game time though and that may be down to him not being fit enough yet. Or it could just be that Sam just doesn't fancy him in which case it would be best to let him go. I guess my reason for wanting to keep him on is that I'm still reminded of what he's capable of and if he can ever reproduce that again then we'd have a very good player on our hands. However, that is a very big if...

Regarding Chimbonda and Jacobsen, I'd still opt for the latter. Granted, he hasn't done anything spectacular but at the same time he hasn't put a foot wrong. Chimbonda on the other hand has had some very good games but also some shockers. Add to that he's a bit of a tit, more likely to raise a fee and undoubtedly on much bigger wages.

Jacobsen is injured a lot though but Chimbonda always looks like he's going to be sent off! I was happy with Warnock but I guess that's another story!

I'll assume you mean valid arguement from the Chelsea side - I'm not arguing for or against it in anyway, just observing the change in Sam's attitude towards him since the loan was extended. Fact is he probably doesnt warrant a place in the team - however you would have thought he'd be coming on before Roberts.

Yeah, I meant from the Chelsea side - sorry for not making that clear. Maybe Sam got peeved off with the agent who started demanding more money after Di Santo hadn't performed and has now decided not to play him as much to get his price and wage demands down? If he plays and is a success on loan without a set price buy clause we risk paying over the odds for him. As things stand now we don't.

I would also think he would come on before Roberts, but Sam seems to prefer Roberts' physical presence against tired defenders - even if he can't hit the target.

Jacobsen is injured a lot though but Chimbonda always looks like he's going to be sent off! I was happy with Warnock but I guess that's another story!

Perhaps get rid of both then and buy a proper left back? We'd still have Emerton and Salgado who can play right back. Then Givet could permanently move to center back and Olsson can be pushed up to left midfield, which seem like positions that suit both of them better than the left back role.

Perhaps get rid of both then and buy a proper left back? We'd still have Emerton and Salgado who can play right back. Then Givet could permanently move to center back and Olsson can be pushed up to left midfield, which seem like positions that suit both of them better than the left back role.

Certainly seems odd to have bought Chimbonda for left-back when he had absolutely no left foot! But he did play well there early in the season. Maybe the manager is happy with Olssen there. I'd prefer him at left midfield.

Blow all the money on Gojko Kacar, Hertha are getting relegated and he's been injured for a lot of this season, so the price should go down quite a bit. Don't let United get him!

Hell of a player, good call.

As far as next season goes, I would be delighted to have 5 strikers in Kalanic, Di Santo, Roberts, Dindane and Hoilett.

I feel for Jacobsen because he was doing a very good job before Salgado and Chimbonda came in. Emerton is our best RB, Jacobsen our second.

I'd get rid of Chimbonda and bring in a new LB, maybe a loan signing though as Olsson has been doing well of late.

Chimbonda's main issue is he doesn't stop crosses coming in and always turns his back on them. Otherwise he's a better player than Jacobsen for me.

I like the fact he can fill both Fullback roles, and at a real push cover in the middle as well.

A left back would be good this summer, but decent full-backs are in seriously short supply the world over.

We need a striker first, I'm not too keen on Dindane but he does have some pace and if we wanted someone who could finish as well then, well we just don't have the funds. I'd be keen to know what is going on with Owen at United next year???

But we have to get a central player who can create and run at players, again not easy with our budget. The sporting Lisbon lad would be a great idea, no fee, but do we have the spare wages to compete? We are over weight in that area so will need to shift one or two first. But we also have Emerton who I'd like to see moved alongside Gamst at present.

--------------Robbo-------------

Salgado---Samba-----Givet-----NEW

--------------N'zonzi-----------

Hoillet---Emerton--Gamst---Olsson

-------------Kalinic-------------

If we are going to spend some money this year, then I'd like to see us snap up one or two younger British players. John Fleck, Doran, Mattock, The Charlton lad. But we also desperately need to invest in other area's of the club, backroom support and the youth system could all be made better which can only really help us in the long term, I do hope the extra TV cash doesn't get spent on fees and wages.

I agree that left back isnt our priority. We have Olsson & Givet who can both play their + Chimbonda.

Id get rid of Jacobsen - purely because he is about 4th in line for Right back.

Id also get rid of Zurab as he eats wages for nothing, as does Reid & Brown.

Id then consider the likes of Roberts, Andrews, Chimbonda (if the fee was good enough) and see what is on offer.

If MGP doesnt sign then it will be interesting to see if we move for the Blackpool lad.

I hope we can add abit more pace again this summer too!

Bar none of them score on a regular basis, infact a few fail to score at all... :blink:

So they won't score next year or ever again then!

Kalanic, Di Santo and hoilett are all young and inexperienced ,next year will see them come on. Dindane adds pace which we need.

Surely Joe Ledley is the one to look at if we're wanting to replace MGP with a British player?

His contract is up at Cardiff in the summer. He'll be a star wherever he ends up. My gut feeling is Everton though.

So they won't score next year or ever again then!

Kalanic, Di Santo and hoilett are all young and inexperienced ,next year will see them come on. Dindane adds pace which we need.

Kalanic is a striker who will knock around 10 league goals in for you every season, i dont ever see him being prolific but a good foil for someone.

Di Santo has done FA to show he can score goals at this level.

We all know Roberts weaknesses.

Hoillet hasnt the build to play uptop in the league (yet) oh and has failed to hit the back of the net.

Dindane is ######. :rolleyes:

Blow all the money on Gojko Kacar, Hertha are getting relegated and he's been injured for a lot of this season, so the price should go down quite a bit. Don't let United get him!

He'll join one of the Italian top 5 sides in July and for around 7-8 million Euros,thats why i never mentioned him in my post yesterday.

I agree though he is a top player.

Surely Joe Ledley is the one to look at if we're wanting to replace MGP with a British player?

His contract is up at Cardiff in the summer. He'll be a star wherever he ends up. My gut feeling is Everton though.

Why is it so quiet surrounding him at the moment? Is there something about him we don't know? I expected him to be snapped up by now.

Kalanic is a striker who will knock around 10 league goals in for you every season, i dont ever see him being prolific but a good foil for someone.

Di Santo has done FA to show he can score goals at this level.

We all know Roberts weaknesses.

Hoillet hasnt the build to play uptop in the league (yet) oh and has failed to hit the back of the net.

Dindane is ######. :rolleyes:

Wanna bet Kalanic gets more than 10 goals next year?

I still hold hope for di santo, but yes he hasn't done much, Yet!!!

I rate dindane

Archived