BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Rovers Memorabilia Do You Have

If you look in one of the BBE lifts there is a great photo (been there for a while) of Birdie and his Rovers stuff....fantastic.

Looking at the BRFCS "FOR Sale and Wanted" made me look at my wall and filing cabinet at work. I have:

2 signed footballs (one from 92/93, the other from 2004/05)

signed Mark Hughes photo

signed Shearer photo

Rovers Centenary First Day Cover forom Rovers -v- Bolton (2/11/1975) signed by manager Jim Smith

full team signed and framed "Lonsdale" shirt

full team and framed signed Tim Flowers goalies shirt from 94/95

I have coming a gift of a pair of signed Paul Robinson gloves.

I also gave a signed shirt to Ernesto's Barbers in Richmond Terrace, Blackburn.

Look forward to hearing of other great items that you have out there. Please make me jealous!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Carling Cup winners signed Rovers Shirt
  2. 08/09 signed shirt
  3. Signed Ronnie Clayton photo
  4. Signed Ball by RSC
  5. Signed Ball by the team - think its 96
  6. Signed Picture of Shearer & Sutton holding up the premier-league trophy.

I also have a signed picture of the entire Liverpool team which included Kenny & Souness etc, when Crown used to be their sponsors.

Signed programme from 95-96 season against Bolton

signed 94-95 premier league winning shirt

signed and mounted picture of worthy cup winning team. Signed cards below the print from souness,Jansen, and cole.

Things that spring immediately to mind:

Colin Hendry's shirt. His last appearance in a Rovers shirt was a Footballaid charity game at Ewood. This is the last shirt he wore for Rovers, plus have the photos to prove it.

First day cover from the Premiership season

My ticket stub from 14th May 1995

My seats out of Nuttal Street stand (sad but true)

Very nice limited edition coloured print of the old BBE turnstiles

Loads of other bits in a suitcase in the attic; important programmes, ticket stubs, LET copies etc. but the above would be the main items

Signed 95/96 and 03/04 Football

Signed Friedel shirt

Signed 94/95 shirt

quite a few signed photos

a friend of mine also has a seat from turd moor (think it was from the FA cup)

Programme from Full Members Cup Final signed by the team that played.

As a complete aside, one time a Rovers match photo used in the LET's old Spot the Ball was pasted on my bedroom wall, with the ball still in it!!! Don Martin heading goalwards. How could we lose???? Because the competition was not where the ball actually was but where 'a panel of experts' thought it might be, i.e. in a completely impossible position so that no-one would win.

I've got various signed items like those listed above. I've also got the 125th anniversary shirt, still with tags and boxed in mint condition. They only made 1,250 of them and I can't imagine that there are too many left still in new condition.

My seats out of Nuttal Street stand (sad but true)

I can't beat that, but I do have a brick from the old Blackburn End.

I wrote to the club when the stand was being demolished and asked if they were selling off any parts of it. Ken Beamish wrote back to say that they were not doing that, but if I took the letter down and spoke to some of the workmen I could take a brick as a souvenir.

Signed 94-95 team poster

Same here.

Unfortunately it was done during the summer before the team photo had been done for that season, so it's done on the 93/94 one...but players that weren't on that picture have still signed at the top. Still brilliant as it is, but it would have been better on the title winning poster.

I'm not sure who would have organised that for me. I wrote a thank you letter after attending a training week (I was 9 at the time I think) then a few weeks later that arrived in the post for me and was promptly framed.

I can't beat that, but I do have a brick from the old Blackburn End.

I wrote to the club when the stand was being demolished and asked if they were selling off any parts of it. Ken Beamish wrote back to say that they were not doing that, but if I took the letter down and spoke to some of the workmen I could take a brick as a souvenir.

I had a similar thing. We had to go to a scrap yard, possibly in Accrington, and comb through all these seats, took ages!!!!

1960 FA cup final programme complete with song sheet.

Blackpool v Rovers programme for the 25 December 1965, - last ever English league game, played on Christmas day.

One or two European Progs.

I`ve got an unopened can of McEwans Lager :lol: with the Rovers badge (& Glasgow Rangers badge) printed on the can. It says something like 'Champions 1995' on it (Both clubs had McEwans as their shirt sponsors that year) I thought it might be worth something in a few years lol :unsure:

I`ve also got a championship season metal 'tankard' with all the results of the 94/95 season on it & the championship trophy on the front.

I`ve got a 'PROMOTED TO DIVISION 2 1980' scarf in my sock drawer

& several programs from the 80s with a few signatures on (Noel Brotherston, Howard Kendall)

Newspapers from the days after we won the championship (all boxed up & saved)

:tu:

I`ve got an unopened can of McEwans Lager :lol: with the Rovers badge (& Glasgow Rangers badge) printed on the can. It says something like 'Champions 1995' on it (Both clubs had McEwans as their shirt sponsors that year) I thought it might be worth something in a few years lol :unsure:

I`ve also got a championship season metal 'tankard' with all the results of the 94/95 season on it & the championship trophy on the front.

I`ve got a 'PROMOTED TO DIVISION 2 1980' scarf in my sock drawer

& several programs from the 80s with a few signatures on (Noel Brotherston, Howard Kendall)

Newspapers from the days after we won the championship (all boxed up & saved)

:tu:

I have the papers too, one telegraph (well two but one is ripped on one page) and The Sun I think. Also have the Mirror the day after we got promoted./=

Ken Furphy's autograph.

A Nuttall Street Stand (John Lewis Complex) brick.

A couple of cardboard OBJ figures ( wearing Rovers scarves) and blue n white cardboard rosettes (from Duttons brewery).

Vince Grella's autograph.

A champagne soaked Rovers silk flat cap from Gigg Lane, Bury (Div 3 promotion).

A beermat from a pub near Anfield from May 1995.

Season tickets stubs/booklets/placky passes from all 4 sides of Ewood going back to 1984.

Plus lots more too esoteric to mention!

I have two signed Ryan Nelsen photos. I give Ryan Nelsen a photograph of himself to sign and he said 'who's that ugly mug' ha what a legend.

I have a signed flag and a signed shirt from a couple of seasons ago but they mean absolutely nothing to me now.

Oh ye and Nelsen signed my shirt too.

2 fully signed and framed Title winning shirts collected personally at a one off day at Brockhall with the title winning team won in a Charity auction, plus a full album of photos from the day.

Too many signed footballs to count...

Mint condition framed ticket from THAT day at Anfield (not not last Sunday!)

Mint condition framed Full Members Cup Final Ticket and Prog. signed by Big Col.

Various framed original team photos from the 50's, 60's and 70's.

A Brick from the old Blackburn End, plus loads of photos of the ground being redeveloped which I haven't seen anywhere...I have a pic of Ewood somewhere with basically just the Riverside fully built from the summer of 1994. (Used to get my mum and dad to take me down to the ground preseason 94/95 every few days to take shots...sad I know!!!)

God knows what else, must have tons more cool stuff buried away, I basically collected everything, and threw nothing away growing up!

I also have somewhere about ten full scrap books of clippings from the LT (when it was good ;)!) and from all the national papers with almost every match report, transfer story, transfer rumour, and even vaguely Rovers related story, from around 1991 to 1995, as well as newspapers from all the key events of recent times. It is amazing to look at some of the rumours, and players we were linked to that are forgotten now...

I also have somewhere a tape full of video recordings from the day we won the league and the aftermath, with the likes of GMTV news reports, local news links and all sorts, which makes great nostalgic viewing, as well as the full 3 or 4 hour SKY coverage of the title winning day at Anfield, which includes loads of great footage from the dressing room that I have never seen since.

Archived