BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Rovers Memorabilia Do You Have

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two signed footballs, 95 title winning squad and the Worthington Cup winning squad.

One fully signed home shirt from the 2006 squad.

A signed 40th birthday card from all of the Rovers squad from February 2007.

Howard Kendalls number 4 blood stained shirt from our away win at Bury - on the pitch with thousands of other blues fans and picked up his shirt as he threw it out to the crowd. It remains a prized possession - Bury 1980.

Fully signed copy of the Full Members Cup Final programme.

Fantastic photograph of me and Big Col at Plymouth.

A signed image of Matt Jansen notching the headed goal at PNE to clinch promotion.

A cracking photograph of Maradonna scoring for Napoli versus Roma in a 1-1 draw in Naples when he scored a great goal.

Somewhere have a signed photograph of Stuart Metcalfe and me next to a gleaming Ford Capri that he had bought in the seventies, I used to live around the corner from him in Mill Hill.

I have signed photos of me with Salgado, Diouf, Andrews, Allardyce, Grella,Dunn and Nzonzi and John Williams.

Also have pics with Robinson, Tugay, Pederson, Givet, Mcarrthy, Wilcox, P Gallagher, Tony Parkes, Dalglish, Pederson, Jason Brown, Ryan Nelson, Zurab, Tracey, Roberts, Di Santo, Jacobsen, Garner, Reid, Ooijer, Vilauneva, Hoilett, Olsson, Chimbonda

Have played in the last 2 years football aid games at Ewood Park were I have played against or with Kevin Gallagher and Mark Atkins have a photo next to the Blackburn Crest on the pitch with Gallagher and have a shirt signed by Gallagher and Atkins :)

Also have signed shirts by Grella, Santa Cruz and Tugay and Dunn which I know are real as I collected the signatures.

Also Have photos of me and Blackburn shirt with my Name on it hanging in the home dressing room.

Have Dvd of both my football aid games at Ewood Park and in the 2nd one managed to get on the scoresheet :)

I`ve got an unopened can of McEwans Lager :lol: with the Rovers badge (& Glasgow Rangers badge) printed on the can. It says something like 'Champions 1995' on it (Both clubs had McEwans as their shirt sponsors that year) I thought it might be worth something in a few years lol :unsure:

I must have a look around the house for mine :lol:

I have one as well. Best before sometime around 1996, haha.

I have one as well. Best before sometime around 1996, haha.

I have the same, boxed with the official scroll, the first time a sponsor had sponsored both the champions of the top league in England and Scotland in the same season.

Also have a McEwans framed print of Shearers 100th prem goal v Chelsea at Ewood Park.

I have a 96 home shirt signed, a framed 08/09 shirt signed.

A mini premier league trophy with it engraved, the year we won it.

Signed photos of old players and manager, Brain Kidd at the time.

A black wood canvas with the crest made from clay and then spray painted, got it in Crete, never seen one like it.

i have a mirror containing the team photo of the rovers 1884 fa cup winning team, The image includes the East Lancashire Charity Cup, the FA Cup and the Lancashire Cup trophies.

think it was the 1st time we won the fa cup? first of three in a row maybe

M.Lofthouse, H.Mcintyre, J.Beverley, H. Arthur, F. Suter, J.H. Forrest, R. Birtwistle (umpire), I. Douglas, J.H. Sourbutts, J.Brown, J. Hargreaves, J. Inglis

• Backroom

Nothing special Rovers related, but I do have a tea set that Jack Walker gave people at the Walkersteel factory.

My Grandad was very good friends with Jack and he passed it on along with that yellow and black away kit we had one time a few days before it was released (and a lot of the Rovers and England players years ago - he was the first hairdresser in Blackburn to do mens styling as such, Alberts his place was called)

I also have some signed Robbie Savage boots but I ended up using them in the Blackburn combination as they were a perfect fit

I`ve got an unopened can of McEwans Lager :lol: with the Rovers badge (& Glasgow Rangers badge) printed on the can. It says something like 'Champions 1995' on it (Both clubs had McEwans as their shirt sponsors that year) I thought it might be worth something in a few years lol :unsure:

Ours were opened - I think loads of Rovers fans must have one lurking somewhere. Ours have lived on top of the cupboard in the kitchen pretty much ever since!

4410071873_571fc03887_m.jpg

Other than cans:

- my favourite bit is a commemorative plate from when we won the league.

- a mini replica PL trophy with all the results engraved around the bottom.

- a couple of signed shirts and footballs

- a signed copy of Ronnie Clayton's autobiography 'A Slave to football' from 1960.

- a wine bottle with a Rovers badge on that Mark got me from Spain.

Very nice limited edition coloured print of the old BBE turnstiles

Is this from Homes of Football? I think I have got it also.

Nothing special Rovers related, but I do have a tea set that Jack Walker gave people at the Walkersteel factory.

My Grandad was very good friends with Jack and he passed it on along with that yellow and black away kit we had one time a few days before it was released (and a lot of the Rovers and England players years ago - he was the first hairdresser in Blackburn to do mens styling as such, Alberts his place was called)

I also have some signed Robbie Savage boots but I ended up using them in the Blackburn combination as they were a perfect fit

That takes me back. I used to get my hair cut and styled at Alberts. Lads went from all over Blackburn.

(Sorry,off topic but never mind.)

I have an autograph book which I started when I was about 8 or 9, with the following in off the top of my head collected on visits to Ewood:

Don Mackay, Simon Garner, Scott Sellars, Terry Gennoe, Mark Atkins, David May, Darren Collier, David Mail, Andy Kennedy, Steve Bruce, Glenn Hoddle, Peter Shreeves, Alan Shearer, Mike Newell, Tim Sherwood, Jason Wilcox, Colin Hendry, Tim Flowers, Ian Pearce, Stuart Ripley, Chris Sutton, Jack Walker, Bryan Douglas, Ronnie Clayton, Stuart Pearce, Gordon Taylor, Tom Finney, Scott Gemmill, Steve Stone, Juninho, Nicky Barmby.

We had come from Rochdale to watch the Forest game when we beat them 7-0 in 1996, we waited 2 hrs after the game to get autographs but there was no sign of Shearer. We had set off to get the train back when guess who comes out of the side gate at the Blackburn End? Owd Judas himself, 30 seconds either way and we would have missed him!

• Backroom

That takes me back. I used to get my hair cut and styled at Alberts. Lads went from all over Blackburn.

(Sorry,off topic but never mind.)

ha ha good to hear, obviously i used to hear about it but it's nice to have it vindicated some more. Funny thing is my wides a hairdresser and he trained a lot of the people she's worked with at Blackburn college

The most unique piece of memorabilia I have are probably the two Ordnance Survey maps (Scale 1:1250) of Ewood Park pre-Walker days as well as the local area surrounding the stadium framed.

I've got a feeling the map was from the 70s but I could be wrong. It shows the Ferhurst Mill behind the now Darwin End. The Ewood Mill on the corner of Livesey Branch Road/Bolton Road. St Bartholomew's Church which was next to the C of E school. The Fernhurst Pub is on there too.

Has anyone got a pre 1980's original shirt? Not toffs or owt, I'm after any, be it 1895, 1911, 1934 etc. I've got a 19th century FA cup winners medal, 1964-65 Central League Winners Cup, a few Lancashire cup medals, signed footballs etc, Sherwoods top from '94, MGP's from a few years ago too, other bits too.

122 antique postcards of Rovers players and teams dating from around 1900 to 1928.

A hand written and signed letter from Rovers founder John Lewis arranging fixtures with chairman of Notts county dated 1888.Address given as Leamington street ground.

Bob Crompton's East Lancs charity cup winners medal dated 1910.

The original club contract for JOE HULME dated 1924.He later went on to great things with Herbert chapmans Arsenal.

Has anyone got a pre 1980's original shirt? Not toffs or owt, I'm after any, be it 1895, 1911, 1934 etc.

Wouldn't we all like to own a shirt that old pal,only ever seen one in a museum collection.

Top 5 items: -

1. Alan Shearer training jacket from the day he scored his 300th & 301 career goals (signed) - Newcastle Jacket).

2. Jeff Kenna worn shirt from 1994/95 season (signed).

3. Brad Fridel match worn Adidas gloves vs Reading (signed).

4. Tugay issued Puma boots, (signed) (boots were never released for public sale).

5. Issued Worthington Cup Shirt (squad signed).

The rest: -

6. Alan Shearer's pre-season shirt 1995/96.

7. Roque Santa Cruz match worn shirt vs Manchester United (signed).

8. Paul Gallagher's Predators vs Bray Wanderers (signed).

9. Matt Derbyshire match worn UEFA Cup shirt (signed)

10. Jack Walker photograph with PL Trophy (signed).

11. David Dunn away jersey vs Bolton, (signed).

12. Other player shirts from: Graham Fenton, Tim Sherwood, Matty Holmes, Ian Pearce, Steve Harkness, Marc Keller, Kabba Diawara, Andy Todd, Steven Reid, Aaron Mokoena, David Bentley, Ryan Nelsen, Jason Roberts, Kyle Lafferty, Alan Fettis, Eddie Nolan

13. Home shirts from every season since 1994 (all squad signed, inc. x2 from 1995).

14. Various player/squad signed Blackburn and Northern Ireland photos, footballs, calendars, programmes etc

Newspaper, the Sports Telegraph, from 21st April 1928 ....headline "Blackburn Rovers carry off the cup !" ,bought the evening of FA Cup final day by my grandfather after he had watched us beat Huddersfield at Wembley.....priceless.

I sincerely hope that ain't in Clarrot n Bloo colours!

El Tombro,

No, it sincerely isn't a Clarrot n Bloo shirt. It was his 2nd game for Northern Ireland and gave it to me when he got back from the tour in America. However, he did get me an Alan Mahon shirt from his time in Turd Moor. You also have to hand it to him, Kyle brought in one of my Blackburn shirts for him to sign in the changing room that day in front of the rest of the players. So fair dues.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a mirror containing the team photo of the rovers 1884 fa cup winning team, The image includes the East Lancashire Charity Cup, the FA Cup and the Lancashire Cup trophies.

think it was the 1st time we won the fa cup? first of three in a row maybe

M.Lofthouse, H.Mcintyre, J.Beverley, H. Arthur, F. Suter, J.H. Forrest, R. Birtwistle (umpire), I. Douglas, J.H. Sourbutts, J.Brown, J. Hargreaves, J. Inglis

Did you enjoy going mate?

Archived