BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Rovers Memorabilia Do You Have

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a book from 1945 called things about blackburn rovers, a copy of Ronnie Claytons autobiography and some other bits and bobs.

But my Boss has a 1928 FA Cup Final Shirt !! his Grandad was Called Moi Atherton and he was the Rovers trainer at the time yopu can see him on the big picture in the Blues Bar with his flat cap on.

I don't have any memorabilia as such but in my kitchen cupboard and in daily use is a mug that we bought pre 1994-95 season. During that season my husband would insist it had to be in the top position on the mug tree before going to matches. On the day before the Worthington Cup final we dropped it and it bounced intact off my tiled kitchen floor. Needless to say we are doing our best to make sure it stays intact this weekend.

Oh and I do own a signed shirt I got as a Mothers' Day gift from the club and photos of me with Dunny and David Thomson

being presented with champagne and flowers. My son has tickets from the FA cup final when Rovers were there and my daughter has that photo of Gallagher and stead celebrating that she won on a Radio Rovers phone in

Not exactly rovers memorabilia, but a dingle mate of mine has a "pint pot with a turd in it". He says it hit him during a Bumley/Rovers game in 1977. It`s been proudly on display in his mantlepiece since. He says they used to use it as an air-freshener, but the scent has faded over the years. Now, he says it just improves the room`s ambience ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Howard Kendall's shirt from the 1980/1 season. Can't remember which game, but my younger brother played for Rovers Reserves (at the age of 15!!!) and HK gave it to him.

My brother's greatest boast is getting sent off along with Norman Whiteside at Old Trafford in a Youth Cup game in front of 7000 spectators. They were still knocking lumps out of each other going down the tunnel!!!!

Maybe us Rovers fans should start the Club Museum ?

Rather than waiting for the Club to develop one -like they said they would do in the early 90s.

Could this be a starter? Refer to next Supporters Club Forum?

Would BRFCS members be prepared to lend their items?

Do we have an Archivist amongst the BRFCS family?

I've got all sorts of stuff, my favorite being my dad's seat from the old Nuttall St.

It sits proudly in the corner of my garden and gets a fresh coat of paint every year.

My grandad also gave me his 1960 cup final ticket and song sheet?

I also have collected match tickets since the mid 80's.

Plenty of shirts, plates and papers from all decades.

Also, when the old ground was being demolished I was given permission to go on the ground and take some pictures.

I have loads and loads, i do promise to scan them one day!

• 2 weeks later...

Tugays boots - size 7 !! assorted pairs of players training boots such as Steven Reid, Michael Gray, Dominic Matteo, Dunny, Grella and Nelsen. Loads of training wear some identifiable as to whom it belonged some not, numerous balls and quite a few match worn shirts/shorts including, Emerton, Dickov, Bentley (1 rovers/1 spurs) Petrov (Aston Villa) Paul Gallagher (stoke) Michael Gray (wolves) Savage and more..

Best mate works on the groundstaff!!

• 3 weeks later...

Now on my office wall at work I have this work of art. By Peter J Lewis, it is as you can see a line drawing of the old Ewood Park in a frame. Only a limited number were done, mine is 663 of 850. Anyone else got one, and if so how much did you pay?

27784_443273805897_594900897_5689679_5386089_n.jpg

Archived