BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Milner being included was a disgrace. Walcott has never and will never be an international player.

England have 3 world class players in Gerrard, A.Cole and Rooney. Wilshere will get to that level shortly. Terry and Ferdinand never convince against top opposition and the rest are midtable premiership players. On paper we shouldnt be getting near winning a trophy and we're not. Capello makes things worse but I doubt anyone could realistically get this team beyond the quater finals of a major tournament.

Germany and Spain have twice the quality we have. France and Holland have technically gifted players who would run rings around ours.

There is no answer. Spain were in the footballing wilderness for decades. The golden Barca generation has transformed them. Only Wilshere bears any resemblance to a continental, international footballer. Finding the right midfield parter for him will dictate how well this current side will fare.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one man who tries year on year to win beautifully is Wenger and he gets an absolute roasting for it.

To be fair, Wenger is criticised because his team is comprised of world class chokers who are softer than a meadow full of pink ponies.

No such entity.

Barclays Premier League

The EPL is not an entity, I don't think anyone is claiming it is. It is how the Barclays Premier League is referred to outside of the British Isles to distinguish it from other National Premier Leagues (regardless of sport) and because few would even know what Barclays is.

Besides, BPL sounds like an oil company.

The sooner that we as a nation, give up on producing fast and powerful players over smaller framed, more skill-full players the better IMO.

Dopper I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that is the crux of it. You are right though, every England schoolboy team is full of 6 footers. The Germans don't struggle though.

There are too many places that need fixing for England to be world class.

The press needs to not build players up to knock them down. Football is as much mental as it is physical, digging up dirt and ridiculing them before and during important tournaments won't do them any good. I reckon Rooney was told that his hooker story was going to come out during the world cup last year. So he spent his spare time worrying about what his wife would do, and not thinking about mauling Algeria.

The FA needs to asert control over its member clubs. They are supposed to run the Premier League, but the opposite happens. Clubs have too much power, just look at the U-21's. Players are pulling out left and right.

Culture. You only have to read on here to know that calm, technical football isn't tolerated very well (Barcelona are boring to more than a few). The national gmae is slower than the English game, but fans demand the all action style they see every week.

Development. As dopper said, skill is 2nd to strength and the pro youth set up is, IMHO, causing more problems. Signing kids at 5 and 6 puts undue pressure on them, and gives parents crazy expectations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived