BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

ENGLAND ARE FINISHED !

Lets see them play some second rate national teams,then the media can whip them up only for the outcome to be one of complete failure.

Theres only Joe Hart that I look forward to seeing in an England shirt the rest might as well come from the Blackburn combination.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's not hit the press yet but it's obvious now that some time in May or June Fabio caught Joe Cole and Peter Crouch spit roasting Mrs Capello at her insistance with Scott Parker videoing proceedings!

The new squad has seen any worthwhile players capable of a step up to international level replaced by mediocrity. The old guard of underachievers namely Messrs Terry, Lampard and Gerrard are incredibly still set to start whilst I assume surrounding Wayne Rooney with that lot is an open attempt at revenge for screwing up in SA.

I forecast Capello's intentions a month ago on the World Cop Capello thread and this is validating my opinions perfectly.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/23256-capellos-future/page__view__findpost__p__925991

After SA the manager should have looked in the eyes of the players and sought pride and determination and selected accordingly. Instead he's called up 2nd rate plodders to embarrass his employers. Even this lot with Bobby bloody Zamora included (the only striker alive who can make Jason Roberts' control look like he's wearing velcro boots) should manage to beat Hungary in a match which will no doubt live long in the memory for it's rank awfulness played out in a crescendo (nice eytie word please note) of boos but imagine the outcome if this lot were set against a top team?

I was speaking to a chap who holds a significant position within the FA who disagreed with me about Capello's future intentions but imo the whole situation around the international team at the moment has a seriously bad smell to it. The issue is rotten to the core. Thankfully Paul Robinson has had the good sense to steer well clear.

P.S. I expect Jimmk2 will be backing em heavily for the European Championship :rolleyes:.

I dont' think crescendo of boos wil be as loud as you think, and it't not only Robo that has the good sense to steer well clear.

THE FA is braced for an England v Hungary crowd of just over 60,000 – the worst ticket sales total for England at the new Wembley – 10,000 lower than the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final attendance.

By the way they have took a Rovers type decision and reduced ticket prices as well.

FANS SNUB ENGLAND CLASH WITH HUNGARY

I dont' think crescendo of boos wil be as loud as you think, and it't not only Robo that has the good sense to steer well clear.

THE FA is braced for an England v Hungary crowd of just over 60,000 – the worst ticket sales total for England at the new Wembley – 10,000 lower than the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final attendance.

By the way they have took a Rovers type decision and reduced ticket prices as well.

FANS SNUB ENGLAND CLASH WITH HUNGARY

Take out corporates and freebies and you are looking at around 40000 payers.

Down on capacity or not, the FA should be secretly pi$$ing themselves that after that summer disgrace thay can still get thousands of mugs to part with their cash!

Harry Redknapp was spot on just now when asked about England

He goes on to talk about Capello picking players who can't get in their club teams yet can get into the England squad. He always thought England were always meant to be better than the club teams but now this isn't the case. He also find it very strange that a lot of members who Fabio considered the better players having made the World Cup squad were now dropped for players who aren't better players. Before they weren't good enough for England, now they're good enough.

Am disappointed to see that Terry is still in the team...

He shouldn't be but we don't have many options in that department. Upsons poor, Rio's past it and King's in worse physical shape than Professor Hawkins.

Ideally with Heskey finished all he needed to drop were Terry, Lampard and Gerrard to completely refresh the teams attitude.

Same old tired names in the squad. If Capello & the FA had any balls, they'd pull a France and drop their underachievers. Of course, with a manager going through the motions and the FA losing their main sponsor, that wasn't going to happen.

Before they weren't good enough for England, now they're good enough.

But it's about building a team that can compete over the next four years.

The likes of Wilshere, Gibbs, Cahill, Adam Johnson etc. probably aren't better than some established players we have at this present time, but in two years time (when it matters) they potentially can be - and if they have developed an understanding we should be a stronger team.

Quite obviously this isn't the strongest squad of players have available, but then that's not the point at this stage.

In 4 years time at Brazil 2014, I expect half of the squad will be different than those playing against Hungary or featuring in the next 4 or 5 games.

I agree with Harry, England should always have the best players playing. If they aren't ready for their clubs then why should they be ready to represent their nation. It's obvious that the players are good enough to perform at the highest level because they have all performed in the big stages for their clubs so it's surely about motivating these players for England.

Fabio clearly lost the plot at the World Cup and in todays Charity Shield he was shocked to see Carrick playing and even asked him when United went to claim the shield. Something isn't right behind the scenes.

Instead of bringing in new players, bring in a new English manager and staff.

Capello had a warm greeting for the Chelsea lads and smiled and shook hands with Terry and Lampard. When United arrived to collect their awards he was in conversation and ignored their arrival. I did not see him greet a single United player. It was too obvious to be unintentional. He was surprised that United were there??? Something is wrong.

Capello had a warm greeting for the Chelsea lads and smiled and shook hands with Terry and Lampard. When United arrived to collect their awards he was in conversation and ignored their arrival. I did not see him greet a single United player. It was too obvious to be unintentional. He was surprised that United were there??? Something is wrong.

You didn't see his bizarre mime conversation with then.

Seems to me that after every International competition there's a media campaign to discredit and oust the England manager. As long as our blood-thirsty press continue in this vein, England will never win anything.

• Moderation Lead

You didn't see his bizarre mime conversation with then.

Seems to me that after every International competition there's a media campaign to discredit and oust the England manager. As long as our blood-thirsty press continue in this vein, England will never win anything.

This is true, but Capello has lost the dressing room, it's painfully obvious. His autocratic nature is primitive and I bet the FA were wishing they hadn't offered him any sortof extension, they should have made it conditional on the World Cup performance!

As for McClown- he was vastly inexperienced and only got the job because he had a role within the team already.

Lampard has been dreadful for England for years, why has he been selected again? Capello's assistant watched Liverpool the other night, and saw Joe Cole boss that midfield- yet he gets ignored? (admittedly the opposition wasn't the best) There are so many inherent flaws in Capello's reign now. He got us through qualifying but failed spectacularly at the World Cup.

Yes, the players have a responsibility and they can blame tiredness but I don't buy that, and the need for a winter break- (not least because there will be no football at Christmas!) but other premiership players didn't show fatigue in the competition (Kuyt, Fabregas, De Jong, Mascherano etc).

This 'root and branch' investigation was just lip service.....

Archived