BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon Venables

It is what happens when you start gobbing off on the keyboard after a night out with the lads!

appology accepted

:rover:

Thank you for the acceptance. I probably owe more of an apology to my daughter than to you.

Onward & upward with the discussion.............

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can totally understand the anger aimed at the two animals that killed Jamie Bulger (i`d love to see them both get their come-uppance) but in the eyes of the law (& we are a country with laws) they`ve served their 'time' for that particular crime. I think they should`ve served a LOT longer in prison......but the powers-that-be running the country have seen fit for these two to be let out 'on license'.

One of these scrotes has apparently re-offended or broken his terms of release. He has been taken back into custody, probably awaiting a new trial. The new trial will deal with his 'alleged' new misdemeanors. Although it sticks in the throat, everybody is entitled to a fair trial. It`s up to the courts to decide whether he`s guilty or not of the new crimes......not the press. That`s why the government cannot release details.

Any allegations printed in the press might contaminate the jury`s decisions. A judge will not let that happen. Venables lawers will pounce on this & use it to its full extent in court. Venables could well walk free before the trial has even begun......& nobody wants that.

Jamie Bulger`s mother is rightly upset at what`s been going on over the last week or so, but what would she rather see....Venables getting banged up again LEGALLY or him walking free due to a technicallity caused by the press?

The public`s thirst for knowledge might well scupper the justice system.

Everybody should take a step back, let things happen in the proper way & evenually the entire story will come out at the court case.......THEN the country can decide if things were done properly.

It`s easy to criticise the government over this, but if they balls it all up by releasing info that might ruin the trial.....the #### will hit the fan in a massive way! :unsure:

You didn't list the option that Jamie Bulger's mother would take!

I am glad I am of sufficient mental capacity to see the irony in demanding a pair of 10 year old murderers are hanged as a punishment.

Although Clayton makes a valid counter argument ("look at them, they are definitely evil")

:)

Pity you haven't got enough 'mental capacity' (whatever that is) to realise that they are not ten anymore. Convicted of an unspeakably evil (yes evil) crime, then shipped back out into society with a new identity, fresh start, only for one of them to commit

• Backroom

Things could soon get messy for some innocent people, a text went round naming Venables as David Calvert from Fleetwood, problem is David Calvert turns out to be David Calvert a bloke from Liverpool who moved over that area.

Problem is he will never live it down and some people will always suspect him.

Just name the feckers, they did the crime and the time should be a life of punishment, name them and let them fend for themselves.

Just name the feckers, they did the crime and the time should be a life of punishment, name them and let them fend for themselves.

I'm interested in your, and others', resolute desire to punish a couple of 10 years olds who did a horrible thing.

Just what would your

name the feckers, they did the crime and the time should be a life of punishment, name them and let them fend for themselves

acheive?

Go on, just exactly what would you do to those two two children, who as ten year olds, seventeen years ago committed a horrible murder.

Same for Yoda & Adopted Scouser. Tell us what exactly what you think what should happen to two ten year old misfits. Now that they are about 27 years old

Specifics would be useful, rather than some tabloid frothing and generally being angry.

Same for Yoda & Adopted Scouser. Tell us what exactly what you think what should happen to two ten year old misfits.

Stop dumbing down Colin, they were a little bit more than 'misfits' even at ten tears old. Specifically ? Keep them both in chokey for good, yep, for good. Let them live in fear and regret every time another lifer stares at them across the canteen knowing who they are, and now at 27 feel real anguish wondering where the next assault will come from.

Don't associate this thread with my user name either, left the Wirral four years ago and now reside (as you know) near Altrincham. My views at the ripe old age of 47 are pretty clear. Punishment should mean just that, not a new i.d. and tipped out after being 'rehabilitated' to scour nightclubs gorged on cocaine and amphetamine, then to commit sex offences leading to re arrest.

Let me be perfectly clear (unless Mr Natural has taken hold), locked up, for good, in a 'Cheers' wing.

(where everybody knows your na......

I'm interested in your, and others', resolute desire to punish a couple of 10 years olds who did a horrible thing.

Just what would your acheive?

Go on, just exactly what would you do to those two two children, who as ten year olds, seventeen years ago committed a horrible murder.

Same for Yoda & Adopted Scouser. Tell us what exactly what you think what should happen to two ten year old misfits. Now that they are about 27 years old

Specifics would be useful, rather than some tabloid frothing and generally being angry.

OK Colin,

Life should mean life,

Venables had a chance to start again and messed up, it should be life no let offs.

Is that clear enough, try to answer when sobber this time,

I along with many others are sick of no marks taking the ###### out of the justice system which is loaded in favour of the offenders, what about victims FFS

Now what would you do ?

please be specific

<_<

OK Colin,

Life should mean life,

Venables had a chance to start again and messed up, it should be life no let offs.

Is that clear enough, try to answer when sobber this time,

I along with many others are sick of no marks taking the ###### out of the justice system which is loaded in favour of the offenders, what about victims FFS

Now what would you do ?

please be specific

<_<

Just to add to the above as my edit button is not available again,

The Crown Prosecution Service missed a golden opportunity in this case, as they were 10 year olds they were still the legal responsibility of the parents, they should have brought a case against the parents as well, as accessories to the crime on the basis of irresponsible upbringing of children. That would have sent a clear signal to the lowlifes that not taking responsibility for their offsprings would not be tolerated.

Where were the parents at the time of the crime, Saturday afternoon, in the pub, down the bookies?

And Colin, don't threaten me with your violent daughter again.

I look forward to your specific solutions!

To be hunted down and killed by the mob, which presumably would make you very happy.

It would if he were Mr or Mrs Bulger I'd imagine Jim. Alternatively you'd be much happier if James Bulger were your son or grandson even. If you deny that you are either some nutter from the God Squad, inhuman or dead.

Oh the delicious irony ... those on this thread whom you would most associate with spittle-flecked faces raging at the hate-filled pages of their Daily Mail ... are the very ones who would apparently have us live under some medievalist justice system akin to Sharia Law!

It would if he were Mr or Mrs Bulger I'd imagine Jim. Alternatively you'd be much happier if James Bulger were your son or grandson even. If you deny that you are either some nutter from the God Squad, inhuman or dead.

Ewood Sparks's reply is the perfect response to the bilge above.

Oh the delicious irony ... those on this thread whom you would most associate with spittle-flecked faces raging at the hate-filled pages of their Daily Mail ... are the very ones who would apparently have us live under some medievalist justice system akin to Sharia Law!

You've got children I think ES so take a look at them and imagine if one of your children had been tortured and murdered in this way your feelings toward the perpetrators would be what exactly?

I rem this case and also the Dunblane massacre as my kids were similar ages and I can tell you when I heard about Dunblane on the car radio and I was so stunned and shocked that I had to pull to the side of the road and stop the car for a couple of minutes. If I'd had the opportunity I'd have placed a bullet between Thomas Hamiltons eyes without a minutes hesitation. And I still would today whether he'd been disadvantaged / interfered with / beaten / abandoned etc etc as a child or not. People who commit such crimes are just evil. Whether they are sick or not is irrelevent.

The fact that he shot himself and the fact that the world is still spinning on it's axis and our society has not crumbled into anarchy shows that 1. we have not missed him. 2. we have not had to fork out 5k(?) per week or however much it is these days to keep him imprisoned in solitary luxury and 3. we will not have the problem of letting him out under an assumed identity whenever he is judged to have served his punishment.

Grow up.

I think it's a default setting rather than user specific.

any idea where I can look SouthAussieRover, sometimes the button is available and sometimes not, can't seem to see a pattern forming and it looks random

If I'd had the opportunity I'd have placed a bullet between Thomas Hamiltons eyes without a minutes hesitation.

And you would have served a long prison sentence, so I'm sure your own kids would have benefited from that.

You're living in the wrong country. China, with it fine record on human rights, would suit you much better.

Just read the Daily Mail this morning ... I didn't see any hate-filled pages, nor was I incensed enough to fleck my face with spittle.

I think there must be a special edition of the Daily Mail, published especially for liberals so that they can get their right-on knickers in a tangle. All this nonsense of caricatures of Daily Mail readers is nothing less than prejudiced profiling from people who've probably never picked the damn 'paper up in their lives.

And you would have served a long prison sentence, so I'm sure your own kids would have benefited from that.

You're living in the wrong country. China, with it fine record on human rights, would suit you much better.

A desire for vengence is an understandable reaction, which is why it's vitally important that the law is seen to administer appropriate punishment.

8 years for torturing and murdering a child is a nonsense, the fact that they were 10 at the time is not a mitigating factor.

Things could soon get messy for some innocent people, a text went round naming Venables as David Calvert from Fleetwood, problem is David Calvert turns out to be David Calvert a bloke from Liverpool who moved over that area.

My mate just showed me that text at lunchtime. His brother-in-law used to be in the RAF and received it from one of his mates in England.

Archived