BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon Venables

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you would have served a long prison sentence, so I'm sure your own kids would have benefited from that.

You're living in the wrong country. China, with it fine record on human rights, would suit you much better.

what would you have done if it was your 2 year old son whose eyes were gouged and filled with paint and then stoned to death??????????????????

sent thomson and venables on a safari or down the arcade and give them a cuddle.

Abbs, seriously mate, don't repeat the details, it's the sickest thing I've every heard of. It really turns my stomach.

At the risk of repeating myself too much, there's no way 8 years was a long enough sentence.

I don't care what their background was, put the decent law-abiding public first - they do not deserve to have these two cretins in their midst. Venables should breathe free air again.

I remember hearing somewhere that one of the Bulger killers was a cocky little sh1t when he was in the the young offenders prison. I don`t know which one it was, but they apparently strutted around the place boasting about how 'hard' they were. He also got into plenty of fights.

.....Now, that to me doesn`t sound like behavior of somebody considered 'fit' to be let out on licence.

I remember hearing somewhere that one of the Bulger killers was a cocky little sh1t when he was in the the young offenders prison. I don`t know which one it was, but they apparently strutted around the place boasting about how 'hard' they were. He also got into plenty of fights.

.....Now, that to me doesn`t sound like behavior of somebody considered 'fit' to be let out on licence.

Of course that could be utter ######.

Question for you Matt ... and this isn't to try and catch you out, or something I'll hold you to. Just a question since you work in the legal profession (although I think you work in civil stuff, not criminal, no?)

If Venables/ Thompson had been say 22 when they committed their crimes, what sort of sentence do you think they would've got?

I work in the property department of my firm.

They would have received a considerably longer sentence given the macabre nature of the crime and the fact that the victim was a child. There would have been very few mitigating factors to persuade a judge to grant a lighter sentence. That said, I'm not sure they would have been banged up for life. I'm not one of these death penalty groupies but I believe a 'life sentence' should be just that.

My mate's firm just handled a big murder case over here. Their lowlife client eventually pleaded guilty to the murder ('I don't want to make a d*ck of myself'). Lord Justice Girvan (one of Court of Appeal judges) gave him 12 years. I'm really not sure what the point of such a sentence is.

Bloody hell, you can get 12 years for armed robbery.

I'm no legal eagle, but I would make a wild guess at saying a life sentence with a recommendation to serve at least 25 years in prison would be a bare minimum.

But then look what that evil turd Huntley got. Minimum sentence of 40 years in jail. Regardless of the age of the perpetrators, you look at what happened to Jamie Bulger, how is that not a crime of comparable magnitude? It's a slap on the wrist in comparison. It's just not right at all and I can understand people being angry about it.

But then look what that evil turd Huntley got. Minimum sentence of 40 years in jail. Regardless of the age of the perpetrators, you look at what happened to Jamie Bulger, how is that not a crime of comparable magnitude?

Anything to do with this, Bryan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

I work in the property department of my firm.

They would have received a considerably longer sentence given the macabre nature of the crime and the fact that the victim was a child. There would have been very few mitigating factors to persuade a judge to grant a lighter sentence. That said, I'm not sure they would have been banged up for life. I'm not one of these death penalty groupies but I believe a 'life sentence' should be just that.

My mate's firm just handled a big murder case over here. Their lowlife client eventually pleaded guilty to the murder ('I don't want to make a d*ck of myself'). Lord Justice Girvan (one of Court of Appeal judges) gave him 12 years. I'm really not sure what the point of such a sentence is.

12 years for that?

Take a look at the case of Alan Lee Street where I am from, the lack of a definite decision until last minute and the sentences they got - inconsistent much

You've got children I think ES so take a look at them and imagine if one of your children had been tortured and murdered in this way your feelings toward the perpetrators would be what exactly?

And with that one statement you have hit the nail firmly on it's bonce. Of course if it happened to me or mine I would be after vengeance ... it's the most natural thing in the world if you are emotionally involved in a situation ... but that is what makes our legal system stand head and shoulders above the alternatives hinted at in this thread ... I would be prevented from taking the law into my own hands ... the state dispenses justice not the victim .. . and thus prevents the whole pack of civilization cards from tumbling down amid the short term ill-thought-out urges of the lynch mob.

Yoda

Life should mean life,

What brings you to that conclusion? It's just a handy phrase that means nothing in the legal system. It's just a hackneyed phase that is rolled out without any thought whatsoever.

Venables had a chance to start again and messed up, it should be life no let offs.

So, Venables has been convicted of his crime as a 10 year old he's screwed up seventeen years later (not forgetting that these are currently allegations)

Is that clear enough, try to answer when sobber this time,

I'm on it. Sober. One "b." Apologies. I couldn't help myself

I along with many others are sick of no marks taking the ###### out of the justice system which is loaded in favour of

the offenders, what about victims FFS Now what would you do ?

It's only loaded in the favour of the offenders in your hanging/flogging/lynching viewpoint. Some of us are content to let justice take its course and dispense punishment without the hysteria of "what if it was your child/daughter? theoretical question.

That way lies revenge killing and the total breakdown of independant justice.

The judicial system in this country doesn't accept " he murdered my mate, hang the @#/?" screamed from someone who thinks they are on the panel of the X factor.

Just for finishing, What has Venables done? I've no idea, but several posters seen to want to lynch him for it.

And Colin, don't threaten me with your violent daughter again.

It's OK, she's not really at all. Just me.

You've got children I think ES so take a look at them and imagine if one of your children had been tortured and murdered in this way your feelings toward the perpetrators would be what exactly?

Imagine if one of your children had gone with his friend and tortured the toddler to death.

The Crown Prosecution Service missed a golden opportunity in this case, as they were 10 year olds they were still the legal responsibility of the parents, they should have brought a case against the parents as well, as accessories to the crime on the basis of irresponsible upbringing of children.

You've hit the nail right on the head.

Should Mr and Mrs Venables and Mr and Mrs Thompson, perhaps, be serving life sentences?

I think the dichotomy of "hang 'em/flog 'em/ lynch 'em brigade" and "those prepared to let justice run its course" isn't strictly accurate.

A lot of people aren't happy with the punishment meted out in this case, does that put them in the first group?

I think there's more threat to the justice system coming from inadequate punishments than there is people pushing for medieval stonings or however you'd like to characterise it. Taking Jamie Bulger's life was worth only 8 years of Venables liberty, I think that's disgusting.

Yoda

What brings you to that conclusion? It's just a handy phrase that means nothing in the legal system. It's just a hackneyed phase that is rolled out without any thought whatsoever.

Actually I think life means a min of 14 years, how about in this case, that as long as the parents are without their son, the offenders stay locked up.

So, Venables has been convicted of his crime as a 10 year old he's screwed up seventeen years later (not forgetting that these are currently allegations)

They have taken him back in on the strength of them, they must have evidence

I'm on it. Sober. One "b." Apologies. I couldn't help myself .

Been there got the T shirt biggrin.gif

It's only loaded in the favour of the offenders in your hanging/flogging/lynching viewpoint. Some of us are content to let justice take its course and dispense punishment without the hysteria of "what if it was your child/daughter? theoretical question.

I don't have a hanging/flogging/lynching viewpoint, I do think the justice system is skewed in favour of the offenders at the expense of the victims rights and the offenders know this.

That way lies revenge killing and the total breakdown of independant justice.

Prevention is better than cure see above make the balance even.

The judicial system in this country doesn't accept " he murdered my mate, hang the @#/?" screamed from someone who thinks they are on the panel of the X factor.

No argument from me on this.

Just for finishing, What has Venables done? I've no idea, but several posters seen to want to lynch him for it.

Not me, just justice for all the community, but most of all for Jamies family.

It's OK, she's not really at all. Just me.

Careful, kids have a habit of turning out like their parents cool.gif

Id like some to define Justice for me, what those 2 animals recieved was never Justice.

They lost any human rights they had with what they did to that little boy, as id say i would of gladly put the noose around their necks, infact id of happily done it with my hands.

But no they did their time (a massive 8 years at a rough boarding school) lets give them a brand new start and not have to bear the consequences of their actions.

Imagine if one of your children had gone with his friend and tortured the toddler to death.

You've hit the nail right on the head.

Should Mr and Mrs Venables and Mr and Mrs Thompson, perhaps, be serving life sentences?

I WOULD DISOWN THEM AND CUT EVERY TIE WITH THEM.......and i would would would probly have a nervous breakdown in the shame .

They lost any human rights they had with what they did to that little boy, as id say i would of gladly put the noose around their necks, infact id of happily done it with my hands.

Thank you Baron Judge, Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.

Pampered as in new id and new life so they don't have to live with what that did....THEY DESREVED LYNCHING YOU PLANK.

You're an incredibly confused person.

I don't think it would be unfair to call you "SCUM" or a "PLANK" for not wearing a Burnley shirt for charity. It's absolutely pathetic.

There is a reason people like yourself aren't in charge of the justice system.....

(I don't just mean your spelling and grammar)

(Trivia: Only four people have ever been given a completely new identity after being released from jail. Can you name them? The fact it has only ever been used on four people goes some way to showing how extraordinary this case is)

Only four people have ever been given a completely new identity after being released from jail. Can you name them?

If he can then the system definitely needs looking at.......

Archived