BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

Its no secret that we need investment, but like Basturk says, it fills me with dread also after whats happened to pompey.

Ah you would get over it Gav.

Richest club in the world and Sam replaced with Mourinnho - how does that appeal to you? :)

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You big tease.

Just had my lunchtime cup of tea wasted when I spluttered after reading the first post on the subject. Been working on this for days - keeping it for the soaraway Sunday People.

I can't say any more at this stage, but don't get too worked up would be my advice.

Interesting tale. Let you know more once it comes out.

It's a tricky one. To share the rumour with fellow fans or keep it to myself?

I dunno.

But I do know the writer who's apparently got the story, so we'll see what comes out.

As I said, it might be a rumour and nothing more.

But, it did go very quiet on the 'For Sale' front, didn't it?

Better buy a tin hat mate because now you've outscooped your friend's friend s/he may come looking for you :lol:

Nicko is already on the case so the rest of the journo posse won't be far behind :unsure: run whilst you still can.

Takeover is good news as long as the money is in the form of cash and not loans secured against the club a la ManU. Any cash injection has to be more than we are getting right now so as long as the club isn't hobbled by dodgy debt this can only be good news. We don't need a lot of cash, just enough to stay competitive - plus we have a manager who knows the best way to spend it, promising youth.

Rumour or no, it'll brighten my weekend chat in the pub, Nicko's piece on Sunday will no doubt pop the balloon.

Just had my lunchtime cup of tea wasted when I spluttered after reading the first post on the subject. Been working on this for days - keeping it for the soaraway Sunday People.

I can't say any more at this stage, but don't get too worked up would be my advice.

Interesting tale. Let you know more once it comes out.

Thanks, Nicko. It's important that everyone keeps their feet on the ground and waits for the full story. It's too easy to get carried away with this sort of news. I remember the Portsmouth fans speculating their dream teams for the coming year... and look what happened to them. :blink:

Just looking through earlier rumours.

May it be renewed interest from Nabeel Chowdery who had his last bid of £30m rejected?

Edit: Just read that he is about to go bust and has sold all his properties and have a £160,000 debt at Ritz. Hope its not him

I posted at the time that he had no chance, even less now

:glare:

Like the commentator said when we lifted the PL ttrophy at Anfield and became the Champions.

Something like:

Blackburn Rovers: A club with a great past and a blistering future!

I know this is pedantic but Martin Tyler said

"A club with a great past WITH an uncertain future" who are now THE CHAMPIONS!" just before Sherwood lifted the trophy.

I know this is pedantic but Martin Tyler said

"A club with a great past WITH an uncertain future" who are now THE CHAMPIONS!" just before Sherwood lifted the trophy.

Anyone remember an article in the Express on Auguest 29th 2003 saying a Russian billionaire in the Abramovic mold was buying us? Remember it vividly as it was the morning of my wedding day. Got rather excited about it at the time - false dawn!

Anyone remember an article in the Express on Auguest 29th 2003 saying a Russian billionaire in the Abramovic mold was buying us? Remember it vividly as it was the morning of my wedding day. Got rather excited about it at the time - false dawn!

Funnily enough, found out later that there was an awful lot to that story...can't remember the guy's name but he was interested.

The bottom line here is that a Premier League club could be bought for a decent price if you are [a] a football fan and not bothered about profit.

Fair to say that the search for that Mr Right has been going on for some time now.

Still looking.

Funnily enough, found out later that there was an awful lot to that story...can't remember the guy's name but he was interested.

The bottom line here is that a Premier League club could be bought for a decent price if you are [a] a football fan and not bothered about profit.

Fair to say that the search for that Mr Right has been going on for some time now.

Still looking.

Nothing to this story then Nicko?

As long as whats happened to Pompey/Leeds/Man Utd doesn't happen and John Williams stays on the board I'm happy.

I think the bottom line is that there are about a dozen other Prem clubs that qualify under that criteria.

I think the bottom line is that there are about a dozen other Prem clubs that qualify under that criteria.

Not who:

1) Most likely won't go down this season.

2) Have a reputable and experienced manager (as much as some of us may not totally like him).

3) Have good facilities.

4) Have several reasonably valuable assets in the squad.

5) Are not burdened with excessive debt.

I think you'd struggle to find another club where something in the 60-80 million pound range would see you get the club and have zero debt (if the figures I last looked through are still correct).

We wouldn't be my first choice if I had to pick a club, but once you get beyond the big four, London and a few exceptions (City, Newcastle, Leeds etc.) we would top the list.

Not who:

2) Have a reputable and experienced manager (as much as some of us may not totally like him).

3) Have good facilities.

I think you'd struggle to find another club where something in the 60-80 million pound range would see you get the club and have zero debt (if the figures I last looked through are still correct).

We wouldn't be my first choice if I had to pick a club, but once you get beyond the big four, London and a few exceptions (City, Newcastle, Leeds etc.) we would top the list.

Not disputing your post but I remember it being quoted around the 40-45 range last time news broke like this. We would never sell for 60-80.

Not who:

3) Have good facilities.

Unless there's an emotional attachment to us, I just dont feel we're a club that a potential buyer could get excited about. Yes we're a solid club, seriously over-performing in a lot of ways and most-likely, a new owner (as long as credible) wouldn't get e.g. the Mike Ashley treatment.

The question is, how much further can a new owner take Rovers? Without silly money, probably not that far. We're doing fine as we are, managers get given support and time (unless you're an imbecile like Ince) and we retain that family club environment. I'm actually amazed we get close to 25K per home game. Up the Rovers!

Alexander Mamut

I remember that it was said Smertin was his favourite player and Ambramovich bought him for Chelsea, so he could give him to Mamut, once he had bought Rovers.

Good knowledge, impressive! Probably the only time in my life i bought a Daily Express that too!

It most certainly was Alexander Mamut.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/2782088/Russian-oligarch-invades-the-blogosphere.html

Like any decent oligarch, however, he loves football and once toyed with buying Blackburn Rovers - but pulled back from joining his friend Abromovich in owning the beautiful game as well as wanting to watch it.

Still looking.

This has killed the need to buy the paper. Still looking - means the search is still going on and the current rumour is just that an inteested party had an interest in Rovers but was put off - for whatever reason.

Rovers still at stage one and looking for investment / takeover.

Archived