BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 2010

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Really terrible for the Eagles in my opinion.

You've put all your eggs in the Kolb basket now and I really don't know how smart that is, I'm far from convinced about him. You probably have the receivers to make his life a little easier, but even so. If you offer that trade right back to the Redskins would they do it?

There´s no way of really knowing what we have in Kolb until he gets to start. The organization is clearly big on him and have been so right from the get go, so this was going to happen either way. I suppose you have to trust the guys who see him work out every day and they seem to think he is ready to take over. Adam Caplan also likes Kolb a lot and he seems to know what he´s talking about. A lot of experts are pointing to the similarities between this whole deal and the Favre/Rogers debacle. Of course, the Packers made sure they didn´t have to play Favre twice a season and we all know what kind of numbers Rogers have been putting up since taking over. Guess we´ll see how this turns out.

But there has got to be concerns about the now lack of veteran leadership on offense now. Westbrook AND McNabb gone this offseason leaves a lot of very young guys in there. Talented but young. And a very inconsistent O-line. And there are TONS of questions on the defensive side of the ball. Feels like playoffs are kinda unlikely right now.

Still, Eagles now have 11 picks in this draft. And they say that the draft this year is very deep. Either way, lots of picks leave plenty of room for more pre draft deals as well...

And we BADLY need DBs...

Maybe they could have tried harder to push McNabb into the trade offered by the Raiders. Nnamdi Asomugha is one of the best shutdown corners in the whole NFL and, though I know his contract is huge, I think a successful season with the Eagles would take away all money concerns.

But if the picks they get as compensation outweigh their opinion of his talent, it ultimately doesn’t matter what team they traded him to. If he’s not good enough for the Eagles to win games then how does he suddenly become too good for the Redskins?

They can do a lot with their draft picks, too, and Kolb has looked decent - he's young and he was very good in the first half against the Saints last year but threw 3 interceptions when chasing the game late on. You could say that the trade can't be judged entirely until we see Kolb play.

Personally I think the Redskins come out of it worse than the Eagles. They need to improve their offensive line and defensive backs, not replace their quarterback - though Campbell isn't the best. Losing draft picks and picking up a 30-something player is typical of their lack of foresight. They also tried to offer two players (Haynesworth and Landry) in this trade but the Eagles rejected them, which is hardly gonna create good locker room morale.

Anyway, all adds nicely to the pre-draft anticipation! Roll on April 22nd...

Went to see THE BLIND SIDE last night..I had no idea what it was about.I dudnt even know who it was about until the film got going....won't spoil it but what a frigging good movie...10/10-----sandra bullock gets hotter and hotter!

What do you think to Tebow?

Tebow is probably the best college football player of the last 10 years but personally I don't think he's anywhere near ready to play in the NFL. I think he's hugely charismatic, determined and a winner, but strip away the 'intangibles' he's often praised for and you're not left with much.

He has terrible technique for a quarterback, the complete opposite of the NFL prototype. His footwork in the pocket is poor, he holds the ball too low, he has no follow through and he has a ridiculous loopy throwing motion that reminds me of Byron Leftwich.

His success has come in an offense that nobody uses in the NFL. He's never taken a snap from under centre and never had to read a defence. He's always had one throwing option or tucked the ball and run for it. But he won't have the same success running the ball because he's too slow for top level defenses.

He could eventually find a role that suits him if he's drafted by a good team willing to sit him out for a couple of years and let him study under a good QB and coach. Someone like the Patriots, Broncos or Eagles. But if he goes to a team who are desperate for a star, like the Bills, Jaguars or Browns, he'll be as forgotten as Danny Wuerffel or Ryan Leaf.

Leadership and intangibles are why Rex Grossman got Chicago to a Super Bowl and Jay Cutler never will.

Back to the Marshall trade, considering what the Steelers got for Santonio, 2 second rounders is a pretty good haul.

Tebow is probably the best college football player of the last 10 years but personally I don't think he's anywhere near ready to play in the NFL. I think he's hugely charismatic, determined and a winner, but strip away the 'intangibles' he's often praised for and you're not left with much.

He could eventually find a role that suits him if he's drafted by a good team willing to sit him out for a couple of years and let him study under a good QB and coach. Someone like the Patriots, Broncos or Eagles. But if he goes to a team who are desperate for a star, like the Bills, Jaguars or Browns, he'll be as forgotten as Danny Wuerffel or Ryan Leaf.

My friend was going loopy about him this time last year saying he was going to change the NFL blah blah blah. Now all I hear is how bad his technique is. The one thing that strikes me in just about everything I have read about him is his work ethic is second to non. He has spent hour after hour on the practice strip working on his action and trying to make himself a viable NFL pick. If he continues that with a team who will give him a shot in a few years then I think he could be something special. Equally there have been plenty of people suggesting he swap position as he isn't to bad a HB I think.

I have a sneeky suspicion that either the Patriots or the Browns will end up with him.

I have a sneeky suspicion that either the Patriots or the Browns will end up with him.

I hope he goes to the Patriots for his sake, as much as I dislike them they're a well coached team who can help him.

Since he's one of the biggest talking points of the draft, there's an interesting video of a QB coach discussing his action here and another of him talking with former Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden here. Another decent article with NFL scouts opinions on him here.

Five days to go. Next season's schedule is released on Tuesday, too.

Archived