BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Psychometric / Numerical Reasoning Tests

Bit of an odd topic this one.

I'm in the process of applying for a number of jobs and, as standard, I'm required to complete psychometric and numerical reasoning tests (usually provided by SHL). The last time I did any kind of maths was GCSE (about seven years ago) and I really need to practice.

So, does anybody know of any good resources, whether they be online or in book form?

Also, I'm curious as to how these tests are assessed. Say there are 25 questions. Would the score be x out of 25? Or would it be a case of the proportion of correct answers from those submitted (say 14 right out of 18 answered)? Are certain wrong answers worth more than others? Is it a combination of all three?

Any help or advice here would be great.

Bit of an odd topic this one.

I'm in the process of applying for a number of jobs and, as standard, I'm required to complete psychometric and numerical reasoning tests (usually provided by SHL). The last time I did any kind of maths was GCSE (about seven years ago) and I really need to practice.

So, does anybody know of any good resources, whether they be online or in book form?

Also, I'm curious as to how these tests are assessed. Say there are 25 questions. Would the score be x out of 25? Or would it be a case of the proportion of correct answers from those submitted (say 14 right out of 18 answered)? Are certain wrong answers worth more than others? Is it a combination of all three?

Any help or advice here would be great.

You've hit the jackpot TC. Before retiring I was qualified to administer SHL psychometric tests. pm me for some advice.

You've hit the jackpot TC. Before retiring I was qualified to administer SHL psychometric tests. pm me for some advice.

I've been applying for undergraduate placement and these tests are a right pain in the backside!

I just try to avoid applications that have these tests now. If you could PM with some advice too O2G I'd be very grateful. Thank you! :)

Go for either Gyorgy Polya's classic "How To Solve It" or the more recent "Puzzle-Based Learning: Introduction to Critical

Thinking, Mathematics, and Problem Solving" by Zbigniew Michalewicz. There's a good video about it

. The guy who wrote this is a very down to earth genius and I should know cos I work with him ;)

Archived