BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Formula 1

Well it all goes down to the final race in Abu Dhabi next week, with 4 drivers still in contention for the championship, I think Massa, Webber and Vettel in the mix with Hamilton a bit on the outside really, although you never know in F1.

Does anyone think that if Alonso wins the championship that it taints it a little because of the team orders fiasco in Germany.

Well it all goes down to the final race in Abu Dhabi next week, with 4 drivers still in contention for the championship, I think Massa, Webber and Vettel in the mix with Hamilton a bit on the outside really, although you never know in F1.

Does anyone think that if Alonso wins the championship that it taints it a little because of the team orders fiasco in Germany.

It taints it a lot. Should have been disqualified. It was a flagrant breach of the rules but because it was Ferrari it was swept under the carpet.

I think that Alonso should of had his points taken off him in Germany, the FIA are basically saying yes it's a rule but if you break it we will just give you some paltry fine.

Just noticed on the post that I did yesterday I put Massa instead of Alonso for drivers still in contention.

Ironically the fact that Red Bull refused to use team orders in the previous race enabled Seb Vettel to steal the title from Alonso in the Ferrari today to become the sports youngest ever champion. Lewis and Jenson on the podium with him making the podium the 3 most recent champions. Epic season.

It has been the closest and most exciting season I can remember and the despicably arrogant Alonso was beaten for the championship. If it could not be one of the British drivers I am reasonably happy with that.

I would of like to have seen a british winner, but as it has already been said a close and exciting season, it's good to see the days of the one team domination seems to be over.

Did anyone see Alonso shaking his fist at Petrov after crossing the line because Petrov had managed to keep Alonso behind him, I'm so glad Alonso didn't cheat his way to the title.

• 2 months later...

I hope he makes a full recovery, apparently it will be known in about 6 days if the operation has been a sucess and he can use his hand again.

I surprised his F1 team let him drive in this race considering the F1 season is about 6 weeks away.

Only in Italy eh.

Most new cars launched now, we have cars with Kers, some without.

Renault with exhausts in weird places.

Mclaren with unusual air ducts ( and I believe similar exhausts to Renault to be unveiled at Jerez.

Archived