BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shirt Of Hurt

Good afternoon guys.

Not sure if you have heard about the 'Shirt Of Hurt' for sport relief. In brief it's about wearing the shirt of your bitterest rivals to raise money. I wondered if perhaps one of this boards notables wanted to join me in supporting this initative - maybe one of my great buddies on here like Abbey or Gav, maybe even Garners - by wearing a Burnley shirt and in return I will don a Rovers one - we could try for sponsors on here and I thought maybe even wear it to a game and try for sponsors at our respective grounds?

I'm sure both clubs would be willing to donate a shirt for the purposes and I know both sets of fans would join in the spirit, give us some serious stick but also support us generously.

Anyway, just a thought, be interested to hear if any of you would be up for this idea?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, just a thought, be interested to hear if any of you would be up for this idea?

Funnily enough Longsiders I'm away visiting some friends this weekend who happen to originally be from your neck of the woods now living down south.

Have been wondering what their reaction would be if I turn up with a Rovers shirt suggesting we swop and take pictures.

I'm guessing they won't do it thus meaning I wouldn't have to but what if they call my bluff!?!

Oooh, the dilemma!

I did mention Gav because I figured he would be one name that would really cause a stir if he agreed to it - I'm not holding out much hope though, be good if he would though.

Do it Brighton, its all for a good cause - and afterwards we can all wash in disinefectant to remove the pollution :)

I have done this before, did it for charity at work, felt sick t o the stomach for doing it but raised about a hundred quid for a few hours in a pretty ###### location for doing it. It works especially when people understand the meaning of the rivalry, were I was only work collegues understood the fierce dislike I had for Burnley so I got more sponsership off them.

I repaid the dingle who lent me the full dingle kit by accidently dropping his shorts in a bag of wee(Dont ask) at the Leeds festival about a month later to disinfect them from the Rovers scum(his words) that had worn them, needless to say he wasn't pleased although he did fish them out and still has them to this day.

More recently I had a bet with a dingle over our last game againsteach other were the loser wore the other teams shirt. The dingle being a dingle has welched on the bet time and time again :(:(

If you can Abbey to don a dingle shirt, the photo would be worth a million !

Never in his life could I imagine him wearing the claret and poo of our enemy, not even for charity.

Nice idea dingle one I would even reach in my pockets for a small donation but, really, a dingle shirt on display at Ewood ? God forbid, he might (the wearer) get torched !!

Longsiders.....i bet you`ve secretly always wanted to don the famous blue & white halves :brfc:

This 'charity' thing is just an excuse!! :lol:

I`ll tell you what, i`ll pay Longsiders to wear a Rovers shirt with "32 years" printed on the back :tu:

did this last year for children in need. well a lad at our office did. he ended up wearing a everton shirt, manure scarf, chelsea shorts and a arse mug. was quite funny. raised just under £200 from 20-30 people

I sent a tweet to Alistair Campbell a couple of weeks ago about this. Unsurprisingly he's not replied. Not that I post much on this messageboard these days so wouldn't do it in this case, as a general point if I could raise enough money and knew a Rovers shirt would be worn for Burnley fan I'd gladly do it.

Actually 'gladly' is taking it too far, but I meant about the raising of money. I'd feel sick though.

I sent a tweet to Alistair Campbell a couple of weeks ago about this. Unsurprisingly he's not replied. Not that I post much on this messageboard these days so wouldn't do it in this case, as a general point if I could raise enough money and knew a Rovers shirt would be worn for Burnley fan I'd gladly do it.

Actually 'gladly' is taking it too far, but I meant about the raising of money. I'd feel sick though.

There's an idea----Alistair Campbell and Jack Straw!

I'd rather just give the money to be honest. No daft stunts for me thanks. The only exception would be if I could get Alistair Campbell to wear a Rovers shirt. I'd even set fire to our shirt for him if he asked..............but only when he was wearing it at the time.

i would rather endure whatever those who are having the money raised for have to go through than wear a burnley shirt. hmm, as someone who has been affected by cancer, i think i would rather get that than wear a dingle shirt for a day.

good idea for those without a proper hatred for burnley though, hope you raise a lot of money.

i would rather endure whatever those who are having the money raised for have to go through than wear a burnley shirt. hmm, as someone who has been affected by cancer, i think i would rather get that than wear a dingle shirt for a day.

Clearly not then! Be abit more sensitive when talking about things like that...id wear a Burnley shirt all season if it meant I could ensure my family would stay clear of a life threatening disease!! :angry:

Clearly not then! Be abit more sensitive when talking about things like that...id wear a Burnley shirt all season if it meant I could ensure my family would stay clear of a life threatening disease!! :angry:

If I knew it would of worked, I would of thrown one on my old man before he passed!

Archived