BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shirt Of Hurt

You don't understand the problem?!?!? Care in the community really is alive and well......

It is because you are saying you would rather have a disease which takes all your respect, destroys you and those around you and then after a long drawn out, painful battle takes your life. You are saying you would rather suffer this than wear what is in all honest just a piece of cloth. If you do all that for cancer charities and have seen what it does then surely you can see what would upset people about you comment.

Then again, maybe I'm just wasting my breath :wacko:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would rather get cancer than wear a bunrley shirt.

It's such an imbecilic point of view that it's offensive. Really, deeply, offensive.

Ever seen anyone waste away through cancer? It ain't pretty. To rank wearing a Burnley shirt as a worse fate than cancer is to ridicule the suffering of cancer victims and their loved ones. i don't care if you're trying to be funny or provocative, you're still a lemon.

it is deeply offensive for a man to wish cancer on himself over another thing?

i can understand why you would see it as idiotic, but to be offended by this notion in itself is idiotic.

straying away from the point, and it will be my last post in the thread (unless something defamatory is said against me), but would you be offended if i killed myself? that would be worse than getting cancer and also involves an actual intent on my own part. i don't think you would, so why be offended by this?

it is deeply offensive for a man to wish cancer on himself over another thing?

i can understand why you would see it as idiotic, but to be offended by this notion in itself is idiotic.

straying away from the point, and it will be my last post in the thread (unless something defamatory is said against me), but would you be offended if i killed myself? that would be worse than getting cancer and also involves an actual intent on my own part. i don't think you would, so why be offended by this?

read the other posts properly. You are treading on things too close to people's real lives here and trying to suggest that their very real pain about relatives dying and suffering and their own struggles are less important than a football shirt. When Shankly said football was more important than life and death, he was saying it tongue in cheek. You don't appear to be.

i don't understand the problem. i'm not talking about anybody else, i'm talking about me. i would rather get cancer than wear a bunrley shirt.

Ignore then Braddock, some people need to get a life instead of trying to hang on to everyones word to find fault.

And what's worse than one crass insensitive idiot?.....You've got it..... Two of them! :wstu:

Listen here my sun baked Cyprus dwelling idiot, he was poking fun at himself and burnley, not at anyone else.

We all have experiences and family members that have been affected by the disease, 1 in 3 people will get cancer during their lifetime so its a a cert.

Some people need to what does that mean? lighten up and stop looking for arguments all of the time, and thus turn threads like this into point scoring exercises.

Here endeth the lesson.

Lets get back on topic.

Listen here my sun baked Cyprus dwelling idiot, he was poking fun at himself and burnley, not at anyone else.

We all have experiences and family members that have been affected by the disease, 1 in 3 people will get cancer during their lifetime so its a a cert.

Some people need to what does that mean? lighten up and stop looking for arguments all of the time, and thus turn threads like this into point scoring exercises.

Here endeth the lesson.

Lets get back on topic.

You just don't get it do you? :blink:

Here endeth the lesson.

Lets get back on topic.

Spot on. Way too much mock outrage on here.

Mock outrage? Unfortunately as I said it's a current reality for some of us and if others can't understand that then it's about time they thought a bit more carefully about things they say and understood that for someone to say they'd rather get cancer than wear a Burnley shirt is crass in the extreme, when others on here are living with cancer

Agreed. It's only words. Words that can't hurt you, from someone you'll never meet.

People that get offended over stuff like this have too much time on their hands.

Mock outrage? Unfortunately as I said it's a current reality for some of us and if others can't understand that then it's about time they thought a bit more carefully about things they say and understood that for someone to say they'd rather get cancer than wear a Burnley shirt is crass in the extreme, when others on here are living with cancer

I'm sure many on here will have suffered berevment due to some affliction or other. I myself lost my Dad to heart desease. If Braddock had made his remark about that illness I can, hand on heart, say that I would have taken the comment in the light it was clearly intended.

Longsiders started this thread in good faith and look what happens. It is indicative of the sort of moralising and bullying that is unfortunately all too common on here. Given this mb is often visited by fans of other clubs it shows us in a poor light.

Now unfortunately, I have to go to work :(

Its not mock outrage, I'm not outraged at all. Just disapointed that I had to suffer watching one of my friends who was 23, my Dad and Grandad suffer and die from cancer when all the time Braddock would happily have had the disease instead of them and I could have worn a Burnley shirt instead. Also its not the fact they have died, in all honesty that was a relief, it was the 12 / 18 months of suffering which get to you the most.

Anyway, some people unfortunatly understand why a few people did not really like the comment about getting cancer and others don;t which to be fair is probebly a good thing in that I guess most of those have never witnessed someone go through that horror.

Sorry if people think I should get a life or am to sensitive but I would wear 1,000,000 Burnley shirts and attend every game at t'turf until my final day if it meant no one else had to go through that.

Anyway, fair play to Londsiders for coming on here and suggesting the shirt swap, I think its a great idea. :rover:

I'm sure many on here will have suffered berevment due to some affliction or other. I myself lost my Dad to heart desease. If Braddock had made his remark about that illness I can, hand on heart, say that I would have taken the comment in the light it was clearly intended.

Longsiders started this thread in good faith and look what happens. It is indicative of the sort of moralising and bullying that is unfortunately all too common on here. Given this mb is often visited by fans of other clubs it shows us in a poor light.

Now unfortunately, I have to go to work :(

Hope you get the same thing too and die tomorrow.

Ho ho ho.

Interestingly, I would not have a problem wearing a Burnley shirt. However the thought of wearing a Man U shirt makes my flesh crawl. I was suprised just how bad I felt about the idea. Everyone would think I was like everyone else and and glory seeker. It upsets me when I go to somewhere like Carlisle and there are more Man U shirts on sale than Carlisle shirts in the local shops. I would wear a Man U shirt for Charity but only one or two people would know what a sacrifice it was.

Anyway, some people unfortunatly understand why a few people did not really like the comment about getting cancer and others don;t which to be fair is probebly a good thing in that I guess most of those have never witnessed someone go through that horror.

Dont get me wrong, I understand wwhy you don't like it. I just dont think it's worth wasting your time and emotion on.

Sorry if people think I should get a life or am to sensitive but I would wear 1,000,000 Burnley shirts and attend every game at t'turf until my final day if it meant no one else had to go through that.

If that were possible then I'm sure we all would, including Braddock.

Anyway - Gav - cmon mate, you wont be able to see yourself but you will be able to see a Dingle in B&W :rover:

I am taking part in the "shirt of hurt" next Friday along with 2 fellow Rovers fans and one Man Utd fan. Should raise quite a bit as we all work in Burnley (I will be wearing a rovers shirt underneath so I don't come out in a rash!!) All for a good cause.

Archived