BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 28% Of Rovers' Fans May Not Renew Season Tickets

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says are consider cancelling their season tickets. Do you not think that it is because people can not afford it. I have been given my notice at work. got 5 months to find a another job, so i can see why some may have to cancel the season tickets. Also people are having kids and the price of things are going up like petrol and food shopping so people have to take stock of what they can afford to spend.

We cant keep blaming Big Sam for this or the rovers board. Think the rovers board and chairman have been brillant with the fans for dropping the prices for season tickets by 100 pounds each. I think it should be knowledge that they try the best to keep prices down. Big Sam is just trying to do the best he can do within the financal climate that rovers find themselves in. As long we are in premiership and have a decent cup run i will be happy. SO STOP BLAMING BIG SAM. Yes i argee the football sometimes is not great but results matter more than style. We try to play attractive passing football under Paul Ince and it fail!!!

So who do you want as manager then Abbey?

Anyway, I think there will be a few clubs in this kind of position. The exceptions will be those who have a large and wealthy fan base like Spuds, or those who are in big cities with a strong local support like Big Club. Clubs in less fashionable and/or wealthy parts of the country will feel the pinch more (e.g. us, Colchester, Barnet, Preston and Middelsborough).

What is the point of Abbey? Just out of interest?

I keep expecting him/her to tell me I've won the Nigerian lottery with all the capital letters and spelling mistakes. This one is the only post I can remember which kind of made sense.

If I was that negative I wouldn't bother coming to the board.

In response to the thread, I would rather have 28% less fans and be playing in the Premiership, than get relegated and lose them anyway. Until a better manager can be realistically suggested it's a little pointless continuously calling for the head of a man who is doing his job adequately.

Surprised ours is 28% while Stoke and Liverpool is just 9%. And Bolton is pretty low as well!

Surely there must be more people disillusioned by Liverpool than 9%? Rafa is a joke and their team without Torres or Gerrard is complete trash. Why would you pay the money to watch that? Last I remember, the season ticket price for Liverpool was a complete joke as well.

Surprised its only 28% tbh. Too many on here have the ostrich syndrome.

Why are 28% of Everton fans and 29% of Fulham fans also 'considering' (whatever that means)?

Those stats seem to suggest it's a common trend amongst most clubs, regardless of success or perceived entertainment value. Getting to the heart of those issues would be an interesting debate, but I guess this is destined for the tired all crap like above.

Well firstly the title of the thread should not read 28% of Rovers fans may not renew season tickets, it should read, 28% of Rovers fans who bothered to fill out the survey may not renew season tickets.

It's well known, or at least it should be that the majority of people who fill out surveys either have something to complain about or simply have far too much free time on their hands, happy people or people without reason to complain simply ignore the survey and carry on about their day.

Complete tosh basically. Daisy Dukes.

I'd love to have a season ticket again like i was in the late 80s and throughout the 90s but sadly having to work every other weekend as part of my shift work and no guarantee what day we play our home games means that i cant afford to gamble with a loss. When i did have a season ticket through that time i was a single lad who enjoyed many a good time but was willing to travel the length and breadth of the country to do it. Nowadays having a daughter from a previous relationship who i have tried getting her interested in following the Rovers as well as paying out maintenance and another 1 year old daughter who needs an operation next month in Manchester and the costs what come with that means i cant afford the money even for the Darwen End but i still get down when i can and always will do regardless of who the manager is!! ps this is not a cry for pity but a reality check as as much as i love our beloved club sometimes you have to put your family 1st!!!

A Rovers season ticket costs less than £4 a week. I blow more than that every dinnertime. It's definitely affordable to the vast majority of people.

But you can't pay for it on a weekly basis. I know you you can pay on direct debit which is monthly but for some people even that's not in small enough chunks.

On a different note I know a lot of school kids who are thinking of getting Rovers Season tickets if they stay at the same sort of prices because even if they are not Rovers fans it means they get to see all the big teams live at Ewood. Get them in and they nearly always start supporting the home team.

One of my mates didn't renew his or his son's season ticket this season for one reason only, he was on short time at work and it wasn't going to change in the short term. I think he's only been back on full time for a few months for the past year in total. That has to hurt financially and the first things to go were Sky and his season tickets. That's paring back every expense he could. I'm not surprised some people might not renew in this financial climate.

Complete horse ######,

It doesn't even say what the questions were and how people were polled

laugh.gif

Well, it was a survey of four thousand people, and when you consider election pollsters survey 1,000 people, it looks like a large sample to me and statistically sound. The survey is quoted as being well regarded.

So 'complete horse xxxxx', I think not.

Well, it was a survey of four thousand people, and when you consider election pollsters survey 1,000 people, it looks like a large sample to me and statistically sound. The survey is quoted as being well regarded.

So 'complete horse xxxxx', I think not.

Well we will all know the answer before the start of next season!

It is well known that questions can be constructed to give the answer required for the headline

wink.gif

4000 rovers season ticket holders though? If you surveyed a random 4000 people - id be suprised if you acually found 100 rovers fans given the interest in some of the bigger clubs!

Good point there Hughesy

rover.gif

You don't need a survey to tell you this - just overhearing comments and conversations in the stands and concourses and around the pubs etc tells its own story.

If prices stay as they are then it's difficult to justify not renewing on cost grounds alone (in most cases) - but I also suspect that many people will make up their minds after they see how the team approaches the fixtures at Ewood between now and the end of the season.

The away results against the 5 remaining home opponents (Chelsea, Birmingham, Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal) have been dismal this season - P5 W0 D0 L5 F3 A17.

The renowned Fortress Ewood home form will need produce something spectacularly different from that, otherwise there will be a lot more than 28% of ST holders thinking of not renewing.

However a cheeky win against any of the big 3 and a run of good positive performances at Ewood could have a really positive effect on ST sales.

W8 D4 L2 - Thats the home record as it stands....Not bad so far for £200!

I was more than happy to be paying the same this season, as last - £300, so £200 is a no brainer...

If the price goes up then I can see us losing a few thousand, but if it stays the same then I think we have very fickle fans if they choose to leave - especially if the excuse is the style of play!

Archived