BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 1984~85 Season Review Completed

Ozz

A few of you will have already had a look at this in the Heaven... section of the website, but for those who have not, this is just to let you know that the full season review from 84~85 has now been finished. It took a while, and a lot of things have happened to me while compiling it, (birth, deaths, divorces etc), but I have done it mostly at lunch time during work, which kept on getting in the way.

Anyway for a direct link, click Blackburn Rovers 1984~85, or got to the Heaven... section.

I would really be interested to hear any shared memories from the games and events in there, so please feel free to reply to any of the posts I and others have made on it.

Ozz

Thanks for all your efforts on that topic Ozzie, it has been an interesting read and brought back a few childhood memories.

There was an interesting anecdote in the Simon Garner autobiography about the Wolves game. Apparently, Tommy Doc sat in on the Rovers team talk before the game and promptly announced - "Don't worry about my lot - they are crap!"

Superb effot Ozz. Thoroughly enjoyed reading that over the last few months. Cheers.

This was around the time when you heard the likes of "they don't want to go up". Rovers just ran out of steam / quality.

Agree fully with that - Great read Ozz

• 5 years later...

I have condensed the old thread into a single full blog post now. Some of the original images are not there as they were hosted on an old work server which went bust. Credit to Bob Fleming for the Portsmouth home report near the end, Link below.

https://ozzrovers.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/blackburn-rovers-a-diary-of-a-season/

Christ it`s over 12,000 words! Sorry.

I have condensed the old thread into a single full blog post now. Some of the original images are not there as they were hosted on an old work server which went bust. Credit to Bob Fleming for the Portsmouth home report near the end, Link below.

https://ozzrovers.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/blackburn-rovers-a-diary-of-a-season/

Good stuff Ozz, hope you are well mate.

Great stuff Ozz...the two games against the Mancs were indeed menacing affairs on the Terraces especially for a Twelve year old at the time!.

A Friday night game Televised live across the country,CHRIST ALMIGHTY!..it was the talk of the Town for weeks leading up to the game!

The Carlise riot death,Bradford fire and Heysel..football at the time seemed to be in he gutter.

At the Cup game didn't a Utd fan get arrested outside Ewood brandishing a ruddy Axe!!

Welcome back Ozz, what a great read.

I remember the Cardiff away game. I was attacked by a Cardiff fan in the away end.....frightening!!

Grow a pair man, then again looking at your profile picture you've grown several since!

Hope you smacked the taff in the gob :tu:

A few of you will have already had a look at this in the Heaven... section of the website, but for those who have not, this is just to let you know that the full season review from 84~85 has now been finished. It took a while, and a lot of things have happened to me while compiling it, (birth, deaths, divorces etc), but I have done it mostly at lunch time during work, which kept on getting in the way.

Anyway for a direct link, click Blackburn Rovers 1984~85, or got to the Heaven... section.

I would really be interested to hear any shared memories from the games and events in there, so please feel free to reply to any of the posts I and others have made on it.

Ozz

I get a safety warning trying to access this page

Opened this one OK.

Couldn't remember much from that season. The Utd cup match and the City fans scrambling to get out of the BBE in the bottom corner.

It wasn't one of my 'wilderness' years either :lol:

Have you got a scrap book for each season since then ozzy?

Opened this one OK.

Couldn't remember much from that season. The Utd cup match and the City fans scrambling to get out of the BBE in the bottom corner.

It wasn't one of my 'wilderness' years either :lol:

You mean you're out of them?

Archived