BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hammond Organ

Anyone with an interest in the Hammond Organ - type 'Jon Lord' into Youtube, there are some great thoughts from Jon Lord on the Hammond and recordings of Deep Purple's excellent Child In Time, which I was fortunate enough to hear Jon Lord perform at KGH Blackburn, whilst touring with The Ian Gillan Band. There were also some good clips on BBC 4's rock special last Sunday.

Jon Lord wasn't in the Ian Gillan Band, it was Colin Towns that you saw at the KGH. He did have a stint in Whitesnake though.

Nevertheless, I agree that Lord is one of the finest players of the Hammond in rock music. I saw him with Deep Purple a couple of times, I love the sound he got from his instrument.

Jon Lord wasn't in the Ian Gillan Band, it was Colin Towns that you saw at the KGH. He did have a stint in Whitesnake though.

Nevertheless, I agree that Lord is one of the finest players of the Hammond in rock music. I saw him with Deep Purple a couple of times, I love the sound he got from his instrument.

Memory's letting me down Friarsnig. Twas indeed with David Coverdale's Whitesnake at Preston Guildhall when I was privileged to see Jon Lord. I also saw The Ian Gillan band at KGH Blackburn.

Archived