BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

So we’ve been predicting this since they got promoted at the end of last season, and now we’re getting down to the business end, so here are my predictions for the rest of the burnley campaign.

A Wigan Athletic 1

H Blackburn 1

H Manchester City 1

A Hull City 1

A Sunderland 0

H Liverpool 0

A Birmingham 0

H Tottenham 1

Relegated :tu:

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i reckon they'll win away before the end of the season

i reckon they'll win at least two overall

i reckon they'll go down on either the last game or the penultimate game

how the first two happen could be in absolutely any way. i wouldn't put it past them beating a top team simply because they will be underestimated. they have hull to play which could go either way (though i presume hull - not worth writing them off though), a derby against us (derbies can go either way) and have to play sunderland and birmingham (whose season should have petered out by then).

The next two games are massive for Burnley football club, Wigan and us at home.

What chances have we with big Sam playing with one striker until the last twenty minutes or so and some slow players in the team.

Will Rovers be the ones who give the Dingles some false hope come the end of the month ?

The next two games are massive for Burnley football club, Wigan and us at home.

What chances have we with big Sam playing with one striker until the last twenty minutes or so and some slow players in the team.

Will Rovers be the ones who give the Dingles some false hope come the end of the month ?

The main thing is not to get beat at the morgue, a win would be a bonus and help hammer a nail in the coffin, but we mustn't lose.

The odds are massively stacked against them especially as Hull have sacked Phil Brown today with a view to getting themselves motivated for the Pompey visit next. The dingles' last two home games were winnable and definitely in the "whatever they do, don't lose them" category and they lost them both....

To stay up they need the following:

A Wigan Athletic Cannot lose and hope to stay up

H Blackburn BIGGEST GAME THE DINGLES WILL EVER SEE- Cup final, survival etc etc all rolled into one. Psychologically they will be dead if they lose this one, but alive and kicking if they win it...

H Manchester City Anything is a bonus- probably get nothing apart from a few more to add to their awful goals against total

A Hull City Cannot lose and hope to stay up

A Sunderland Realistically one they have to win to stay up and probably won't

H Liverpool Relegation day- Liverpool are beatable by most mediocre Prem sides on their day.. only the dingles aren't that good and this won't be their day

A Birmingham Even if they are not already down, St Andrews is not where you want to go to try to save your Prem lives.

H Tottenham At last the dingles get lucky- Spurs probably will have nothing to play for on the last day of the season. But then again, perhaps three easy points at t'Turf to secure CL and 4th place...

The Burnley- Rovers game taking on massive implications. If they lose what must be a game they're targeting for a win they'll have one foot in the grave. I just wish I was more confident we can turn them over but our away record is terrible. On current form we should be able to get some sort of a result but who knows with Rovers

Working in Burnley and to say they have gone from elation to deflation this season is an understatement...their big mouths have fallen so silent,resigned to relegation and back to where they belong.

BUT,I will say again that I have a very bad feeling about the 28th....as shyte as Burnley are we play away from home like we dont give a shyte either!

:unsure:

Have faith people!!! :tu:

There`s sooooo much riding on that one game for them.....they`ll fold under the pressure. It`s all their team will hear from their fans for the next 2-3weeks. Their arses will be twitching like rabbit noses at the thought of Rovers coming to town & sealing their fate.

The flying pig (jensen) will be having nightmares already :unsure:

I only wish i had shares in the emergency shop glazing companies around Bumley. They`re gonna be on overtime in a couple of weeks time :lol:

If we beat Burnley at the Turf, I can definitely see a higher likelihood of trouble post-match...they will NOT be happy bunnies!!!!

Good :D

Working in Burnley and to say they have gone from elation to deflation this season is an understatement...their big mouths have fallen so silent,resigned to relegation and back to where they belong.

They do set themselves up for a fall don't they!

They can't help themselves, thinking they're bigger and better than they actually are :lol:

I wouldn't worry guys, you will win easily. The side have no fight and the manager has so far been shocking.

Personally I will be steering well clear of Burnley that day, I will stay at home, watch it on Sky and not leave the house because I can see things becoming very nasty, perhaps more so than any other game in recent memory, maybe ever.

I always expected to get relegated to be honest but I didn't expect us to go with such a whimper, I thought we would at least fight to the end - under Coyle we would have that is for sure.

I wouldn't worry guys, you will win easily. The side have no fight and the manager has so far been shocking.

Personally I will be steering well clear of Burnley that day, I will stay at home, watch it on Sky and not leave the house because I can see things becoming very nasty, perhaps more so than any other game in recent memory, maybe ever.

I always expected to get relegated to be honest but I didn't expect us to go with such a whimper, I thought we would at least fight to the end - under Coyle we would have that is for sure.

Jimmk2 do you fancy going? If you do I'll buy longsiders ticket for you. Help the aged and all that. If there's another you can take nicko and I'll pay for that too! :tu:

Employ a manager like Laws and it was always obvious what would happen next.....doomed under him! :lol::lol: FANTASTIC!

Yes but look at the superb commercial angle, they were already looking doomed when Kilby and Flood trousered a cool £1m for Coyle and paid nowt to bring Laws in. Great bit of business. :tu:

Longsider - you have obviously not been taking stock of our away performances this year or chose to ignore our 'pack of cards collapse' away performances.

I have a funny feeling you'll clock that first away win this weekend - and confidence will be carried in't' Derby.

Never, have I felt as less confident going into one of these games before.

Yes its a Derby and all that so you never know but there are still those dark thoughts on either side of the supporters fence moreso than I have known it before.

Probably end up 0 v 0 like the cup game the other year

Hear what you say Kayos but likewise you have not seen our recent performances, if you can call them that.

There has been little to shout about and the only glimmer of hope we have is that our forward line is creating chances and taking a reasonable number of them.

Defensively we are shambolic, confidence looks shot in almost every player, the manager seems to have no real idea how to address our problems and in all likelyhood we will be down before playng you having lost to Wigan and Hull.

Hear what you say Kayos but likewise you have not seen our recent performances, if you can call them that.

There has been little to shout about and the only glimmer of hope we have is that our forward line is creating chances and taking a reasonable number of them.

Defensively we are shambolic, confidence looks shot in almost every player, the manager seems to have no real idea how to address our problems and in all likelyhood we will be down before playng you having lost to Wigan and Hull.

Ah! but therin lies the danger for us,Longsiders. If you are already effectively relegated you will have nothing to play for except local pride, and your players will be relaxed and the crowd up for it like never before. So we should all witness a Derby match to trump all it's predecessors. OOOOHHHH! the mind boggles.

Archived