BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

in all likelyhood we will be down before playng you having lost to Wigan and Hull.

If you get a result against a very inconsistent wigan team then you would be going into the derby game with a new sense of belief. You have to face us and city before the Hull game!

I can't believe we're trying to cheer up a dingle!! :rolleyes::lol:

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good thing from Burnley FC's PoV is the finances. Am I right in saying your Directors etc. have been paid back? Plus you haven't spent extravagantly in the transfer market. Even if you get relegated it shouldn't be too disastrous from that PoV and, Bikey aside, you won't have massive wages to shift.

We are led to believe the directors have all been paid back and that we currently have no debt - also if what I read today is true then the additional 2 years of parachute payments will be more than welcome :lol:

Wages wise nobody is on 'huge' money - I think the parachute payment alone will cover our current wage bill.

Yeah sorry re the Hull game - I am getting all my fixtures mixed up in my depression

There's no doubt about that. But Burnley just don't have the finances or facilities that Bolton have. The setup and backing at Burnley deserves a manager like Brian Laws, not Owen Coyle.

Am I allowed to say I like Owen Coyle on here, though? :unsure:

Finances? you mean 60 million of debt? Nope we certainly don't have that. Agree on the facilities though - they are shocking at Burnley and need some spending done on them - maybe the board will finally address this over the next couple of years with some of the Prem money

dingles coming up with excuses already. all that's gonna do is make us underestimate them. you have a chance and you know it, derbies can swing either way. the sensible thing for you to do is write yourself off because it's a win win situation - if you win it's even more legendary a day and if you lose it was expected. there's no sympathy from me, nor will there be any trying to cheer you up after seeing what your fellow fans have been claiming up until the portsmouth game. the amount of times i've heard we are going to be trounced on the turf, the amount of times burnley fans have mocked our style of play, our attendances, and the amount of times they have bigged up their practically none-existent home form. it's been ridiculous. i just hope our lads are up for it.

keep the hate

dingles coming up with excuses already. all that's gonna do is make us underestimate them. you have a chance and you know it, derbies can swing either way. the sensible thing for you to do is write yourself off because it's a win win situation - if you win it's even more legendary a day and if you lose it was expected. there's no sympathy from me, nor will there be any trying to cheer you up after seeing what your fellow fans have been claiming up until the portsmouth game. the amount of times i've heard we are going to be trounced on the turf, the amount of times burnley fans have mocked our style of play, our attendances, and the amount of times they have bigged up their practically none-existent home form. it's been ridiculous. i just hope our lads are up for it.

keep the hate

Does your keyboard not have a shift or caps lock key, or do you not know how to start a new sentence with a capital letter?!

I will stay at home, watch it on Sky and not leave the house because I can see things becoming very nasty, perhaps more so than any other game in recent memory, maybe ever.

Lets hope the town gets a facelift again, it could really do with it.

Does your keyboard not have a shift or caps lock key, or do you not know how to start a new sentence with a capital letter?!

neither. i choose not to when on the internet.

if i were to write you a letter it would be beautifully composed.

i also made a conscious effort to stop using capital letters when i realised abbey was using them all up.

what does it matter? its a forum not a English lesson

keep the hate

No excuses, a simple statement of the current state of things as I see them. You will need to have a seriously off day not to win, or at least get a draw. Anybody who has been saying you would get 'trounced', even before Coyle left was delusional at best - our form had already gone having not won in 9 league games before he left. What we would have done with Coyle in charge is given you a game AND we would have played some excellent football.

Anyway Braddock, you keep the hate and I'll keep my feet firmly planted on the ground like I have most of the season (admittedly I felt a little giddy up until about October). There is no win win in this game and there never will be for either team - it will always be win at all costs, for the fans anyway. On this occasion I just don't think we have it in the locker, in fact I feel we have less chance this time than in any of the recent games.

Personally I will be steering well clear of Burnley that day, I will stay at home, watch it on Sky and not leave the house because I can see things becoming very nasty, perhaps more so than any other game in recent memory, maybe ever.

In the name of God will some kind person PLEASE get me a ticket...PRETTY PLEASE!!!! :lol:

Longsiders, do you think messers Kilby and Flood have effectively

taken the money and run this season?.I cant for the life of me,and talking to other Burnley fans,understand why they did not invest in your side to try to stay up this season....surely this WAS the real reason why Coyle left,lack of backing by those he thought he could trust?

And lets not mention those season ticket prices eh....I think you as fans have been shafted good style and some. :xmas:

And lets not mention those season ticket prices eh....I think you as fans have been shafted good style and some. :xmas:

They've got to renew before the end of the season also, or lose the 'loyalty discount'

Promotion could be the best thing to ever happen in the long run, they're slowly alienating the fans, and thats only a good thing :tu:

Longsiders, do you think messers Kilby and Flood have effectively

taken the money and run this season?.

From me, a few weeks ago.

Really pleased they are sinking now. I was getting a bit jazzed off with the media constantly bumming Burnley, saying how great a club they are etc. Nobody slagged their crowds off like they have to us, Bolton and Wigan. The regular visits from BBC camera crews and journos doing special reports on "This wonderful old traditional club" etc. did my head in.

The appointment of Laws was unbelievable, and appears to have been based on four things.

1. He has a lot of experience in managing clubs. (Badly btw.)

2. He used to play for Burnley.

3. He was cheap.

4. He was available (After yet another sacking).

The board obviously bottled it, and appear to have decided that the one season is enough at this level,and to take the money and run.

Loosing at home, where the have got a good record, to Crisis Club (Trademark Symbol) Portsmouth sums up how badly things have got since that early goal at Ewood, which appears to have been the turning point.

After the trip to Turf Moor next month, I hope it really will be a case of No, Ney, Never.

I also have been the least confident I have ever been going into a burnley game - I can see 1-1 draw with them grabbing a late equaliser :(

Belive it or not with our away form id accept that now - I would never have done though at start of season.

Robbo will be a big miss also :(

Ah! but therin lies the danger for us,Longsiders. If you are already effectively relegated you will have nothing to play for except local pride, and your players will be relaxed and the crowd up for it like never before. So we should all witness a Derby match to trump all it's predecessors. OOOOHHHH! the mind boggles.

My fears exactly. When a team is on a bad run who can you trust to give you a helping hand? Yep--Rovers! Also this is the ONLY thing left for Burnley this season. Relegation is a certainty but one last effort against the odds, against their most bitter enemy and the fans get something to remember.

They would trade their place in the Premiership to beat us (not that they have any choice!)

The Sun story is interesting.

Mainly because it will have been planted by someone who wants the job...and maybe sees his chance of getting it.

Watch this space.

hmm, Phil Brown Nicko?

The Sun story is interesting.

Mainly because it will have been planted by someone who wants the job...and maybe sees his chance of getting it.

Watch this space.

As much as I don't rate Laws, I don't think Neil Custis would be much of an improvement.

Archived