BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the name of God will some kind person PLEASE get me a ticket...PRETTY PLEASE!!!! :lol:

Longsiders, do you think messers Kilby and Flood have effectively

taken the money and run this season?.I cant for the life of me,and talking to other Burnley fans,understand why they did not invest in your side to try to stay up this season....surely this WAS the real reason why Coyle left,lack of backing by those he thought he could trust?

And lets not mention those season ticket prices eh....I think you as fans have been shafted good style and some. :xmas:

Not exactly Garners. If you look at the accounts for last year then without promotion we were in serious trouble. We'd spent (for a small club) huge amounts. What I think they have done to a degree is taken the opportunity to clear the debts (mainly to directors). Then there was the unexpected developments with Modus and having to pay back just shy of 4 million there.

At the time it seemed sensible, I suspect had the new parachute plan been in place they may have been more adventurous. I'm sure Coyle would spin that line and I'm equally sure the club would dispute it - and although in prem terms it was not huge money we did shell out in the transfer window AND keep hold of Nugent (even though this was alleged to be one bone of contetion).

Truth is I largely support the actions of the board in stabilising the club, lets see what happens over the next 4 years where as a minimum we have 8 millon a year from the prem to come in.

Dingles might get abit more cash next season too. Looks like Newcastle & West Brom are bouncing straight back - therefore the rest of the league gets their parachute payments split between them!

Would they include Burnley in that split of the parachute payments as they're already going to receive a full payment anyway? Seems incredibly unfair if they do. Split it between the 20 clubs in the division who won't be receiving parachute payments next season, seems more fair.

Would they include Burnley in that split of the parachute payments as they're already going to receive a full payment anyway? Seems incredibly unfair if they do. Split it between the 20 clubs in the division who won't be receiving parachute payments next season, seems more fair.

Seems more fair - but im not sure if thats the case...if so £32m between 20 clubs - nice little bonus for some of them!

Kirkland just been hit with an object possibly thrown from the dingle section says Kamara on Sky.

It was harldy going to be a Wigan fan...Burnley should be fined...Brown better take a flack jacket and a helmet when we go to the dingle dome next week... :angry::angry::angry:

• Backroom

It was harldy going to be a Wigan fan...Burnley should be fined...Brown better take a flack jacket and a helmet when we go to the dingle dome next week... :angry::angry::angry:

Karma has already kicked them in the ass.

Kirkland went down for some time hence the 4 minutes injury time, Wigan scored 3 and a half minutes into it.

You've got to love it.

Archived