BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Relegation Watch

Gav

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus wept,can we have a worthy rival please WHO AINT A LAUGHING STOCK ON AND OFF THE PITCH!

What a shame the water on the pitch didn't clear as fast as the Burnley fans in the stands.....LAST WEEK THEY WOULDN'T LEAVE,THIS WEEK THEY COULDN'T GET OUT FAST ENOUGH!!

Keep 'em coming boys 'n' girls....... :lol::D:lol:

Well the 'no gap' at the start of the season has turned in to a flipping big one!

Shame the weather was so bad today or it could have been a lot more entertaining.

In his post match comments (last ever maybe?), Laws has apologised to the Burnley fans about a lack of turning up for the game whilst mankini could hardly keep his face straight when asked about the question of the first 20 minutes performance.

Quality is made in dingleland.

according to burnley's official site

Cort's last booking came in August 2009, but prior to that he had not been booked or sent off since April 2004, a run of over 150 competitive games!

is it any wonder they can't defend when their centre back has a record like that? bookings aren't to be encouraged, but given how poorly he's played for them you'd imagine he might have miss-timed a few challenges. same goes for the last 6 years for the other clubs he's played for.

Laws post match interview after his final game in charge of Sheffield Wednesday:

Our supporters don't deserve what they saw in the first half, our defence was all over the place.

We have to believe we can turn this round, and I believe that we can, because the hole we are in is getting deeper

If he hadn't been saying this for a month and a half i'd suspect he was on the way out soon.

Me & my better half went for a lovely walk just after tea this evening. The sun was shining & it felt like spring was in the air :)

Walking back along Livesey Branch Road towards Ewood we could see a rather nasty black cloud way over in the distance. "I hope it`s not coming our way" i said to the missus :unsure: A bit further down the road a wonderful rainbow appeared in the sky. It looked like it was right over Ewood Park. I said it would`ve made a good photograph. When we got in, i put the telly on, only to find that rather large black cloud was dumping loads of water down on Turd Morgue.....then i saw the score-line!! :lol: haha!!

It made a fitting end to our day :tu:

The pitch seemed to get waterlogged very quickly, the first half it didn't seem too bad but by the second half it was awful, is this down to bad drainage or maybe the ground staff not doing much during half time in an attempt to get the game abandoned.

The pitch seemed to get waterlogged very quickly, the first half it didn't seem too bad but by the second half it was awful, is this down to bad drainage or maybe the ground staff not doing much during half time in an attempt to get the game abandoned.

The best bit was radio Lancs said before the game that the ground staff had heavelly watered the pitch.They have had problems with the drainage for a few years at the turd since they built the new stands.

Excellent result, loved the fans bailing out after only 7 mins. Classic.

Easily explained USA.......... "They've got champagne tastes on beer money" Stan Ternent circa 2000-2001.

Furthermore pitting Burnleys defence against Bellamy, Adebayor and Tevez makes me recall another Stanism from 2000/2001 season which loosely quoted was .... "when they have Ferrari's and we have mini's there's only going to be one outcome'. :rover:

I actually feel sorry for Burnley. They are so clearly out of their depth now led by a hopeless manager.

Best result of the day yesterday was at the Stadium of Light - Sunderland should have stuck five or six on Arry's london wide boys.

Watching MoTD they highlighted the dingle walking out and smashing his fist onto the exit wall in (to paraphrase Simon and Garfunkel) his anger and his rage.

.......... I bet both his little fingers are throbbing like hell this morning! :lol:

Jimbo lad, how can you sympathise with the dingles? Do you think one of them would come out with such a statement if the tables had been reversed and it was us up the creek without a paddle ?

what is happening over in dingleshire is providing the entertainment for their local rivals and the rest of Lancashire. The lashers and nobenders are having a ball knowing the dingles will be back in their league next year whilst we at Ewood are just having a laugh at their expense.

Just cast your mind back pre-season and the hype from the dingles. They all thought they would be above us and that we would struggle.

Like Sir Bob Fleming said, they were only saying hello :rolleyes::mellow:

Archived