BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

• Backroom

For me Sunday is a good time to experiment. It may be defeatist but theres a good chance we will lose so why not give Basturk a chance before the more important games we have coming up. Also a good chance to try Bunn if he fancies him although I'd have Brown there myself.

Sam will have it as a bonus game so why not?

3-1 chelsea

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read on the official site that Givet's touch and go for Sunday now. Brilliant!

If he fails his fitness test, who's gonna play alongside Samba?

Based on what's happened during the last two games, Sam will probably plump for Keef...

In striker positions?! :rolleyes:

Stop being an arse. You asked:

Didnt Inter play with 1 striker the other night?!

Despite your question being rhetoric and a preemptive defense of Allardyce, you were ironically incorrect. Inter did play with 3 proper stikers. Milito and Eto'o up top with Pandev playing off them. Before you say: "Well in my book, that's only two strikers anyway... Blah, blah... Sam's the best manager in the world... Some more blahing... I love you Sam...", it contradicts your initial point which was that we should follow Inter's set-up and play a 4-5-1, when in actual fact they played a proper 4-3-3 and really had a go at Chelsea from the off.

We were talking formation - not players!

Milito played upfront on his own. Eto wide right, Pandev wide left - Sneider in the middle, Cambiasso & Motta in defensive midfield roles - if you watched the game it was clear & the commentator made a comment about it....as did Mourinho I think.

Back on topic.

Di Santo cannot play as he is on loan

Givet is a doubt!

Who for centre defence with Samba? Andrews, Jones, Salgado!? Id go with Jones!

I think Jones will play if Givet is out. Pretty sure i saw something on the official site during the commentary of the youth cup game that said Jones wasn't playing because he was part of the senior squad for the Chelsea game. Some test for the young lad if he plays, Anelka and Drogba.

Without Givet, I'd guess...

...................... Bunn

Salgado Chimbonda Samba Olsson

........... N'Zonzi . Andrews

.... Emerton . Pedersen . Diouf

.................... Kalinic

Having said that, I'm half expecting Andrews to slot in at centre back, in which case that could be...

...................... Bunn

Salgado Andrews Samba Chimbonda

............. N'Zonzi . Emerton

..... Diouf .... Pedersen ... Olsson

.................... Kalinic

How could anyone justify that 'Dizzy Pascal' starts for Rovers. Which games have you been watching since christmas, injuries or not, Chimbonda shouldnt be anywhere near the first team based on his performances over the past four months.

Just hope big Sam puts in all the young, fresh lads who have pace, to go up against the ageing Lampards, Terry's and Ballacks of Chelsea.

How could anyone justify that 'Dizzy Pascal' starts for Rovers. Which games have you been watching since christmas, injuries or not, Chimbonda shouldnt be anywhere near the first team based on his performances over the past four months.

Just hope big Sam puts in all the young, fresh lads who have pace, to go up against the ageing Lampards, Terry's and Ballacks of Chelsea.

Quite agree.

Chimbo's been getting progressively worse with every game – perhaps he's missing his bum chum Benni...?

Quite agree.

Chimbo's been getting progressively worse with every game perhaps he's missing his bum chum Benni...?

I'd love to see Roy Keane or Graeme Souness exert their manmangement skills on Chimbonda.....ouch !

Archived