BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea At Ewood

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm more than half tempted not to bother going down to Ewood tomorrow. We're going to get absolutely battered.

I'm quite looking forward to it, pressure isn't too high resutls have been good for us so I'm hoping to enjoy a good game of football and hopefully see Rovers nick something

Much as I would love to see Phil Jones get a Premier League start, wouldn't this be a bit of a baptism of fire? Could end up scarring the lad if Drogba and Anelka have their way. Also don't want Malouda skinning Salgado. Salgado can play a role, but not one on one against a speedy winger.

My ideal team would be:

Bunn

Chimbonda Salgado Samba Ollson

Emerton NZonzi Andrews Pedersen

Dunn

Kalinic

Subs: Brown Jones Roberts Diouf Basturk (who is left in the squad to take the other two spots?)

only read the last few pages so not sure if it's been mentioned but chelsea's away form in the league hasn't been great - something like 2 wins in 6/7. Shame we'll have an even dodgier defence but I think it's wrong to totally write us off here. We need to make sure we're closing down quickly in Midfield tho...

Salgado got done on National TV, Dwayne Robinson style.

He's a liability, he shpuldn't be near the pitch, unless the left-winger is wearing scuba boots.

Dwayne T Robinson, that is...

Great reference!

Salgado should not play in this game.

I'm not expecting anything today. We'll have a patched up side as per usual. Anybody know the last time we fielded the same starting Eleven for two games running ? Can't have been this season ! I'll be happy if we just come away without getting any more injuries with two crucial games coming up next week.

My team-

Brown

Salgado

Chimbonda

Samba

Ollssen

Emerton

Nzonzi

Pedersen

Basturk

Dunn

Kalinic

Salvation!

So our fit defenders are:-

Andrews

Chimbonda (not really full of fight)

Sally Gunnell

Samba

Givet

Olsson

I'd play Andrews at RB, Samba/Givet in the middle and Olsson down the left.

take out Andrews and put Emo there and ill be happy. if keef is on the pitch today you know it will be another 5-0 pasting

Drogba will score in the first half, with Kalinic equalising sometime later. Lampard will give Chelsea the advantage after the break, only for Andrews to point out a nonexistent WAG in the crowd distracting John Terry and allowing Big Chris to head home the equaliser.

Pleased to see someone omitting Salgado. How could anyone play him at right-back after last week's disaster?

Because, aside from last week, he's been playing well...and Chelsea don't play with a fast left winger. In fact, they don't really play with a left winger at all, and there is no Ashley Cole down that side either.

Because, aside from last week, he's been playing well...and Chelsea don't play with a fast left winger. In fact, they don't really play with a left winger at all, and there is no Ashley Cole down that side either.

They would play Malouda there I would have thought, who is quicker and more talented than Bale (as a winger at least).

• Backroom

Impossible to predict today but I imagine

Brown

salgado samba Andrews ollson

diouf emerton nzonzi pedersen

dunn

kalinic

Not the team I'd play but I think he will. I'd play junior and basturk today a bit of flair could win us the game

Well, I'd go with:

Bunn

Emerton

Samba

Jones

Olsson

Diouf

Pedersen

Nzonzi

Hoilett

Roberts

Kalinic

I really think we should go 2 up top and have a real go at them, not play 4-5-1 and try to contain them - I mean, against the top teams 4-5-1's always been a rip-roaring success hasn't it? :unsure:

We all know today is not a case of if Chelsea score, only when. I would rather see us have a go, nick a goal and try to defend that than try to defend 0-0, go 2 goals down and then try to do something.

Of course, Negative Sam will always plump for the latter. :angry2:

Archived