BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Driving Test

Hello,

I have my first ever driving test on Tuesday (30th) at 10:24am.

I have no idea why I have waited so long but it has become a constant pain in my side for the past year. I was wondering whether any of you have any good advice for the test and / or general driving. Particularly when it comes to roundabouts and junctions! Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I have no idea why I have waited so long but it has become a constant pain in my side for the past year. I was wondering whether any of you have any good advice for the test and / or general driving. Particularly when it comes to roundabouts and junctions! Thank you in advance!

Sounds daft wear a good pair of shoes/trainers prefreably the ones you wear on your lessons because you will be used to how the pedals feel with them.

Hello,

Roundabouts - Give way to your right, don't go if you dont feel comfortable.

General driving - Don't crash.

;)

Don't go through any red lights like I did on my first test, it's generally frowned upon.

lol, I stopped at a green light. Luckily I was told to turn right so it was fine as I went when the lights went back to green.

This will sound like advice everyone gives but just take your time and don't feel to pressured by other drivers. Other than that if your instructor says your ready then you are, they tend to know their stuff.

Took my test a few weeks ago and passed

Basically make sure you take your time at junctions and at roundabouts. Other key tips would be to follow the signs on the road rather than the traffic and don't feel pressured by other road users in a hurry.

My mates an instructor, he sits in the back on his learners tests as support(He cant do anything but having a familier face can help especially if your nervous) if they want it, also allows him to assess were they went wrong, he has a high pass ratio so this may help.

Just passed my test this morning on the third attempt!

If you type the test centre into google there are often forums discussing some of the common pitfalls of that area. As an e.g. a common problem in my area is a bus lane that can be used by anyone from 10am onwards. If you don't use them after that time then it's a fail. I also used Google Streetview to have a look around some of the roads and get a bit more familiar!

Good luck!

W

As I've been a driving instructor for the past 19 years, hopefully I can give a little bit of advice.

With junctions & r'bouts the most important thing is to get your speed down early-Give yourself time to think

If your not sure it's safe to emerge from a jucnction then don't go-Lack of observation at juctions is the number 1 reason for failing the driving test

Stick to the basics i.e. always use Mirrors-Signal-Position-Speed-Gear-Look

There is no need to over exaggerate use of the mirrors-the examiner can see your eyes moving when you check the mirrors.

If you're not sure of anything on the test ask the examiner-they genuinely do want you to pass.

If you do make a mistake just try to forget about it and keep concentrating on your driving-it could just be classed as a driver error-you are allowed 15 of these & still pass

Remember the examiner knows you've not been driving for 20 years-they just want to see a safe,smooth drive from you.

You're taking your test at a good time of the day, should be nice & quiet on the roads.

If your taking your test in Preston, look out for the humpback bridges they sometimes take you over-approach them slowly in 2nd gear so that you could stop if someone comes over the other way

Remember to always STOP at stop lines,even if the road is completly clear.

The test only last about 45 minutes & if you keep your concentration the time will fly by.

The Driving Test

Driving test nerves

Good Luck.

i failed my class 1 on the same day we beat scum in the cup replay...I HAD A BURNLEY FAN EXAMINER!!!!

i drove fantastic and he failed me because i was a rover ....the soft git told me id failed and literally ran in his room laughing and locked himself in......THAT STORY IS 10000% FACT .

lol, I stopped at a green light. Luckily I was told to turn right so it was fine as I went when the lights went back to green.

This will sound like advice everyone gives but just take your time and don't feel to pressured by other drivers. Other than that if your instructor says your ready then you are, they tend to know their stuff.

I'd love to say I was joking but I actually did go through red lights on my first test, they were temporary ones which had only been put up that morning. Still completely daft as my eyes really should have helped me out, has to rank up there with one of the dumbest things I've done!!

Archived